90 Days Report

I have a question about the 90 days report.

If not reported in time then we will have to pay penalty fees.

How much are the penalty fees for a 90 days period!

If not reported for a whole year, transfer to Bangkok Hilton or what! :o

Thanks in advance.

No transfer to the Hilton, just a fine. Usually 2000baht, 5000 baht maximum

See http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/do...gration_Act.pdf Section 37.5

Fines Section 76

Thanks astral!

The link you provided was very informative and helpful. :o

But how about the 200 Baht rule for each day.

The fine will be 2000-5000 Baht for a period of 3 months OR is it for a period of 1 year?

Also 200 Baht a day fine within the period, many Thai Baht for a missed year, isn’t it!

Thanks in advance.

All members who posted about having been fined for a late address report have paid 2,000 Baht only. The law states the minimum fine and the current policy of the immigration bureau is to impose a fine of 2,000 Bhat regardless of the length of overstay.

If a foreigner were unable or unwilling to pay the fine and the matter went to court then it would be up to the judge to impose a fine at his discretion within the maximum allowed by the law. If he were to use also the 200 Baht per day this is understood to refer to the period after the imposition of the fine until the the overstay comes to an end, which would usually be with the departure from Thailand.

--

Maestro

I did my visa last week (not the 90 day), and was informed that the grade period will soon be shortened so that you must notify your address from 7 days before up till the date it is due. So you can't be up to 7 days late now. This info was communicated to my Thai assistant taking care of my school's visas/wp's etc. I was later told it would not be enforced until November or so. This was Suan Plu. Can anyone confirm this or has been told something similar in the last week or two when they tried to report? I reported 3 weeks ago and was told nothing of the sort (this was another office though). Would be nice if this was clarified.

All members who posted about having been fined for a late address report have paid 2,000 Baht only. The law states the minimum fine and the current policy of the immigration bureau is to impose a fine of 2,000 Bhat regardless of the length of overstay.

If a foreigner were unable or unwilling to pay the fine and the matter went to court then it would be up to the judge to impose a fine at his discretion within the maximum allowed by the law. If he were to use also the 200 Baht per day this is understood to refer to the period after the imposition of the fine until the the overstay comes to an end, which would usually be with the departure from Thailand.

--

Maestro

Thanks Maestro, for clearing up the rules about 90 days report! :o

So it’s possible to overstay a year and pay 2000 Baht fine when departure from Thailand!

If went to court, pay the maximum fee and 200 Baht per day until departure from Thailand, right!

Just go to immigration and say you are very sorry for not reporting, make the report and pay the $2000 baht fine.

It is not hard to make the reports and you can even do it by mail. But you have to the above if already late.

Look at the following on the immigration website: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

For mail in reporting the 5 baht postage is now 10 baht. You can even down load the form just look at the top right corner and click on download.

Edited by ubonjoe

So it’s possible to overstay a year and pay 2000 Baht fine when departure from Thailand!

If went to court, pay the maximum fee and 200 Baht per day until departure from Thailand, right!

You're confusing late reporting with overstay. Overstay is 500 Baht/ day up to 20,000 Baht maximum.

I managed to be late for reporting by about 12 years when enforcement was pretty much non-existent. :o Did get caught out a few years ago when I did my annual visa extension for work. Paid 2000 Baht and a stamp in my passport. I now have a reminder program that let's me know when it's due.

Overstay and late reporting have nothing to do with each other as Tywais said!

If you have a visa valid for more than 90 days (non immigrant O/B etc) then you have to report your current address every 90 days. Failing to do that on time, gets you a fine of 2,000 baht up ...

If your visa is expired, you have to pay overstay counting from the data after the expiration date until you leave or get an extension. That's 500 baht per day with a max of 20,000 baht.

If you have overstayed for a year, you can just leave Thailand and pay 20,000 baht. Only if you get caught before you leave, you will have stare to the world through steel bars. Not in the Bangkok Hilton though,

but in the Suan Phlu Westin.

Edited by sniffdog

Im on a Non-immigrant visa and i have to register my address every 90 days etc, normally i carry out this procedure at Bangkok Immigration. When my next registration is due ill more than likely be outside Bangkok, probably in Krabi. Just wondered if it was possible to go through the registration procedure at immigration in Muang Krabi? It doesnt necessarily have to be in Bangkok every time, right? And i dont have any time to go to Bangkok Immigration before i leave for the south of Thailand....Thanks for any help

You're confusing late reporting with overstay. Overstay is 500 Baht/ day up to 20,000 Baht maximum.

I managed to be late for reporting by about 12 years when enforcement was pretty much non-existent. :o Did get caught out a few years ago when I did my annual visa extension for work. Paid 2000 Baht and a stamp in my passport. I now have a reminder program that let's me know when it's due.

