Totally Frustrated With Stupid People

prakhonchai nick

On another thread on this forum I asked for info on car air conditioner repairers. Today I went to Buriram to a workshop kindly recommended by a contributor.

The air con system was checked over and declared to be 100%. It was not, and I said so. After half hour it was no longer cold, and not particularly cold anytime. But NO I was wrong. It was 100% OK.

I had previously taken it to Toyota, and they had given me an expensive estimate of replacement parts necessary. But today - NO it was 100% OK, and no work was required. Now how can you argue with a so called air con expert?

Then arrived home and decided to tackle the TOT IPSTAR people in Buriram who supply my Broadband connection. From 8am to 6pm every weekday it is virtually impossible to get any website to open. Other times it is perfect. Perhaps the system is overloaded, or maybe the dish is out of alignment. So my daughter rang them, and explained fully the problem. Response. That is not a problem. We can only check when you have a problem! And besides we don't have any engineers!

So today I have 2 problems. And both are not problems, or so the so called experts say!

Just hope the wife doesn't decide to make it 3. But then they never make problems - it is always us farangs that make them!

What crazy people.

More than once i have come away from a company after trying to explain a problem i was told i dont have !.. :o .im sure that these and other factors contribute to the amount of us with some sort of mental illness, in other words its driven me ,and many others mad ! :D ..

More than once i have come away from a company after trying to explain a problem i was told i dont have !.. :o .im sure that these and other factors contribute to the amount of us with some sort of mental illness, in other words its driven me ,and many others mad ! :D ..

dont worry it will be cold soon

But then they never make problems - it is always us farangs that make them!

What crazy people.

The problem with Thais is they don't complain. If they do they will accept any explanation given, right or wrong. We think logically where as Thai don't. Your right PN "What crazy people".

The solution is really very simple.

Take it to the Toyota dealer, insist that they repair it, pay them & go home. Problem solved.

Or you can come on here & whinge & whine.

This is a discussion forum. I don't think PN came on here to winge or whine. I think he came on to open a thread for discussion. Or am I wrong ?

Mate, the internet (when you have it :o is your best friend in Thailand. Never, ever leave a situation to common sense or tradesmans skills. Get on the web, research what you want...drive it into the missus until she understands what you are on about and then head off for service.

For instance, not much can go wrong with a car aircon that a regas wont fix providing drive belts and air con pump seem to be ok..dont ask them to check/diagnose..just tell them to regas..its cheap and 90% of the time fixes the problem...if it won't gas up it has a leak and needs an o-ring replacement somewhere.

Same with your internet accesss, surely you have checked the forums and asked advise, but have you followed up? Probably not and you are still complaining...get informed and get active

My 2 cents worth

Khun Andy

We all have time on our hands and most of us are resourceful so use yer noggin' and start being a smart arse farang who knows what he wants

Edited by khunandy

It may be frustrating for many farangs that our problems are no ploblems to the locals. :D

On the other hand it's a "fact" that many Thais regards farangs as being stupid. :o

It is also worth mentioning that these "frustrating" incidents often makes good topics, which turn humorous when different posters have their say. :(

So that means................... :D ...........Life is good......no :D:D

Then arrived home and decided to tackle the TOT IPSTAR people in Buriram who supply my Broadband connection. From 8am to 6pm every weekday it is virtually impossible to get any website to open. Other times it is perfect. Perhaps the system is overloaded, or maybe the dish is out of alignment. So my daughter rang them, and explained fully the problem. Response. That is not a problem. We can only check when you have a problem! And besides we don't have any engineers!

So today I have 2 problems. And both are not problems, or so the so called experts say!

Just hope the wife doesn't decide to make it 3. But then they never make problems - it is always us farangs that make them!

What crazy people.

For what its worth my internet was knackered today also!!!!!normally ok

For what its worth my internet was knackered today also!!!!!normally ok

For what it's worth my connection today has been running at the same speed as treacle in a blizzard..... but it has been running.

Nick ... I will reply to your PM, but 2 points first in open forum.

