Medical For Australian Visa

<deleted>. My fiance' has just done her medical in Bangkok for a permanent visa to australia, tested everything, it was so disorganised....was there for two days, couldn't get it all done in one.

Now here's the problem, when she called up the embassy to get a list of approved hospitals, they didn't

answer the phone, for about half an hour. So she then called the 'call centre' (nothing to do with the embassy)? A 13 number....and they told her that their are two hospitals in bangkok which are approved.

One of them was the Rajavithi hospital. So she has now done her medical at this hospital, and as I look through the list this hospital is not on the approved list. I call the Aus. embassy in bangkok, and some chick who can hardly speak English tells me that it is not on the list, but if she just brings in the paperwork they can go from there.

I will be so pissed off if she has to go through all this again, although it was her fault in the first place because she took information from the stupid call centre. Has anyone ever had any medicals etc done at Rajavithi hospital??

<deleted>. My fiance' has just done her medical in Bangkok for a permanent visa to australia, tested everything, it was so disorganised....was there for two days, couldn't get it all done in one.

Now here's the problem, when she called up the embassy to get a list of approved hospitals, they didn't

answer the phone, for about half an hour. So she then called the 'call centre' (nothing to do with the embassy)? A 13 number....and they told her that their are two hospitals in bangkok which are approved.

One of them was the Rajavithi hospital. So she has now done her medical at this hospital, and as I look through the list this hospital is not on the approved list. I call the Aus. embassy in bangkok, and some chick who can hardly speak English tells me that it is not on the list, but if she just brings in the paperwork they can go from there.

I will be so pissed off if she has to go through all this again, although it was her fault in the first place because she took information from the stupid call centre. Has anyone ever had any medicals etc done at Rajavithi hospital??

Why didnt you look at the list first then tell her which one to go to ??

Wherever you go, make sure they do all of the required tests.

We went to the Bangkok Hospital in Korat which is a major and very good one, but they forgot one of the blood tests and the Embassy required us to get this one test later in Bangkok, which we did at further cost to us!

yeah i feel stupid gburns. I've had a lot going on and forgot to do that, i assumed she was getting information from the embassy anyway over there. Oh well, she handed the tests in, and the embassy said if they require her to do it again they'll give her a call in about a month. Now its just a waiting game, i don't think we will have any problems getting this visa....I will be VERY shocked if it gets refused.