Got A Non O In Penang

• 2 months later...

Update.

I received a single-entry non-O (90 days) from the Thai Consulate in Penang today.

Documents presented:

Passport and photo copy

2 passport photos

Original Thai Marriage Certificate and photo copy

Photocopies of wife's Thai ID card and house registration

Photocopies of Thai Birth Certificates and house registration for my both my children.

No bank book or letter was submitted.

I didn't submit a letter from my wife asking for approval of the visa, but it sounds like a good idea and I will most likely do so next trip round.

The agent I used was from the New Oasis Hotel (formerly Swiss Hotel).

Socializing with tourists on Chulia Street, it seems Banana Travel & Tour is perhaps the most popular agent for Thai visas now. Tourist visas are still a one day affair, Non-Imm is two days.

The agent did mention a new sign at the Thai Consulate asking all visitors to dress well or entry would be refused. He said this means people dressed in t-shirts, shorts and sandals or flip-flops will be refused entry for the visa application. This is a second-hand report, so hopefully some member can verify this new sign.

The agent did mention a new sign at the Thai Consulate asking all visitors to dress well or entry would be refused. He said this means people dressed in t-shirts, shorts and sandals or flip-flops will be refused entry for the visa application. This is a second-hand report, so hopefully some member can verify this new sign.

Meaning: the majority of the tourists found on Chulia Street. :o

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm new here and got some questions regarding Non-O at penang.

Is it possible to get a one year Non-O , multiple entries at Penang ?

I am married to Thai since 10 years , got children born here in Thailand.

usually I get my non-o 1 year without any problems in germany ( just want to see marriage certificate )

this year we are here and Thailand while my non-o expires and I don't want to go back to germany just to get a new visa.

Penang ok or KL better ?

I am not 50 yet and my wife got rental income here in T more than 40.ooo B

thank you

Rainer

Friend just obtained one year multiple entry visa in Penang for Ringit 550. Maximum stay at any one time is 90 days. Had to show his savings book and condo documents. The consulate seems a lot more relaxed than last year and indeed very helpful.

• 3 weeks later...

I think he must have showed more than just his condo and savings book details. Presumably he must have been married or seeking a retirement visa in which case he would have also showed the marriage certificate or income statements with the minimal amounts. These visas easy to get compared to a 1yr non-b for business purposes before the age of 50.

• 2 years later...

Just got back from Penang, and the kindly man at Banana café said I wouldn't be able to get a single-entry 2-month TR visa becaause I already had 3 entries this year in my passport... a double-entry and a single-entry, from Pmom Penh and Vientiane respectively. SO, be aware, everyone, that Penang won't issue you a visa if you have had 3 or more entries that year already,

Wondering about all the details for this Non-O from Penang as well... anyone?

^ hi

can you clarify if you also had 30 day extensions on those Tourist Visas ?

I was there in Feb this year, also used the Banana-man and I got another TV as I had used less then 60 days of the last one issued in PP and not had a 30 day extension on it.

I have read elsewhere on this forum that it is/was the TV extensions that were the issue in Penang

cheers