Proffessional Dyno For Bikes In Bangkok

thaicbr

Does anybody know of a dyno company that knows how to work with bikes both small and large in Bangkok.

i want a company that loves bikes not just snobby on big bikes. cos i have a few ideas for my cbr150 but it really needs to be dynoed for best effect.

allan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Allan,

I dug into it a while ago and the only one I found which I heard was very good is here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Dyno-Station...ke-t208488.html

All details are there, I tried to contact them but one phone was disconnected and the other one I could not reach anyone. You can try and see if you can get hold of them, if you do let me know so I can use them to map the powercommander when I get it.

Cheers Bard

Yes Bard i found that one as well but they have either moved or gone out of business, which i dont think as they are still selling tsukigi exhausts.

because i returned my broken cbr150 tsukigi exhaust i got the wholesalers number. once i have my new exhaust i will phone and thank him and also ask this question. he also does other mufflers etc maybe gotta go see him.

also been told that 'Dynamic Motors' has a dyno, can any one confirm.

allan

ok with a bit of research answered my own question.... LEKCDI have a dyno at the factory in samat sakorn.

cbr150 stage 1 cdi 2,500baht, 2 runs on the dyno 1,000baht and then not sure how much for additional runs.

will dyno other bikes but may be more expensive if you don't buy any products.

Allan

DOTCOM not sure how to save a map and paste it sorry. but if you google lek cdi thailand should find it. she did say by appointment only. i have pm'ed you the shop managers number.

Any way I could get the same PM? I'd be interested in dyno'ing my bikes.

Also, you'll probably need a scanner (think internet shop) and save that to your thumbdrive or if you're going to use an internet shop have them email it to your account. Save that attachment to your Desktop, then Upload it to ThaiVisa!

Good info, Thanks Dave.

Would be good if we could go there together so we could baseline yours as stock vs mine with Area-P, if you upgrade as well we could maybe convince Tony to come with us to use his as stock baseline. Then save that graph and reuse it when the Powercommander arrives, I will need to map it properly then and see the end result. Found pod filters as well but I will wait for the powercommander so I can map it better.

Cheers Bard

Good info, Thanks Dave.

Would be good if we could go there together so we could baseline yours as stock vs mine with Area-P, if you upgrade as well we could maybe convince Tony to come with us to use his as stock baseline. Then save that graph and reuse it when the Powercommander arrives, I will need to map it properly then and see the end result. Found pod filters as well but I will wait for the powercommander so I can map it better.

Cheers Bard

It won't be an exact baseline due to the differences between the bikes, but it should be close. Since we both have green bikes, and everyone knows that green Kawasakis are faster :o , not everyone can compare their results to ours.

I'm assuming that Tony is BigBikeBKK.

Everyone knows that green Kawasakis are faster :D , not everyone can compare their results to ours.

I'm assuming that Tony is BigBikeBKK.

Ha ha ha!!! Classic! boff.gif

You guys know WAY more about the technical aspects of your bikes, but I'd love to learn more, so let me know when you go and I'll join you for sure. Peace Up and Party On! :o

You guys know WAY more about the technical aspects of your bikes, but I'd love to learn more, so let me know when you go and I'll join you for sure. Peace Up and Party On! :D

I have limited mechanical knowledge (the adage the more you learn the more you realise the less you know is sooo true!), and I haven't even seen the new model Ninja. hel_l, I haven't seen a Ninja since the late 90's.

Seeing as how I get into town on 18 November, and I'll probably jet up to Nakhon Sawan to get the bike, switch the GPS over, make sure all the riding gear is in order, etc. Since it will have been some 4 1/2 months since I've seen the wife, there's most likely going to be some other business attended to as well. :o

Plan was to leave out afternoon of the 19th, and crash in Bangkok that night. Since I won't have anything else to do, if everyone wanted to head over to Lek CDI on the 20th, I'd be game. 21st is the date for the Iron Butt ride, so it seems that everything is clicking together rather nicely.

I'd be up for a ride over there when you go.

You're more than welcome to come along; perhaps the more we get going the better chance of a group discount. :D Wow, I just had an epiphany, that little girl who could not sell me chewing gum was right, I AM CHEAP CHARLEY NUMBER ONE!

And dotcom, why haven't you signed up for the Iron Butt ride?

Dave dont forget you have to book the dyno at LEKCDI. proberly scare the living daylights out of them...lol

allan

So the 20th is ok with everyone? Perhaps Allan can give them a call and set it up?

