Work Permit On A Non O Visa

hello all,been a while & hope all is well ? im going back to bkk in a few weeks to stay with wife & family, will be buying a non o visa here in oz before i go , question is... if im on a non o for 90 days or multi non 0 , can i obtain a w.p on my non o visa? i have some contacts in my engineering trade living in thailand & have been advised there maybe work for me in my hvac trade. if im offered the right job can i obtain a w.p on my multi non 0 visa ? thanks to all that can advise me on this matter. :o doosy

You must be offered an eligible job from a real company that qualifies to hire a foreigner and for an allowable position for foreigners.

Your company should be able to help with filing proper paperwork and you can look on the main Thaivisa.com page for info on WP's and visas

hello all,been a while & hope all is well ? im going back to bkk in a few weeks to stay with wife & family, will be buying a non o visa here in oz before i go , question is... if im on a non o for 90 days or multi non 0 , can i obtain a w.p on my non o visa? i have some contacts in my engineering trade living in thailand & have been advised there maybe work for me in my hvac trade. if im offered the right job can i obtain a w.p on my multi non 0 visa ? thanks to all that can advise me on this matter. :o doosy

Work permit question has been answered.

Unless you can meet the requirements on your own (40,000 baht) for a one year extension I would suggest that you get a mutiple non-o before arriving. Getting a job and the work permit could easily take more than 90 day plus the fact that you have to show that income for 3 months before doing the application for a 1 year extension. Getting a multiple entry miight save making a visa run after 90 days verses a border run with a multiple entry.

Edited by ubonjoe