Good Cheap Accom In Chiang Mai

Ritti

Am looking at taking a few days off (need a week away freom Bangkok)

I am hoping to find something close to city centre or close to Doi Sutep (views)

Doesn't need to be 5 star as it's just my bro and I.

Any tips would be great

Cheers

Yep, Montri's a good deal (comfy beds) and also comes with free wifi. Defo a high-up room at the back for views and quietness :o

The Top North Hotel is just down from there and in a similar price bracket, plus pool.

• 1 month later...
Montri Hotel Tel# 66-53- 211069-70

Fax# 66-53 217416

E-mail: [email protected]

web site: norththaihotel.com/montri.html

Right inside Thapae Gate in old city. Ask for a room in back. Quiet with view of Doi Sothep. 750 per night with free breakfast.

is this a standard rate for the montri do you know UG? am trying to book a few nights there for some friends but cheapest i'm getting online is 900b a night.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry, I put that up during low season. I just called them and they said that 900 is the lowest right now (1,000 with a 10% discount).

And they might find themselves without too many customers !!

Business is down 30 - 35 % on last year and they are still holding out for top dollars "TIT"

Edited by john b good

Pretty much depends on what you want to pay, there seem to be places from 300 baht upwards. Noticed the Montri spent most of the last few months under construction on the ground floor, new restaurant with live music (not loud and not late) most evenings. I'd agree the Montri is probably the best hotel in the best location.

Word on the street is, that Chiang Mai airport is a very good place to stay at the moment.

All you need to do is wear a red shirt and people actually pay you 700 baht a day just to hang out there, plus free weapon hand outs for the kids, fun and thrills for all the family.