Police Fire Tear Gas At Protesters In Front Of Parliament

george

You like Goebbels, right? He told that you just repeat a lie often enough than people will believe it.

That 500 Baht a day is lie, there is no evidence at all beside that some PPP supporter tell about it.

My Thai Son was offered that, he is a good lad and told them to ......................... :o and was a "Solidier to boot" :D

Go out into the "Battle Field" :D and find out for yourself :D

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

500 Baht is a lie. The going rate is only 300 Baht/day + free food. 1,500 Baht/day for those who conduct duties.

Seriously? 1,500 baht per day? That's insane, pretty high compared to my compared to my pay per day.

I know tons of Drug Salesman was working in the Supply Division with the PAD, but I wasnt sure if they were paid, maybe I can personally ask them myself, it's just that, I'm not too close with them.

300/day should be for the people who are mobbing in their city, the 500baht should be for people who enters Bangkok from the outside region.

Some other mobbers I know sincerely refused to believe that some of the protesters are paid though, looks like there are sincere protesters there are as well.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some of the police are armed with shot-guns, a shot-gun blast aimed at the feet or legs would certainly cause the damage seen so far on pictures posted here.

I've been watching the news for the whole day through all the official channels, and I switched channel often, I dont see where the police had shotguns except for their Tear Gas Launchers.

unrest_aw107.jpg

r1440190081.jpg

Nice pictures! This should be wide-spread to all the citizens in the Kingdom.

Despite it being a shot-gun it could hold rubber bulletts.

i am no expert though.

The police have been adamantly denying all day that they fired ANY weapon beside tear gas... despite 200+ injured, 4 amputations, dozens seriously wounded, etc.

Hm, I'm never a gun expert, but it does looks like a shotgun, anyone can confirm it?

You are correct - you're "never a gun expert". I just saw the police fire one on the BBC news. So it's not a shotgun, it's a tear-gas grenade gun.

Next ridiculously OTT post, please. :o

On the pictures you can see two different kind of guns.

One is tear-gas

One is rubber bullets, it might be the same size as shotgun, I am not a expert, but it looks the same as a shotgun.

ASTV is a sham.

I for one am happy someone somewhere grew a spine to get this yellow rent-a-mob back to their jobs, or whatever it is they normally do.

It would be really interesting to know who the power & money people are behind the PAD... Someone is paying each of them 500 baht a day to man the barricades...

You like Goebbels, right? He told that you just repeat a lie often enough than people will believe it.

That 500 Baht a day is lie, there is no evidence at all beside that some PPP supporter tell about it.

Exactly. Keep repeating a lie over and over again and eventually people will believe it. I'd love to know where exactly the line is for the money at the PAD protests.

Opposition Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva, however, said after a second round of meetings with

his party's executive committee and members that the ongoing tensions the country is experiencing has

resulted from the government's decisions in dealing with, and mishandling, the situation.

Mr. Abhisit called for resolving the crisis through parliamentary channels. :o He affirmed that the Democrat Party "doesn't support a military coup", as it believes it is not a way out for the country.

TNA

Yours truly,

I think Abhisit is a nice, smart guy. But that is nonsense. When police is using violence, PAD is blocking the parliament. We have almost a civil war and Abhisit means we should speak about it next time when we meet. Maybe a compromise? Beating but not to strong, and cutting just 1 leg not two?

Perhaps someone should remind Mr handsome that the so call "Parliament" was blocked by the PADs. :D:D:D

Hm, I'm never a gun expert, but it does looks like a shotgun, anyone can confirm it?

You are correct - you're "never a gun expert". I just saw the police fire one on the BBC news. So it's not a shotgun, it's a tear-gas grenade gun.

Please look at post 687 ... you will clearly see shotguns

It's a tear-gas launcher? The shape is different from what I've seen on all Channels such as NBT, ThaiPBS, TV 3, TV 7, TV 9 and TV 5.

Are you sure it's a tear-gas launcher?

The one I saw had no wooden handle.

Do you know of one that looks like this one?

Which looks a lot more like what the policeman had.

r136013306.jpg

A man holds an explosive round which he claimed riot police fired upon anti-government demonstrators as they protested outside Parliament in Bangkok October 7, 2008.

