How To Make Thai Passport For Child.

I have a bunch of kids and we just made a passport (Thai) for oldest daughter. She HAD one but lost it or better mama lost it coming back from Malaysia... I had to go to hospital in Songkla so youngest son and the rest went with me to Had Yai...

Except oldest son (useless) and daughter nr 2... (working)

Leaving the hospital aside (reasonable food though) the immigration was very fast and as I am getting a bit older and less able to walk I would like last daughter to be done differently...

WHAT does one need to supply so that ONE parent is enough to go along and get a passport...

This time I want to go myself as I have to go back to hospital and daughter nr 2 (doesn't have a passport) and daughter nr 1 (has the passport or will have it in the weekend...) Mama has no time to go...

please try to give accurate instructions as sitting in Songkla with incorrect papers will not be funny... Also I assume there may be other older farangs with the same problems.

If I had to do it from knowledge I would say having lawyer make form with me , mama and daughter or maybe Umpur or Salakahn should be enough but..... one doesn't know.

By the way wife still angry at ticket seller in Hadyai who cheated her......

When we went to apply for a passport for my wife's youngest we took the father with us,

which made the process easy, but I understood that it could have been done without him.

Just taking longer. Sorry I do not have the details.

proces is explained here:

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/473.php?id=3167

Edit:

One parent accompanies the child, signs the parental consent form, and submits a notarized consent letter of the non-appearing parent.

You van have it notarized at an amphur.

I saw that Sonkla had e-passport but reading the paperwork I notice that a problem may be that we never legally maried in Thailand as it would have interfered with other things ....

23 years ago the way we did it was necessary, not now!

After that time may be worth thinking about signing that document and tying the knot. Your wife and the kids may appreciate having other options at some stage, Glad yours lasted so long and so well. Thanks for the review of the hospital food. I will keep it in mind. But you never reviewed the nurses.

proces is explained here:

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/473.php?id=3167

Edit:

One parent accompanies the child, signs the parental consent form, and submits a notarized consent letter of the non-appearing parent.

You van have it notarized at an amphur.

I saw that Sonkla had e-passport but reading the paperwork I notice that a problem may be that we never legally maried in Thailand as it would have interfered with other things ....

23 years ago the way we did it was necessary, not now!

If necessary, both parents who cannot accompany the applicant under the age of 15 to apply for an e-passport, may designate a representative to do on their behalf.

A representative is required to submit additional documents as follows :

(1) a letter of Authorization from the applicant’s parents giving he/she the authority to sign a parental consent form in front of the Passport Office’s authorized personnel

(2) a parental consent letter signed by the applicant’s non-appearing parents

(3) original Citizenship I.D. Cards of the applicant’s parents

(4) the representative’s Citizenship I.D.Card (original document)

Since you were not legaly marreid your wife has to proof that she has sole custody:

<LI>If the applicant was born to parents who did not sign a marriage certificate, only the mother of the applicant can sign the parental consent form. She will need to bring a letter guaranteeing sole guardianship issued by her domicile district office (Por Kor 14) accompanied by her ID Card which must bear the title ‘Miss’.

Had some power problems so had to cut my previos post short.

But That you never were marreid might not mean that you aren't the legal father. When you are maried the law will presume that the husband is the legal father. When you are not married you can still become the legal father by legitimising your child. If your children were born in Thailand the following rule applies:

Article 1547 of the Thai Civil Code:

"A child born of the parents who are not married to each other is legitimated by the subsequent marriage of the parents, or by registration made on application by the father, or by a judgment of the Court."

Note that you have had to register the child yourself at the amphur, not the hospital or anybody else. Being named on the birth certificate is not enough. You had to be the one who registered the baby and thereby confirmed yourself that you are the father. If you didn't legitimised your children yet, you might be able to do that still. (Ask a lawyer or your embassy).

Also some embassies allow you to legitimise your children with them, so the children will also get your nationality. This would probably not work against Thai law, but would at least work towards your own national law. (Better check with a laywer from your own country, as in some cases it would also be possible for your children/wife to file a paternity suit and you shoulkd check what the best course would be).

After that time may be worth thinking about signing that document and tying the knot. Your wife and the kids may appreciate having other options at some stage, Glad yours lasted so long and so well. Thanks for the review of the hospital food. I will keep it in mind. But you never reviewed the nurses.

Never got around to that as I have to go back in October to have a talk with another doctor and have to make a choice what can be done. I seem to have a broken wrist which has healed itself.....

However I have pain so clearly something isn't right.

To be honest after all this time I see no use signing ANY document. Nothing changes and if it does , well....

Just fixed my computer again so now I can print that page out and take it to a lawyer...

Thanks and I will respond as soon as their is new news.

Many thanks and I want tomorrow to goto a local lawyer to talk the problem over. It may tie in with another problem as I have as example that 800000 sitting in a Thai Bank and prefer to use it for the kids to study.... The way I hear it is possible to legally use the money for that and immigration cannot make a problem.... Daughter 1 started study in Songkla university and number 2 may follow followed by the smallest boy. Oldest boy and youngest daughter are no problem.

Anyway I was told that to do it legally I had to go to umpur etc.... so it sounds like part of the route is the same.