1. Air-con in car ..... take it to a service agent or reputable repair shop, ask one of their representatives to sit in the car with the engine running and the air-con turned up full (do this while the car is not sitting in the shade with the windows shut, wait 10 minutes and then say 'maybe have problem') .... you have a leaky pipe.... easy problem to fix.... just slightly less easy than saying 'no problem'

2. What mobile phone do you have?

If you take your car to get the A/C sorted see if they use a set of pressuse/vacuum gauges. If they even have a set they should know what they are doing. You can't do much if you don't know what the H.P and L.P. are. Probable there is a leak and no gas. Chances are they stick some gas in and

it runs OK for a few hours before it pisses out and you are back to square one. :o

The solution is really very simple.

Take it to the Toyota dealer, insist that they repair it, pay them & go home. Problem solved.

Or you can come on here & whinge & whine.

This is a discussion forum. I don't think PN came on here to winge or whine. I think he came on to open a thread for discussion. Or am I wrong ?

I don't think you are wrong either. It was a worthwhile observation of Thais either telling you what they think you want to hear or, just being too lazy to do something about it. Probably the former as I have found most to be very helpful - especially if there are a few Baht at the end of it :o

Sounds like dotcom was unnecessarily whinging

Advise on IPstar. I often get drop outs when storms are around or for no apparent reason. When this happens if it doesn't come back quickly turn off IP star box wait a bit and turn it back on. You will get a cable disconnected on your network connection icon. When you turn box back on if this doesn't clear double click on icon and then click ok this will reset cable disconnected.

Take a look to see if any trees or bamboo has grown up blocking your signal.

You can also call Bangkok support number (02-2637171) and talk to them. Ask them to email you the interface software (UGAT GUI) plus instructions in english. With that software you can check signal strength and etc. If you have some tools you can also tweak the dish to get a better signal using the software.

Air con problem sounds like a leak. Drive around and look for a large shop that does both home/commercial air conditioning and vehicles. If you were in Ubon I could tell you where to go.

I know its frustrating but TIT.

Edited by ubonjoe

dont worry it will be cold soon

You too eh :D

Back in February I had an aircon problem I thought with my Toyota pickup. There was water on the passenger side mat coming from under the dash when I went around corners so it appears to be some kind of aircon leak. I went to the new Toyota garage in Ubon off the chayangkul rd and they re-gassed the aircon for me at no charge. Never had a problem since. If I had taken the car to a back street garage they would have found work for themselves by makiing a problem out of nothing in order to squeeze some baht out of me. I was pleasently suprised with the Toyota dealership and their atttitude to looking after customers. The point is that it is false economy to think sometimes that the smaller guy with a breakers yard up an alley or mechanic shop off the street is any cheaper than the main dealer. For me it was a lesson learned as the same happened with my father-in-law's Nissan when they re-charged his aircon after a service and decided to throw that in for nothing. The main dealerships are very helpful and have well trained staff but most think they are too expensive to use for minor mechanical problems or repairs.

Regarding CrapStar...

I went down the complain to TOT route early this year. Waste of time.

To cut a long story short, after working my way up the ranks the answer to the fact the I was getting 33% of the DL speed I should be getting was to pay more for the faster package :D

After more complaining they admitted that they knew the speeds were rubbish, nothing can (or won't) be done about it, especially at their level, and if I wasn't happy I should cancel and they would collect the equipment. They also pointed out that Thailand is not the same as Europe, the same standards cannot be reached.. ahem :o

This is TOT's idea of customer service. It wouldn't be so bad if they offered a discount ! :D

My advice is to save yourself the stress and accept CrapStar as it is and get on with life, or if you can, change to a different provider.

Totster :D

I rent a new Toyota Vios and the first month I had it I thought I had an AC problem so I took it back to the rental place. The AC was cold for the first hour or so driving but as time went on it wasn't blowing out cold air. The service man at the rental place had informed me that I shouldn't turn the temp control all the way up. I found out that this will freeze the AC line and not allow cold air flow. He adjusted the temp control just a little past halfway and I have been driving this same car for over 10 months now and it gets as cold as I need to be and sometimes colder. I believe (but not being an auto AC expert) that since these vehicles in LOS don't have a heating coil (i.e. no heater in the car) the AC line can freeze up when it gets too cold and has no way to defrost until it sits awhile after being turned off.

