Farangs Shower Less Than Thais/asians

junkofdavid2

Wiping your a__ with Toilet paper after taking a dump and then pulling up your underwear without washing your behind. At the end of the day, a brown smear lines your cotton undies. Ask your laundry woman what she thinks about that... :o
This as well as picking (and I do mean PICKING) their noses in public as well as popping pimples.... :D

Only if you FART. :D

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you used a lot of hot water in the process. I heard that Canadians have one of the highest per capital usage of energy.
Give me break, I grew up in the coldest part of Canada and showered twice a day, same here unless I need an extra one during the day on the weekend or after shag*ing

ya and we've got lots of it.So just as you say to falangs "this is Thail :o and",so lump it....We say "this is canada" , so lump it

And you used a lot of hot water in the process. I heard that Canadians have one of the highest per capital usage of energy.
Give me break, I grew up in the coldest part of Canada and showered twice a day, same here unless I need an extra one during the day on the weekend or after shag*ing

ya and we've got lots of it.So just as you say to falangs "this is Thail :o and",so lump it....We say "this is canada" , so lump it

"Horsedoctor" got a point there somewhere, obsessed with "aap naam" (to get excessive heat out of the body to cool) and "ho:m", smell good personally, the room is swept so "lala", then it is all, including the remnants of the day/evening meal, the Chip bags, the M150, the empty Lao Kao/Mehkong, Saeng Som, the 2 l. Plastic Coca Cola and Water Bottles, plus Paper Tissue all just swept out of the house out on to the road, the surroundings of the house, or if collected, disposed of behind, beside the house, if there is a garbage container and the dogs were at it, hardly ever anybody feels the obligation to clean the spill.....same with most "natural waterways" the smaller they are, the more they are polluted by human waste......that these waterways stink like open sewers, doesn't seem to be much of a concern, if so the "sniff stick" comes into action... in the middle ages the same problem was big in Europe conquered with smelling salt, finally ended with the plague...

(Does anyone remember the open canal in Sathorn Rd. Bkk in the mid 1990???)

Superficial cleanliness is maybe adorable, but has nothing to do with genuine hygiene, sanitary and environmental basics!

Perhaps it's just me, but I have noticed that while the floor will be swept and mopped many times a day, everything else, i.e. doors, walls, ceilngs, furniture, windows and curtains are generally ignored, and extremely grungy. Yes I know it's because without air-con everything is always open and therefore dusty, but I find it strange that people who are fastidious about personal cleanliness are oblivious to being surrounded by filth.

"Horsedoctor" got a point there somewhere, obsessed with "aap naam" (to get excessive heat out of the body to cool) and "ho:m", smell good personally, the room is swept so "lala", then it is all, including the remnants of the day/evening meal, the Chip bags, the M150, the empty Lao Kao/Mehkong, Saeng Som, the 2 l. Plastic Coca Cola and Water Bottles, plus Paper Tissue all just swept out of the house out on to the road, the surroundings of the house, or if collected, disposed of behind, beside the house, if there is a garbage container and the dogs were at it, hardly ever anybody feels the obligation to clean the spill.....same with most "natural waterways" the smaller they are, the more they are polluted by human waste......that these waterways stink like open sewers, doesn't seem to be much of a concern, if so the "sniff stick" comes into action... in the middle ages the same problem was big in Europe conquered with smelling salt, finally ended with the plague...

(Does anyone remember the open canal in Sathorn Rd. Bkk in the mid 1990???)

Superficial cleanliness is maybe adorable, but has nothing to do with genuine hygiene, sanitary and environmental basics!

Perhaps it's just me, but I have noticed that while the floor will be swept and mopped many times a day, everything else, i.e. doors, walls, ceilngs, furniture, windows and curtains are generally ignored, and extremely grungy. Yes I know it's because without air-con everything is always open and therefore dusty, but I find it strange that people who are fastidious about personal cleanliness are oblivious to being surrounded by filth.

My house has some of the cleanest ceilings I ever saw. Maybe it has something to do with the amount of time my wife lays about and studies the ceiling.

In your opinion:

Do farangs shower less often that Thais and other Asians?

Or is that just a "racist" Thai/Asian belief about farangs?

Fact or fallacy? :D

And... does it matter at all? :o

from the scientific point of view people in warmer climates should sweat more than people from cooler climates.

So people from thailand should sweat more, theoretically.

sweating is the human body's main way to cool itself down and reduce heat stress. The sweat forms on the surface of the skin, then the energy used to evaporate it draws heat out of the body.

it may be that newcomers from the West in LOS will sweat more as a temporary acclimatory adjustment then get over this.

