Dulwich School On Samui?

OliG

I have been looking for a school for my two sons on Samui but I am having problems finding a good one. I have heard about Dulwich school in Bophut but a few parents have told me that they do not have qualified staff. Does anyone know if this is true and if it is as good as the Phuket school or does anyone know the teachers well.

I am just concerned that I will be getting a second rate education for my sons, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

OLIG

I have two very small children so it is not a direct problem for me now, but i have two neighbours with children in the age 10-14.

They tried St. Johns school. Wasn't any good. Expensive and bad education by unqualified staff. As they could not find a decent "international" bilingual school their children are now in a government school. No english but at least the education in Thai is given by qualified people.

There seems to be no good "international" quality school on Samui.

At least that is what i heard.

Thanks Khun Jean but I am trying to find more about the level of education at the Dulwich school in samui as the Phuket school has a very high standard. I would like to think that the name is not the only similarity.

I find it amazing that with so many English speakers on the island that there are no good english speaking schools here. As with yourself my sons are not yet ready for schooling but I am running out of time to find one. If anyone has any info what so ever regarding the Dulwich school in samui please could you let me know asap.

once again thankyou for you help Khun Jean.

OLIG

Ok so perhaps no one knows, or does but doesn't want to say.

Just to let anyone who is thinking of sending there child to the samui Dulwich school, this is what I have found out.

NONE of the teachers at present are qualified, unless hairdressing counts.

This to me is completely unaceptable for a school using the Dulwich name. I for one will be thinking of either setting up my own school to teach my children or send them to a school in Bangkok.

Why doesn't anyone on Samui understand the importance of education? Maybe they just don't care or just don't understand.

Thanks for the input, did think someone out there would be able to give more advice on this.

If anyone is interested in setting up a good quality school on Samui then let me know.

OLIG

OliG, I remember seeing a stall set up in Tesco advertising the soon coming Dulwich Samui school last year. I recall reading in their leaflet that they were affiliated with Dulwich College in the UK (Not sure but this is what I thought I read) If this is the case then I suggest writing to the Dulwich College in London & telling them that their affiliate is providing a poor standard of teaching, they might be interested to know?

Just a thought.

Regards

Boo

That's the story that I heard as well, about Dulwich having non qualified staff.

They ask however the same price as in Phuket!!

The situation in Samui is not good, and something should change soon.

I've got a small child as well and hope that things will have changed for the better in the near future.

I have been looking for a school for my two sons on Samui but I am having problems finding a good one. I have heard about Dulwich school in Bophut but a few parents have told me that they do not have qualified staff. Does anyone know if this is true and if it is as good as the Phuket school or does anyone know the teachers well.

I am just concerned that I will be getting a second rate education for my sons, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

OLIG

Thanks in advance.

OLIG

Dont waste your time with schools on Samui as they are crap, a groupe of parents set up a school of there own only to be let down by the teachers, my friend has moved to Puket now and is very happy with the new school....you can call him for any info.....his name is Barry.078874041 11am is a good time to call. good luck Andy wood