Online Supermarket Delivery In Phuket?

simon43

I doubt that this exists, (apart from some top-end food supply copanies such as Gerd's)

Every other day, I drive down from the airport to stock up at Tesco/Macro with food and drink supplies for my hotel. It's not very efficient for any business. However, holding large stocks of food and drink on our premises is also not an efficient scenario.

The ideal way to operate is with 'Just in Time' supply, whereby one holds the minimum amouns of stock and can rapidly obtain new stock from suppliers when needed.

So an online food/drink swtore with delivery to our hotel would be ideal. (The extra costs for the delivery etc are offset by our time and fuel saving).

Does such a service exist in Phuket? Does Tesco or Macro have a website where one can order goods and get them speedily delivered?

Thanks

Simon

I doubt that this exists, (apart from some top-end food supply copanies such as Gerd's)

Every other day, I drive down from the airport to stock up at Tesco/Macro with food and drink supplies for my hotel. It's not very efficient for any business. However, holding large stocks of food and drink on our premises is also not an efficient scenario.

The ideal way to operate is with 'Just in Time' supply, whereby one holds the minimum amouns of stock and can rapidly obtain new stock from suppliers when needed.

So an online food/drink swtore with delivery to our hotel would be ideal. (The extra costs for the delivery etc are offset by our time and fuel saving).

Does such a service exist in Phuket? Does Tesco or Macro have a website where one can order goods and get them speedily delivered?

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon I've considered offering an online service when my supermarket opens mid November. How often would you order and what would you order?

Thanks

Hi LeungKen, yes I forgot to mention Supercheap. But it's the same problem as with the other stores. I physically have to visit the store and collect the goods.

As for sending one of my staff to do the shopping, I'm afraid that this doesn't work (from many previous experiences). They never buy what is on the list, never stick to the quantities that I specifiy.

I've learnt that the only way to get something done properly in Thailand is to do it yourself :o That's why I would love to be able to manage my food/drinks orders via the internet. simply submit a list of items/quantities and get them speedily delivered. Not really rocket science!

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a account with Supercheap you can phone or fax your schopping list to them after which the deliver it to your hotel.

I pay via bank account ones a month or when required.

I do this for my hotel at Patong and it works ok but not perfect as they don't have everything in stock.

These people were in business last year, I haven't seen the owner in awhile so not sure if they are still up:

www.holidayready4u.com online grocery shopping.

The owner is living now in Hawaii where he is originally from and building up the same business as he is doing here in Phuket.

As far as I know his business is still working here. His customers are people who are renting a villa/bungalow on Phuket and want have delivered all their stuff direct to their houses.

Gerd

These people were in business last year, I haven't seen the owner in awhile so not sure if they are still up:

The owner is living now in Hawaii where he is originally from ......

Gerd

What's up with all these people claiming to be from Hawaii??

The guy I know from that business is Mexican/American from Southern California. Gerd, maybe there were two owners.

A Hawaiian/Mexican, there is a joke there but I would hate to be labeled racist (again).

The owner is living now in Hawaii where he is originally from ......

Gerd

What's up with all these people claiming to be from Hawaii??

The guy I know from that business is Mexican/American from Southern California. Gerd, maybe there were two owners.

A Hawaiian/Mexican, there is a joke there but I would hate to be labeled racist (again).

His family name sounds a bit Mexican, may be another kind of "fusion"..... :o

Gerd