REUTERS

Nah, I wasted 25 seconds of my life searching Google Images until I found the one I posted. Can't be bothered to look for an exact match. Maybe you could? :o

Perhaps a solution to the problem is to give the protesters a job, then they wouldn't be able to sit on the streets all day and night, if they had to wake up at 6am to go to work.

they have a job PAD are paying them 500 baht a day to protest!!!!

And again...tell where to pick up the money...my wife is there every day but can't find where to pick up money.

It is simply a lie.

My wife says several people from a neighbouring village have just returned from several weeks paid protesting, the nearer the front the more you get paid. Money is kept under the rice containers!

They didn't want to get hurt and weren't really interested in the cause but the "money was too good to pass up"

I don't believe you.!

PAD suporters are assisted with a food and beverage provision - and other incidental expenditures can be accommodated by the movement -

What you're alleging - simply isn't true - no disrespect -

with disrespect! all the time they try with purpose to spread lies around. On the beginning one even claimed that they get a 500 Baht coupon for alcohol. Everyone who was there and everyone who know Chamlong know that this was a blank lie.

Thaksin takes the police on the ground and the paid posters in the internet/paid headmen in the villages. It is an attack on all sides.

What a loss of face this must be for Thailand.

A country that has never been colonialised before is now colonialised by Sondhi and his croonies.

On the contrary, Thailand has long displayed evidence of colonization. It is run by a small elite that is concentrated in the central trading entrepot of Bangkok and has been running the country on the colonial model for over a century, ever since the Fifth Reign. Prior to that it was a feudal country with a tiny elite dominating a rural population that existed somewhere between servitude and slavery. The more modern elite has exploited the natural resources, as well as the labor of the country, and taken the generated profits out of the country. It has re-invested relatively little back into the country. Neither the PAD nor the PPP wishes to change the colonial model, they are just arguing over which coalition will be in control.

Perhaps a solution to the problem is to give the protesters a job, then they wouldn't be able to sit on the streets all day and night, if they had to wake up at 6am to go to work.

And again...tell where to pick up the money...my wife is there every day but can't find where to pick up money.

It is simply a lie.

Where are you based in?

Maybe Bangkok doesnt have it.

I confirmed that in Hat Yai, after stating your ID Card Number, you'll receive 300 baht for a session, and 500 baht per day if you decided to go to Bangkok.

I got a few friends who departed to Bangkok on the deal, free foods, free drinks, lots of gifts but you'd have to sleep on the streets though.

Lastly, it seems that the offer is limited to people are affiliated with the guards or knows anyone with some authority in PAD, my Mom didnt get any of such offers when she went to the mob area here.

Well we know a lot people from Koh Samui, Phuket, Pattaya, Nakhon SiThammarat. They usually pay together for the bus and if someone has no money he can come for free. Food and drinks are there for free for everyone, usually the vegetarien food from Chamlong or donated food. Many areas cook together and also sell for very low prices (their self costs, which are often nothing if everything is donated). Today my wife wanted to bring nudels but it didn't happen. But no need to sleep on the streets, everything is full of donated tends. So yes you can stay there without spending any money and for sure you get gifts. If someone looks poor for example my wife buys some toys for the kids....It is a nice each other loving community, but not a "rent a mob". We have a lot namecards from business owners there and my staff met some of our customer there and that are all people who are wealthy enough....

Why go to the full moon party. The party is here in Bangkok. Perhaps Khaosan backpackers should join it. They never miss any freebie. Free food and accommodation is all they are looking for. Free beer will really make their day. Haven't the PADs figured that out?

Opposition Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva, however, said after a second round of meetings with

his party's executive committee and members that the ongoing tensions the country is experiencing has

resulted from the government's decisions in dealing with, and mishandling, the situation.

Mr. Abhisit called for resolving the crisis through parliamentary channels. :D He affirmed that the Democrat Party "doesn't support a military coup", as it believes it is not a way out for the country.

TNA

Yours truly,

I think Abhisit is a nice, smart guy. But that is nonsense. When police is using violence, PAD is blocking the parliament. We have almost a civil war and Abhisit means we should speak about it next time when we meet. Maybe a compromise? Beating but not to strong, and cutting just 1 leg not two?

Perhaps someone should remind Mr handsome that the so call "Parliament" was blocked by the PADs. :(:D:P

:o:D :D AND that he did not want to enter the Parliament

ASTV is a sham.