I am supposed to be off then, but take in consideration that things change fast in my job. So I am in unless something crashes down on me from work.

Bard

Monday the 20th it is- Please let me know what time so I can clear my schedule for a few hours and I'll look forward to seeing you there!

I'll be easy to spot- just look for the Farang on the stock Black Ninja :o

Kawasaki-Ninja-250R-1.jpg

You're looking a month early. Both Bard and I are out of the country. What I had proposed was the 20th November (a Thursday), or the day before the ride up to Chiang Mai.

I'm used to working 2300-1100 (Bangkok time), so I should just about be adapted to a 'real' (0600-2200) schedule by the 20th. I recommend that we go as early as possible, but try and avoid the morning traffic. Say around 1000. That will help our numbers, since the air should be a bit cooler, leading to denser air charge and more power.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to get together at a predetermined point before then, that way nobody gets lost on their trip there. I will be easy to recognise, look for the crazy Westerner in all black riding gear, with the exception of the blue jeans (but my underoos will be black, will that count?) on a stock green Ninja.

Bard, stay out from underneath items! Also, I sooo understand about things changing. I have to fight tooth and nail to ensure that my plans remain constant; for instance I should be in Thailand right now celebrating the wife's birthday. Obivously that didn't happen. Also, if I recall correctly, you live down in Chonburi. Were you planning on driving up to Bangkok on the 20th? Or if you're planning on staying overnight in Bangkok (19th to the 20th), I know a clean cheap place with cold air conditioning and hot showers. Plenty of pool halls and karaoke bars in the area.

LOL- so I'm off by a month, eh? :D

Ok - November it is! And any well behaved riders that need a place to stay in BKK is welcome to crash at my place :D

Happy trails! :D

So you'd be up to my 9 month old daughter sleeping at your pad while me and the missus spend some quality time? :o

I live down in Rayong so I will come up the 19th to be able to be there early in the morning. Hotel or maybe crash in Tony's place... Let's see is the hotel far from the dyno station? Some beers the day before would definately not hurt me...

The job I will go on back home in Thailand is hairthin to be completed for me to participate, it is supposed to be completed the 17th however it's already delay on it so I am very uncertain unfortunately of the situation. Worst comes to play I will have to go at a later date and we can compare the results, but I cross my fingers to be there.

Cheers Bard

For those interested, I used the values of 33 BHP and a wet weight of 375 lbs for the Ninja to arrive at the following estimated values for a 1/4 mile run. E.T. should be 13.1 seconds (14.8 with 75 kilo rider) and trap speed should be 104.08 MPH (167.50 km/h) (92.17/148.3 with the previous stipulation).

If you're interested in the formulas, here's what I used (I used the quoted wet weight of the American Ninja since I'm a lazy bastard who didn't want to google the wet weight of the international version which I would suspect to be slightly greater:

Trap_Speed=234(Horsepower/Weight)1/3

E.T.=((Weight)1/3(5.825))/(Horsepower)1/3

**Note I'm not trying to be pissy, it's just I was bored and tired of watching the clock so I designed the following thought experiment**

I also ran the numbers for my beloved CBR 150 and got an E.T. of 14.2 and a trap speed of 95.90 MPH (154.34 km/h). Acquits itself pretty well, at least on paper, only giving up 1.1 seconds and 8.9 MPH (13.16 km/h). However, you add in the weight of a typical 75 kilo rider (hmm, haven't been typical sized myself since high school) and the gap gets pretty bad. Ninja dispatches the 1/4 mile 2.1 seconds faster and traps 11.3 MPH (18.2 km/h) faster.......

AND THEN ride mine hehehhehehehehe.

It's fun to have the bugger back again. topped out at 170 down highway 303 to nakhom pathom. I might gear it down a bit on the back sprocket its got 14/48 520 conversion on at the moment but might take it down to 46 rear.

Don't forget no fairing on this baby its streetfightered.

Dave you getting that cbr250 you saw, if not can you PM the details to me.

i was looking at a non running mc19 in a big bike shop. the thing was sat between 2 other bikes, been sat there about 2years with out moving.

So i say how much, he says not sell, i say why, he says engine no good so i say i buy for spares so he says ok 35,000 baht............... the <deleted>**er could still hear me laughing when i was 3 soi's away. the idiot. :o