Where Can I Buy Oxytetracycline?

Enjibenji

Just wondering where I can buy oxytetracycline for my skin in bangkok?

Is it available at all pharmacies or only some?

Help appreciated

thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxytetracycline

Looks like it's also sold under the trade name Terramycin, and doxycycline is derived from it.

I found that some antibiotics are simply not available in TH because they don't manufacture them locally. I guess that's what happens when a country throws out drug patents and goes its own way; the local stuff is so much cheaper that the pharmacies won't bother to import specific drugs when there's a locally-produced similar one.

Anyway, you might talk to a doctor and see if you can substitute doxycycline. It's cheap and widely available in TH. Do check first, though.

Try at Chula Pharmacy (across the street from MBK) and at the pharmacy at King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital (the Chula Pharmacy will probably be able to tell you if ANYONE in Thailand carries it -- it is located across from MBK near Siam Sq)

They are quite helpful there, I have taken several friends there to get medicine and I get my only Rx filled there about once a year (or at Chula Hosp)

I don't know why the difficulty as it is locally made and widely available.

local brand names:

(oral form)

Oxycline

Oxytetracucline Asian Union Cap

Oxytetracycline HCL Chew Borthers Cap

now if it is a powder that you want, the brand name is :

Oxycide powder

And as an ointment there are several terramycin preparations

I can't imagine what happened at Bumrungrad but they do have it. As does every pharmacy of any signifciant size.

bangkok hospital don't have it either, just in injectable form, but i need in pil form.

i have a few boxes of it in my house back home in UK - is there any way i could send them to here without customs stopping it? i know i can get forms etc, but that's too much work now.

Go to Villa Market Sukhumvit Soi 33. The pharmacist there can special order you oxytetracycline. If it is sold in Thailand she can get it.

O-Tetra® [tab]

P P Lab

MIMS Class : Tetracyclines

Contents Oxytetracycline HCl

Form: tablet 250 mg

[Manufacturer] P P Lab

[Distributor] P P Lab

Source MIMS Thailand

Go to Villa Market Sukhumvit Soi 33. The pharmacist there can special order you oxytetracycline. If it is sold in Thailand she can get it.

O-Tetra® [tab]

P P Lab

MIMS Class : Tetracyclines

Contents Oxytetracycline HCl

Form: tablet 250 mg

[Manufacturer] P P Lab

[Distributor] P P Lab

Source MIMS Thailand

i'll be there later today

thanks a bunch :o