Taxi Situation At Suvarnabhumi

Bacus

Are the taxi cabs still blocking the airport? When the cabs were blocking things was there still bus rides and meter taxi departures from Arrivals?

I keep reading that there is or was a strike at the airport but I couldn't come across anything that said it was still on or done with.

Thank you.

All back to normal came in Saturday afternoon (4 Oct) and the taxis were neatly lined up on arrival floor

Posted by Krub in the News Forum, so unless it has kicked off again, I would suggest you are OK, maybe others have more contemporary news?

Good Luck

Moss

After 2 years of using taxis with most being appalling drivers who cannot keep a car at a steady speed its either stop or go lurching you back and forth or excessive speed and weaving we finally got a car and gave them all the finger!!

Rude in many cases not going where you want many times they would rather have an emtpy car than make some money. The amount of times we have opened the door and asked to go some place but its not where "they" want to go is unbelievable.

Blocking the airport for the spoilt brats in their mafiosa club, with tourist numbers falling what a great idea, lets block the airport, how about a govt led campaign for customer service soemthing sadly lacking in Thailand.

In answer to the OP (at last I hear you cry) I was there Monday last week and as I left Imnternational arrivals a phone call from my wife told me she could not even get to the International arrivals gate on foot as they had stopped people getting to this level who were meeting people. Dont know if this was taxi thing or not but it was ridiculously stupid. Emptyish airport I was thru in minutes.

Taxis, good riddance a disgrace in many cases for Thailand and a such a great welcome for the new visitor.

They have excellent customer service in Thailand. Hire a Thai to run your errands, do your shopping, cook your meals, clean your house, mow your lawn, water your plants, take care of your kids, drive them to school, drive you to work, sort your internet, wait in line at the bank. They'll do everything. Perfect customer service I say.