Back in February I had an aircon problem I thought with my Toyota pickup. There was water on the passenger side mat coming from under the dash when I went around corners so it appears to be some kind of aircon leak. I went to the new Toyota garage in Ubon off the chayangkul rd and they re-gassed the aircon for me at no charge. Never had a problem since. If I had taken the car to a back street garage they would have found work for themselves by makiing a problem out of nothing in order to squeeze some baht out of me. I was pleasently suprised with the Toyota dealership and their atttitude to looking after customers. The point is that it is false economy to think sometimes that the smaller guy with a breakers yard up an alley or mechanic shop off the street is any cheaper than the main dealer. For me it was a lesson learned as the same happened with my father-in-law's Nissan when they re-charged his aircon after a service and decided to throw that in for nothing. The main dealerships are very helpful and have well trained staff but most think they are too expensive to use for minor mechanical problems or repairs.

You make a valid point re going to Toyota. I went to the Buriram Toyota outlet for a brake check and the air con problems. Ended up with new brake pads, and a list of the aircon problems. I did not request a car valet wash and wax, but they did that and charged me for it!

What I wanted to do was get the same air con work done by a small trader, using the same parts, at a hopefully considerably cheaper price.

But lo and behold, instead of looking for work they repeatedly told me there was nothing wrong with the air con. Now I must decide what to do next.

Regarding CrapStar...

I went down the complain to TOT route early this year. Waste of time.

My advice is to save yourself the stress and accept CrapStar as it is and get on with life, or if you can, change to a different provider.

Totster :o

I think your advice is correct. Thanks Am currently looking into EDGE as an alternative, but reports from users vary widely. Will persevere with CrapStar for the time being

On another thread on this forum I asked for info on car air conditioner repairers. Today I went to Buriram to a workshop kindly recommended by a contributor.

The air con system was checked over and declared to be 100%. It was not, and I said so. After half hour it was no longer cold, and not particularly cold anytime. But NO I was wrong. It was 100% OK.

I had previously taken it to Toyota, and they had given me an expensive estimate of replacement parts necessary. But today - NO it was 100% OK, and no work was required. Now how can you argue with a so called air con expert?

What crazy people.

Give it up and come Home me old mucker.

You make a valid point re going to Toyota. I went to the Buriram Toyota outlet for a brake check and the air con problems. Ended up with new brake pads, and a list of the aircon problems. I did not request a car valet wash and wax, but they did that and charged me for it!

What I wanted to do was get the same air con work done by a small trader, using the same parts, at a hopefully considerably cheaper price.

But lo and behold, instead of looking for work they repeatedly told me there was nothing wrong with the air con. Now I must decide what to do next.

Well, sounds like you need to head over to the Toyota garage in Ubon off the chayangkul rd.

Valid points taught thanks guys something free from Toyota dealer, paying for a carwash that wasn’t requested.

Cheers C-sip

Well, sounds like you need to head over to the Toyota garage in Ubon off the chayangkul rd.

Valid points taught thanks guys something free from Toyota dealer, paying for a carwash that wasn’t requested.

Cheers C-sip

Toyota Ubon have offered me "cleaning" many times. :o

In the beginning I declined, before they thoroughly explained to me that they meant cleaning the car, both exterior and interior - free of charge! :D

Did you stay while it was fixed? If not then it was probably the same problem I had. I stayed and took pics http://meekings.selfip.com/toyota-ac . What it turned out to be was the whole system had grown mold and that cloged up the AC drain and blocked the AC rad. And as you will see it took major surgery to fix.

If not then it was probably the same problem I had. I stayed and took pics http://meekings.selfip.com/toyota-ac . What it turned out to be was the whole system had grown mold and that cloged up the AC drain and blocked the AC rad. And as you will see it took major surgery to fix.
Do the dealers service the A/C as per the usual service, or is it an extra ?

All car/truck heating/cooling systems have an intake filter, you can imagine what dust and moisture do to these, get them to check this intake filter on a regular service or check yourself, or you will have the same problem within days.

Hope this helps, Lickey.