Extension Under Consideration

Non-Imm "O", Support Thai Wife and Kis, Five years Extensions already, I applied for a Sixth 12 month Extension back in September, without realizing that the date I must contact the regional office in person to hear the answer. The date given is 2 days after my departure date in November, for a week in England!

The reason for this is that after Suan Plu refused to accept this years application and re-directed me to a regional office, I had not anticipated the 2 month consideration period. Always before, Suan Plu had managed it in 30 Days. When I saw the date given to receive my answer I was dismayed to see that it was going to land on the date after my departure date.

I had bought my ticket before I knew anything about this new 60 day consideration period or the necessity for two complete sets of Application Documents (One for the regional office and one to be sent to Suan Plu. I cannot change my Airline Ticket.

Is there any special room in Suan Plu who could possibly rectify this error.

Having never applied in a regional office before , I had never expected this clash of dated to occur. On the contrary, I applied exactly 30 days before my last extension expired. Hoping to clear the new Extension in time to pick it up in person and have enough time to apply for a Re-Entry Permit all in good time before my week long trip and so Re-Enter on my new extension, though now I will not be here to pick it up.

Who can advise on this conundrum.

Contact the office you ended up applying at and explain the situation to them. More than likely your visa will be ready before the date they gave you. Last year I was able to get mine after about 3 weeks.

May I ask, who gave you 60 days? Was it Bangkok, or the office they sent you to?

Non-Imm "O", Support Thai Wife and Kis, Five years Extensions already, I applied for a Sixth 12 month Extension back in September, without realizing that the date I must contact the regional office in person to hear the answer. The date given is 2 days after my departure date in November, for a week in England!The reason for this is that after Suan Plu refused to accept this years application and re-directed me to a regional office, I had not anticipated the 2 month consideration period. Always before, Suan Plu had managed it in 30 Days. When I saw the date given to receive my answer I was dismayed to see that it was going to land on the date after my departure date.I had bought my ticket before I knew anything about this new 60 day consideration period or the necessity for two complete sets of Application Documents (One for the regional office and one to be sent to Suan Plu. I cannot change my Airline Ticket.Is there any special room in Suan Plu who could possibly rectify this error.Having never applied in a regional office before , I had never expected this clash of dated to occur. On the contrary, I applied exactly 30 days before my last extension expired. Hoping to clear the new Extension in time to pick it up in person and have enough time to apply for a Re-Entry Permit all in good time before my week long trip and so Re-Enter on my new extension, though now I will not be here to pick it up.

Who can advise on this conundrum.

You say you re-applied at a regional office. That is where you have to start. Go to them and explain the situation (take wife along to help). They should be able to check the status of your application with the office they sent it to and possibly get it expedited. If your approval comes back earlier than the date stamped in your passport that office can still get your extension done. If all else fails try and get a re-entry permit that would take care of problem.

Contact the office you ended up applying at and explain the situation to them. More than likely your visa will be ready before the date they gave you. Last year I was able to get mine after about 3 weeks.

May I ask, who gave you 60 days? Was it Bangkok, or the office they sent you to?

Yes, the regional office, because they do not process the application, they only send it on to Bangkok anyway whcih they now expect a 60 Day turnover hence the new 2 month regional waiting period. Fiirst thing the regional officer said to my wife who accompanied me was"Why didn't you do it Suan Plu?" September.

You say you re-applied at a regional office. That is where you have to start. Go to them and explain the situation (take wife along to help). They should be able to check the status of your application with the office they sent it to and possibly get it expedited. If your approval comes back earlier than the date stamped in your passport that office can still get your extension done. If all else fails try and get a re-entry permit that would take care of problem.

I asked about a Re-Entry permit there last week when I did a 90 Day report. One of the more serious officers remarked go to Laos and get a new Visa when you come back. No Re-Entry permit can be issued on a passport with no Visa Extension currently up to date and valid with this regional office.

They don't all go to Bangkok. I live in Ubon and mine went to Korat. It is very strange that they put two months stamp in your passport. Don't wait go there and check on your application.

They might of done the two months so they didn't have to do it again if it didn't come back within 30 days.

Edit: Your most recent reply just came up. Did you have them check on your application.

What office are you dealing with. This for future reference that other members can use while choosing offices.

Edited by ubonjoe

They don't all go to Bangkok. I live in Ubon and mine went to Korat. It is very strange that they put two months stamp in your passport. Don't wait go there and check on your application.

They might of done the two months so they didn't have to do it again if it didn't come back within 30 days.

Edit: Your most recent reply just came up. Did you have them check on your application.

What office are you dealing with. This for future reference that other members can use while choosing offices.

One cannot make them check on my anything in this particular regional office who hide behind the silent technique. This is what I tried when I went for the 90 day report. I am sorry, I would rather not name the office for obvious reasons. If the worst comes to the worst I will.

One cannot make them check on my anything in this particular regional office who hide behind the silent technique. This is what I tried when I went for the 90 day report. I am sorry, I would rather not name the office for obvious reasons. If the worst comes to the worst I will.

I am at a complete loss as to what more you can do other than go back a little closer to the stamped date and see if they will at least check to see if the approval is back yet.

They are way out of normal bounds with the 60 day stamp. I am not sure what the exact rules are on the re-entry permit. If you leave without one the visa your application is based upon is gone.

They are definatly being uncooperative to say the very least. I could think of few other choice words but they would require censorship.

You definiteley have the grounds for a complaint but to whom. A consult with a lawyer might help in this case.

Maybe somebody else will come up with a solution.

Good Luck

Joe

They are way out of normal bounds with the 60 day stamp.
Friend of mine in Phuket was given a 60 day stamp when he applied to renew his Extension of Permission to Stay on the basis of family/marriage this August. Last year he was given a 30 day stamp.

Thanks for your input. The OP's was first report I have seen or heard of about a 60 day stamp.

The 60 days wouldn't be such a problem if it wasn't for the lazy so&so's at this immigration office who won't even cooperate enough and look to see if his approval is back. In most cases the approval is back to the local office before the normal 30 day wait is over.

Edited by ubonjoe

Thanks for your input. The OP's was first report I have seen or heard of about a 60 day stamp.

The 60 days wouldn't be such a problem if it wasn't for the lazy so&so's at this immigration office who won't even cooperate enough and look to see if his approval is back. In most cases the approval is back to the local office before the normal 30 day wait is over.

Same friend went back to check as to progress with immigration anyway after 30 days and was 'barked at' for 'coming in early'.

As normal it all depends on the office, Previous poster said he got his in 3 weeks by checking early. On another topic poster said that Korat immigration called him when approval came back.

Oh well TIT.

Edited by ubonjoe

As normal it all depends on the office, Previous poster said he got his in 3 weeks by checking early. On another topic poster said that Korat immigration called him when approval came back.

Oh well TIT.

Thanks for your input Ubon. This morning, my wife phoned the 24 hour immigration call centre. After explaining the problem, she gleaned a few more facts.

1. Minimum turnover time for extension applications from regional offices is 45 days.

2. My new regional office has 60 days. ie; if one applies on a Monday, the forms don't leave the office until the Friday. This gives them the time lapse they need to do their job properly apparently. All the applications go on same day of the week, in my regional office the forms go to Suan Plu.

3. There is nothing any other office can do to help such a problem, as earlier replies advised. Only the office where the application is lodged.

So there we go again in November, probably two days before my departure date.