Sweat deposits salt on the surface of the skin, and getting this off is one of the main reasons to shower. The difference in odor may relate to the apocrine glands. If caucasians are seen as more odiferous, it may be because in their evolutionary history in europe, individuals with stronger smell tended to survive and reproduce at a greater rate than those without it. This may be because these glands also function as scent glands.

Edited by GeneralFritzPlugmaster

Wiping your a__ with Toilet paper after taking a dump and then pulling up your underwear without washing your behind. At the end of the day, a brown smear lines your cotton undies. Ask your laundry woman what she thinks about that... :o
This as well as picking (and I do mean PICKING) their noses in public as well as popping pimples.... :D

why fart it and waste it,

when you can burp it and taste it..... :D

Do you really mean that? I know what a golden shower is.

All of that yellow snow you have eaten must have done bad things to you? :D

:o Now THIS is Racist!! :D
thais like golden showers $$$$$...............HHHaaaa :D

lightenup chimp face!!!................are you trying to deny this.................boy are you out of it!!!! :D

Edited by toybits

why fart it and waste it,

when you can burp it and taste it..... :D

Coke flavored burp is the best.

But I'm on diet now, so I have to settle for a Coke-zero burp. But for maximum burp flavor, Pepsi max is the best... but with not as much "AAAhhh!" as Coke. :D

Among Asians, I believe the Japanese have the best bathing culture.

But having met a lot of other Asians, perhaps, the Japanese resemble the Koreans in their bathing habits, which are far compared to Thais and others. Chinese are probably the worst.

Most Thais I know can't stand an odorous foreigner. No wonder one of my foreign colleagues was fired after series of complaints of him being stinky.

I can say that this shower thing is not just common among Thais. It's a common thing among Asians from tropical areas.

Even back home, I showered twice a day. Here, it's the same. I don't like getting into bed if I'm dirty. I don't like stinky people.

Some of the stinkier people really should use deoderant. From what I've seen, the stinkier people are usually (not always) from European countries and they tend to be old. I have some friends that say they don't use deoderant becuase they don't smell bad. That's usually true about them although on very hot days, they can give off a bit of a smell. They know that and they just go take a shower as soon as possible and it's all good.

Fired for body odor? You mean, nobody ever tried to tell this poor fellow that his BO was bothering others and that if he didn't do something about it, he could be fired? Does't your inaction make all guilty of getting this person fired?

Some of my staff were complaining that one of their colleagues had stinky feet. I didn't fire this person. I talked to him and told him about the situation in a non-threatening manner. A day after that, I saw him drying up his shoes under the sun. Don't have that problem now.

But having met a lot of other Asians, perhaps, the Japanese resemble the Koreans in their bathing habits, which are far compared to Thais and others. Chinese are probably the worst.

Most Thais I know can't stand an odorous foreigner. No wonder one of my foreign colleagues was fired after series of complaints of him being stinky.

I can say that this shower thing is not just common among Thais. It's a common thing among Asians from tropical areas.

Ah yes, i remember when i was a lad being taught how to put my underpants on, brown stripe at the back ! :D

Ha ha....

Found this...

A woman was unhappy with the way her laundry was done at the local laundry, so she wrote a note and put it in the bag with the next collection of soiled clothes: "Use more soap on panties!"

She got the clean laundry back and was still dissatisfied with the results. The following week she enclosed another note: "Use more soap on panties!"

The laundryman became very annoyed. When her clean laundry was delivered, it contained a note from him: "I use plenty of soap on panties! Use more paper on ass!"

Ah yes, i remember when i was a lad being taught how to put my underpants on, brown stripe at the back ! :o

Could it be worse than the smell of pickled herring?
:Dthais do shower more,but the smell of there breath turns my stomach its all that horrible food they eat give them some mints before you kiss them :D or get themto brush there teeth

Must agree there, and to 'oggie911, most Thais eat healthier food, that we, westerners do. You think it's horrible, but it's good for you! :o

Edited by SamuiJens

:Dthais do shower more,but the smell of there breath turns my stomach its all that horrible food they eat give them some mints before you kiss them :D or get themto brush there teeth

Must agree there, and to 'oggie911, most Thais eat healthier food, that we, westerners do. You think it's horrible, but it's good for you! :o

I listen to my body and that is not what it told me , it got quite adamant after i had consumed a seafood piza and became 'House bound' for 4 days , the smell of the phlatus was far from flattering as well .

You mean that double fried on the street chicken wings and every other fried dish in the country or that pesticide laden pat boone fye dang with their rice? Yes, they cuisine does generally allow for slimmer waistlines but I wonder how it is for their arteries, kidneys, liver and colon?