I for one am happy someone somewhere grew a spine to get this yellow rent-a-mob back to their jobs, or whatever it is they normally do.

It would be really interesting to know who the power & money people are behind the PAD... Someone is paying each of them 500 baht a day to man the barricades...

Exactly. Keep repeating a lie over and over again and eventually people will believe it. I'd love to know where exactly the line is for the money at the PAD protests.

Seems like that's the extend to what ASTV can do as well.

I trust what I personally experience, I have no reason to lie it benefits me to none and doesnt have a merit for me, and I'm sure others had no reason to lie either, most are on neutral side.

It is simply a lie.

My wife says several people from a neighbouring village have just returned from several weeks paid protesting, the nearer the front the more you get paid. Money is kept under the rice containers!

They didn't want to get hurt and weren't really interested in the cause but the "money was too good to pass up"

I don't believe you.!

PAD suporters are assisted with a food and beverage provision - and other incidental expenditures can be accommodated by the movement -

What you're alleging - simply isn't true - no disrespect -

There is simply no way you can say it is not true with the number of people there. So from your experience there are people there who don't get paid but from other peoples' experience there are people there who are getting paid. It is likely that both are true. The result being some of the people there are being paid but not all.

Whether you believe or not is up to you, some people have different experiences from yourself. Just because you choose to believe it or not doesn't refute the statement.

You are correct - you're "never a gun expert". I just saw the police fire one on the BBC news. So it's not a shotgun, it's a tear-gas grenade gun.:rolleyes:

It's a tear-gas launcher? The shape is different from what I've seen on all Channels such as NBT, ThaiPBS, TV 3, TV 7, TV 9 and TV 5.

Are you sure it's a tear-gas launcher?

The one I saw had no wooden handle.

I was talking about the one in this picture, which was the picture immediately preceding your post:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/10/07/article-1070936-02EC75CF00000578-833_468x347_popup.jpg' alt='article-1070936-02EC75CF00000578-833_468x347_popup.jpg'>

Yes, other pictures show shotguns, but your post implied that you were talking about this tear gas launcher.

(That's my excuse, anyway)

Giles is fairly on the ball as usual although a bit generalised

Asia Sentinel

Has Panlop really fallen out with Chamlong this is the question. Do we see the manipulation of a factionalised army?

In fact I think we do and that is why the Democrats are hedging their bets. I have never seen a bigger collection of opportunists in my life.

If we see a factionalised army this could work in the govts favour and present an opportunity to clear the PAD. There is a side who may have woken up - its not the PAD or the PPP before anyone makes assumptions.

Excellent article! Highly recommended!

Right-wing mob riots outside parliament

Since late in the evening of October 6, the ultra right-wing mob that calls itself the People’s Alliance for Democracy has laid plans to lay siege to the Thai parliament.

They came prepared with iron bars and crash helmets.

Their plan, as always, was to create chaos in the hope that the military would stage a coup or that the ruling party would once again be dissolved by the courts.

Dude,

There is no way that the bottom weapon is a tear-gun launcher, the diameter is no where near large enough. A weapon in a picture above that looks similar but with a muzzle of a larger diameter is your tear gas launcher.

Also there is no need for a tear-gas launcher to have such a long muzzle because it is not necessary for them to be accurate.

You can do better than that jetsetbkk :D

Two protesters lose their leg in latest clash with police

Two anti-government protesters lost their leg during a fresh clash with police in front of Metropolitan Police Bureau on Tuesday evening.

The loss of the legs came as police threw home-made explosives onto the protesters.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...newsid=30085405

To think the police are to serve and protect by using home-made explosives. Sounds like terrorists to me. :o

I want to laugh. :D:D:D "Police use home-made explosives"? Common, which police is so free by making their own home-made bomb. Police used (over priced)factory made bomb bought by tax payer money. Maybe this only happens in Thailand. In the rest of the world, the PROTESTERS used home-made bomb.

For once, think for yourselves. Don't just listen to whatever thing they brain wash you with.

4. Probably Thai people who they usually extort money from. Pretty rare for them to extort money from foreigners. Hasn't happened to me in 10 years here. You must be unlucky or get yourself into stupid situations.

You must lead a sheltered life as I see the BiB playing this game every day I've been in Thailand...