Thanks Tywais!

No I don't confusing late reporting with overstay, just a typo on my keyboard!

90 days report

So it’s possible to not report for a year and pay 2000 Baht fine when departure from Thailand!

or visiting Imm, Soi Suan Phlu!

I think I understand the rules more cleary now, thanks everyone. :D

From note at end of 90 day report. Link given in previous post.

If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.

...So it’s possible to not report for a year and pay 2000 Baht fine when departure from Thailand!

or visiting Imm, Soi Suan Phlu!...

So far no fine for overdue 90-day address report when leaving Thailand.

--

Maestro

From note at end of 90 day report. Link given in previous post.

If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.

Thanks ubonjoe!

90 days report. I've reading your previous post.

2000 Baht a year and if arrestd a fine of 4000 Baht per year.

But how about prison for a late report of 90 days, (1 year of not reporting) true or not! :o

...So it’s possible to not report for a year and pay 2000 Baht fine when departure from Thailand!

or visiting Imm, Soi Suan Phlu!...

So far no fine for overdue 90-day address report when leaving Thailand.

--

Maestro

Thanks again Maestro for the info. :o

I did my visa last week (not the 90 day), and was informed that the grade period will soon be shortened so that you must notify your address from 7 days before up till the date it is due. So you can't be up to 7 days late now.

I did my 90 day report at Chiang Mai and asked about this. The officer said he hadn't heard about it. The only change from last time was the requirement to produce copies of the pages in the passport.

Mind you, just because the officer was not told of any change does not mean that it will not happen. TIT

Edited by delboy

I follow the rules and do my 90 day reporting and have even been able to skip it when I left the country on the 96th day BUT I have never had outbound immigration check the little piece of paper which is what Immigration attaches to my passport when I do my 90 day reporting. I have had many people check my visa for validity but have never had anyone check my 90 day reporting "paper". Since nothing is stamped in my passport regarding the 90 day compliance I really wonder how they will know whether or not you comply ?

Maybe next time leaving I will remove that piece of paper and see what happens. If they ask for it I can always "find" it in my passport holder.

I think the OP has not made his 90 day reports or does not want to. And is trying to skirt the rules. He is also getting ready to leave and is just worried he will be caught up when he leaves.

I just can not understand why some people are so against making the 90 day reports. Its so easy and even can be done by mail.

I think the OP has not made his 90 day reports or does not want to. And is trying to skirt the rules. He is also getting ready to leave and is just worried he will be caught upubonjoe when he leaves.

I just can not understand why some people are so against making the 90 day reports. Its so easy and even can be done by mail.

Thanks ubonjoe!

No I’m not trying to escape Thailand because of the 90 days report. I’ve lived here for 5 years now and never ever done the stupid 90 days.

When I did my last extension of stay based on married to Thai woman, Imm told me to report every 90 days from now on.

I can’t understand why someone who stay at present address for many years and live with a wife and children must report every 90 days.

Okay, if you are a tourist or something, report of cause...

I just want to know if possible to skip the report for a year and pay the fine at Imm or when flying out from Thailand for a holiday without BH thing...

I will pay the fee whatever they ask for not reporting 90 days because of these stupid rules they set up.

Any government doing this in US or EU! I don’t think so!

Thanks to everyone again. :o

Today at lunchtime I realized that my 90 day reporting was overdue with 3 days. Rushed to Suan Plu. I did not have my paper with me (the piece of the TM 47 form that they give you). Since they did not stamped the usual "notice" note in the passport I assumed that they would have the data on the computer. But no, staff with stonecold faces told me to go to room 206 to pay fine (2000 baht). Instead I went home to get the paper. Came back 10 minutes before closing. Ultrafast processing (3 minutes in all). When I asked (same staff) about the fine because of the overdue they just smiled and said: "Mai pen rai. Free this time".

Edited by Hawkup2000

Ahh ok, but I feel did not rush for nothing. By finding that paper I feel like I have won 2000 baht :D. I was so happy I tipped the motodriver (who drived like bankrobber on the run in the rain) a case of beer Leo. So lets not get me out of mood :o.

• 4 weeks later...
I did my visa last week (not the 90 day), and was informed that the grade period will soon be shortened so that you must notify your address from 7 days before up till the date it is due. So you can't be up to 7 days late now.

I did my 90 day report at Chiang Mai and asked about this. The officer said he hadn't heard about it. The only change from last time was the requirement to produce copies of the pages in the passport.

Mind you, just because the officer was not told of any change does not mean that it will not happen. TIT

What pages need to be copied? I did a search for that topic but the original thread did not come up.

Edited by T_Dog