Now I feel like having a somtam palahhhhh. :D

You are so lucky to have other healthier choices like KFC, Big Mac, Svensens, Hagen Daz, Pizza Hut and an Irish Cream from Starbucks. Oh and you can supersize that too. :o

europe_vs_usa.jpg

You mean that double fried on the street chicken wings and every other fried dish in the country or that pesticide laden pat boone fye dang with their rice? Yes, they cuisine does generally allow for slimmer waistlines but I wonder how it is for their arteries, kidneys, liver and colon?

You are so lucky to have other healthier choices like KFC, Big Mac, Svensens, Hagen Daz, Pizza Hut and an Irish Cream from Starbucks. Oh and you can supersize that too. :o

europe_vs_usa.jpg

Take a visit to one of your fast food restaurants as listed above and you will see row after row of locals chewing on you guessed it 'Fried Chicken', except at Hagen Daz and Starbucks where water is the food of choice while reading their homework.

Fast food is only successful here because of the local demand, please don't blame the growing teenage obesity in this country on the west. Nobody is forcing it down your throats. On that note, think I will go have a double whopper with bacon and cheese. :D

Looking at the Photo below, I can now understand why farangs (one on right side) take longer baths than Asians.

You are right about locals lining up at these introduced "food" assembly lines. Well I guess that in the near future, locals will be taking longer showers, using more soap and water like their counterparts from North America... :o

You are so lucky to have other healthier choices like KFC, Big Mac, Svensens, Hagen Daz, Pizza Hut and an Irish Cream from Starbucks. Oh and you can supersize that too.

europe_vs_usa.jpg

Take a visit to one of your fast food restaurants as listed above and you will see row after row of locals chewing on you guessed it 'Fried Chicken', except at Hagen Daz and Starbucks where water is the food of choice while reading their homework.

Fast food is only successful here because of the local demand, please don't blame the growing teenage obesity in this country on the west. Nobody is forcing it down your throats. On that note, think I will go have a double whopper with bacon and cheese. :D

Edited by toybits

Looking at the Photo below, I can now understand why farangs (one on right side) take longer baths than Asians.

You are right about locals lining up at these introduced "food" assembly lines. Well I guess that in the near future, locals will be taking longer showers, using more soap and water like their counterparts from North America... :o

You are so lucky to have other healthier choices like KFC, Big Mac, Svensens, Hagen Daz, Pizza Hut and an Irish Cream from Starbucks. Oh and you can supersize that too.

europe_vs_usa.jpg

No, my Mrs takes much longer showers than me...is it her hobby? a fetish? did she get lost? I don't really know but going by amount of brie she eats, yes it could be the cheese. :D

Maybe they know this is a load of propaganda designed to make you use more soap.. started by soap companies in the late 1900's .

1) Urine is sterile,

2) Besides, I do not put my fingers in urine, do you?

3) Same goes for defecating. When I wipe I use tissue, lots of it-not my hands, don't you?

4) The minute after you spend 2 minutes scrubbing your own hands, and you touch the door going out, don't you think your hands are contaminated with whatever was deposited by whomever went before you?

A far more sensible better habit to get into is DON'T TOUCH YOUR EYES, NOSE or MOUTH. This stops virus from getting in your eyes , nose or moth which are nice warm, moist petri dishes. Ears too, but it's harder to deposit germs within.

Doctors say the one best way to stop infection is to wash your hands. Then even if you do touch your eyes, etc. you are more protected. Let's not just blame everything on those mean old corporates.

Even back home, I showered twice a day. Here, it's the same. I don't like getting into bed if I'm dirty. I don't like stinky people.

Some of the stinkier people really should use deoderant. From what I've seen, the stinkier people are usually (not always) from European countries and they tend to be old. I have some friends that say they don't use deoderant becuase they don't smell bad. That's usually true about them although on very hot days, they can give off a bit of a smell. They know that and they just go take a shower as soon as possible and it's all good.

I usuallly shower between 3 and 4 times a day. I would do it more if I had access to showers in more places. I shower twice at home, once at the gym, and once at work.

I am very concious about body odor, and as I sweat more in hot weather than just about all Thais, I am especially sensitive to it.

However, I have developed a reaction to most deodorants. I never used to have a reaction, but now, I will get read rashes under my arms after applying a deodorant. I may be able to get only a minor one if I use a deodorant for only one day, so I do save the use for more important social occasions. Otherwise, I just make do with showering.

If anyone knows of a non-allergenic deodorant, I certainly would like to know the brand.