Now as far as stupid, I was walking in Lumpini Park one afternoon minding my own business... A BiB approaches me and says he's going to fine me for littering... I look around and there is not a piece of litter in sight... I just look at him and smile, slip him 100 baht and all is right with the world...

Or riding a motosai, along with 1000 Thais in traffic... No one is wearing a helmet, including me... Who do you thing the BiB stop??? Why me of course... Another 200 baht "fine" and I'm on my way...

Don't preach to me in a condescending tone about being "stupid"... We ALL know how corrupt Thailand is, so don't even start...

You either live up country or under a rock if you are oblivious to this problem...

Edited by Maudib

Dude,

There is no way that the bottom weapon is a tear-gun launcher, the diameter is no where near large enough. A weapon in a picture above that looks similar but with a muzzle of a larger diameter is your tear gas launcher.

Also there is no need for a tear-gas launcher to have such a long muzzle because it is not necessary for them to be accurate.

Already explained above - he was talking about a different picture, not the one immediately preceding his post.

The posts are clearly coming in so thick and fast that if you are referencing any other post or picture, you'd better quote it so people know what you are talking about.

Two protesters lose their leg in latest clash with police

Two anti-government protesters lost their leg during a fresh clash with police in front of Metropolitan Police Bureau on Tuesday evening.

The loss of the legs came as police threw home-made explosives onto the protesters.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...newsid=30085405

To think the police are to serve and protect by using home-made explosives. Sounds like terrorists to me. :o

I want to laugh. :D:D:D "Police use home-made explosives"? Common, which police is so free by making their own home-made bomb. Police used (over priced)factory made bomb bought by tax payer money. Maybe this only happens in Thailand. In the rest of the world, the PROTESTERS used home-made bomb.

For once, think for yourselves. Don't just listen to whatever thing they brain wash you with.

I don't believe a thing the Nation prints... Everyone KNOWS they are pro-PAD... Why should this "bombs" issue be any different???

Protesters' injury toll rises to 381

BANGKOK: -- By 9 pm, the number of injured protesters grew to 381, the Erawan Emergency Centre of the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration announced.

It said 48 of them were admitted to hospitals and ten had to undergo operations.

-- The Nation 2008-10-07

Sorry I DO know guns and there is TWO teargas launcher

and SEVERAL real shot guns in those pictures.

These police are heavily armed and can take out a leg easily with double 00 buck.

With a 2-3" slug, it can take a knee right off.

This is not crowd control this is going to war at close range.

Edited by animatic

Has anyone seen any coverage of the current crisis on the ABC networks in the states?

Personally - I haven't seen anything to date.

I guess it's because GWB was here just a few months ago and the main stream media in the US are continuing to maintain the illusion that Thailand is a stable and democratically mature ally -

Some of the police are armed with shot-guns, a shot-gun blast aimed at the feet or legs would certainly cause the damage seen so far on pictures posted here.

I've been watching the news for the whole day through all the official channels, and I switched channel often, I dont see where the police had shotguns except for their Tear Gas Launchers.

unrest_aw107.jpg

r1440190081.jpg

Nice pictures! This should be wide-spread to all the citizens in the Kingdom.

Despite it being a shot-gun it could hold rubber bulletts.

i am no expert though.

The police have been adamantly denying all day that they fired ANY weapon beside tear gas... despite 200+ injured, 4 amputations, dozens seriously wounded, etc.

The PADs have been adamantly denying all weeks that they have ANY weapon beside golf clubs. So, where is the putting green?

Asia Sentinel

I wondered where that idiot has gone.

"The Democrats also used public funds to bail out the banks in the 1997 crisis."

The Democrats left the banks to tend for themselves and vehemently opposed plans to use public money to bail them out.

When TRT came to power it set up a special entity to buy bad debts from bancrupt companies, the amount spent was ten times the size of a village loan fund (loan, not even a give away!) they provided for the poor.

"Previously the Democrats boycotted the 2006 elections because they knew that the poor would not vote for their monetarist and neo-liberal policies.'

Yeah, right.

That "academic" needs psychiatric treatment for his communist paranoya. Apparently even his leftist pals have abandoned him.

>>>

I see the government is fighting the people. The way I grew up I'd immediately take people's side, and after having supported PAD for three years (has it been that long, really?), I can't for the life of me approve of what this sham of a government is doing.

