Cheap Digs In Sukhothai

JimsKnight

Hey guys. Anyone know of cheap guesthouses in Sukhothai?

Nothing fancy or special. The 200 - 400 baht range is what I'm looking for.

The websearches just through up the usual overpriced tripe hence the all knowing oracles of expatriatedom who live nearby :o

I'll be rolling through soon and will be looking at getting my head down for a night or two.

Thanks.

Anyone??!!!

Surely some must live in this City?

Or is everyone tucked up in the farms! :o

We have family in Sukhothai, so we don't spend much time in hotels while there, although we did spend a night at one not far from the night market. An old rather shabby place. Can't recall the name of it though. A quick browse shows the River View Hotel located in the city of Sukhothai runs around 350 baht for a double, A/C private room. Location is: 92-92/1 Nikornkasem Rd. Years ago it looked fairly nice. Link below shows a photo. It's now described as a "short term love hotel". LOL! Not sure if that's what it is, or just how it's described.

http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation_pr...hothai/all/1190

TR Guesthouse runs around 250 up to around 400 baht. Located at: 27/5 Pravet Nakhon Rd

http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation_pr...hothai/all/1185

It's hard to say how accutrate the prices are. Phone numbers are listed if you want to check.

The night market (food) is nearby with vendors providing cheap eating.

Plenty of transportation available to the Sukhothai Historical Park to see the ruins. Well worth seeing.

http://www.synaptic.bc.ca/gallery/sukot009.htm

I was at an asian festival sponsored by Thais in Reston Virginia last year. A fine show. Many entertainers, dancers, singers, etc from all the asian countries. The Thai Tourism Authority had a nice booth promoting Thailand. I spent some time chatting with them as I have been to Thailand many times. They had a real nice little booklet about Sukothai and the surronding area, going as far as Phitsanalok. I open it almost every day at work to remind me of fun I have in Thailand and the tranquility of those Sukothai remains. That area is on my radar for my next visit.

Any hints on how easy to get there from Pattaya or BKK? Looks like a couple of hours on a bus or the train. Bus from Mo Chit?

I was at an asian festival sponsored by Thais in Reston Virginia last year. A fine show. Many entertainers, dancers, singers, etc from all the asian countries. The Thai Tourism Authority had a nice booth promoting Thailand. I spent some time chatting with them as I have been to Thailand many times. They had a real nice little booklet about Sukothai and the surronding area, going as far as Phitsanalok. I open it almost every day at work to remind me of fun I have in Thailand and the tranquility of those Sukothai remains. That area is on my radar for my next visit.

Any hints on how easy to get there from Pattaya or BKK? Looks like a couple of hours on a bus or the train. Bus from Mo Chit?

From BKK to Sukhothai by air-con bus it's around 8 hours or so. We've taken the bus a couple of times from Suk to Rangsit. I'd suggest flying if you want to get there quicker.

A list of places within your budget

99 Guesthouse

234/6 Soi Phanitsap, Charot Withithong Road , SUKHOTHAI

Tel :: 66 5561 1315

Ban Thai Guesthouse

38 Prawet Nakhon Road , SUKHOTHAI

Tel :: 66 5561 0163

Chinnawat

1-3 Nikon Kasem Road,, SUKHOTHAI

Tel :: 66 5561 1385, 66 5561 1689

Friend House

52/7 Loe Thai Road , SUKHOTHAI

Tel :: 66 5561 0172

Garden House

11/1 Pravet Nakhon Rd, Sukhothai

Tel: (055) 611 395

J&J Guesthouse

122/1501 Maeramphan Rd, Sukhothai

Tel: (055) 620 095

Number Four Guesthouse

140/4 Khlong Mae Ramphan, Charot Withithong Road , SUKHOTHAI

Tel :: 66 5561 0165

River View Hotel

92-92/1 Nikornkasem Rd, Sukhothai

Tel: (055) 611 516

Sawatdiphong

56/2-5 Singhawat Road , SUKHOTHAI

Tel :: 66 5561 1567, 66 5562 2113

Sky House

58/1-7 By Pass , SUKHOTHAI

Tel :: 66 5561 1212

TR Guesthouse,

27/5 Pravet Nakorn Rd

Tel : 055-611-663

Traveller's House

130 Jarotviteethong Rd, Sukhothai

Tel: (085) 613 333

Check http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation/th...i/sukhothai/all for some reviews.

Some are better kept / cleanerthan others, and some offer shared facilities and options for private facilities.

Be aware that with Loy Kratong fast approaching Sukhothai becomes very busy and is often "full" for the week as often places are often booked even 1 year in advance. Becuase of such a high demand in this period, there is commonly a surcharge of perhaps 500-1,000 baht per night on a room, so if you are travelling in this festival period, do ensure you have reservations before travelling, or you may end up having to sleep on the seat of the bike.

Enjoy your stay....

• 5 weeks later...