Forget who is right and who is wrong. Any government that allows civil unrest to reach such proportions should immediately step down. I hope they'd do just that, instead of waiting for the army to step in again.

And the third option - eleminating PAD and enforcing national unity PPP style is out of the question. This will simply never happen. Real people power is not with PPP, despite their name.

The number of injured has risen dramatically...

Thai police fire tear gas against crowd; 358 hurt

BANGKOK, Thailand - Thai protesters seeking the government's resignation and changes in country's political system clashed violently Tuesday with police, who used tear gas to break through their blockade around Parliament.

More than 350 people were injured, mostly protesters, in the latest twist in a political crisis that has gripped Thailand for six weeks and virtually paralyzed the government.

"We did not use any weapon other than tear gas and shields to clear the path for parliamentarians to go into the building," said deputy Bangkok police chief Maj. Gen. Umnuey Nimmanno. "It is conventional practice in dispersing a crowd. We did not use disproportionate force."

A total of 358 people, mostly protesters, have been injured and 47 were hospitalized, announced the Erawan Medical Center, which coordinates emergency medical response.

- Associated Press / 17 minutes ago

4. Probably Thai people who they usually extort money from. Pretty rare for them to extort money from foreigners. Hasn't happened to me in 10 years here. You must be unlucky or get yourself into stupid situations.

You must lead a sheltered life as I see the BiB playing this game every day I've been in Thailand...

Now as far as stupid, I was walking in Lumpini Park one afternoon minding my own business... A BiB approaches me and says he's going to fine me for littering... I look around and there is not a piece of litter in sight... I just look at him and smile, slip him 100 baht and all is right with the world...

Or riding a motosai, along with 1000 Thais in traffic... No one is wearing a helmet, including me... Who do you thing the BiB stop??? Why me of course... Another 200 baht "fine" and I'm on my way...

Don't preach to me in a condescending tone about being "stupid"... We ALL know how corrupt Thailand is, so don't even start...

You either live up country or under a rock if you are oblivious to this problem...

I ride a motorcycle in Bangkok every single day and have mostly NOT been pulled over even when other people (Thais) have been, and in all three circumstances where I have been ticketed I was in the wrong and everyone doing the same thing got the same ticket. (once for using a motorcycle restricted bridge, once for turning from an improper lane, and once for not being in the far left lane.)

Once 2 police tried to get me for dropping a cigarette butt, but I took them to the ashtray and picked my butt out of the dead center where I put it. If you have different experiences you might ask yourself why :o

I do not doubt that there are instances of corruption, I just don't think farang are as singled out as people like you would have people believe.

Now ---- as far as your statement that EVERYone at the PAD rallies are paid, I know that to be untrue.

Asia Sentinel

I wondered where that idiot has gone.

"The Democrats also used public funds to bail out the banks in the 1997 crisis."

The Democrats left the banks to tend for themselves and vehemently opposed plans to use public money to bail them out.

When TRT came to power it set up a special entity to buy bad debts from bancrupt companies, the amount spent was ten times the size of a village loan fund (loan, not even a give away!) they provided for the poor.

"Previously the Democrats boycotted the 2006 elections because they knew that the poor would not vote for their monetarist and neo-liberal policies.'

Yeah, right.

That "academic" needs psychiatric treatment for his communist paranoya. Apparently even his leftist pals have abandoned him.

>>>

I see the government is fighting the people. The way I grew up I'd immediately take people's side, and after having supported PAD for three years (has it been that long, really?), I can't for the life of me approve of what this sham of a government is doing.

Forget who is right and who is wrong. Any government that allows civil unrest to reach such proportions should immediately step down. I hope they'd do just that, instead of waiting for the army to step in again.

And the third option - eleminating PAD and enforcing national unity PPP style is out of the question. This will simply never happen. Real people power is not with PPP, despite their name.

from the same article

The PPP and the previous Thai Rak Thai have consistently won large majorities in elections, proving that they are popular with the poor

Sorry but the PPP didn't even manage a simple majority much less a large majority, Even then their victory was hollow since they cheated :o PPP had to form a coalition government.

Edited by jdinasia

Dude,

Already explained above - he was talking about a different picture, not the one immediately preceding his post.

The posts are clearly coming in so thick and fast that if you are referencing any other post or picture, you'd better quote it so people know what you are talking about.

Whoopsy, my mistake.