Pm Somchai Will Not Resign

george

Sad as it may be, yes it is a very good reason. You are seriously taking for granted the role cheap petroleum has in our modern society...

Jack says "no". any predictions out there? Does anyone think the PAD is going to lay low and kick back for the festivities, and see khun brother in law leave with his box of belongings on the TV? I don't think so. I think they'll try it again, there hasn't been a consequence yet, why should there be the next time? I do kinda think that a change now would disrupt the official activities coming up. But then again since these activities are so official, I can't see how they can't not happen. Could you imagine George Bush taking responsibility for his actions? Dumb ass McCain said in the debate the other night, "we had to go into Iraq to secure our oil supply" Now that's a good reason to kill over 1 million people. :o

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somchai insists to stay on to carry out three important missions

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat insisted Friday that his government has to stay on to carry out three important missions.

First, his government would have to hold the royal cremation for HRH Princess Galyani Vadhana from November 14 to 19. And on November 20, there will be a ceremony for setting up a tiered umbrella to honour the late princess.

Second, his government would have to hold a grand celebration on the occasion of His Majesty the King's birthday in December.

Somchai said the third event was important for Thailand's image in the eyes of the International Community. He said Thais should be united to support the government in holding the Asean Summit in December. He said the entire world was watching whether Thailand could hold the event smoothly or not.

-- The Nation 2008-10-17

How the Thai baht can remain so strong against other currencies is one of the most amazing wonders of the modern world.

The country is a shambles with the Gov paralysed for how long now ? I am going to email Oz Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd, tonight and tell him the secret to a strong currency is chaos. Maybe Aus can attack New Guinea or NZ. Does the curent PM really believe the rest of the world looks upon Thailand as a country to be admired.

LOL you aren't kidding there mate, but all I would say is...WAIT!, I expect the Baht will go through the floor in the next 3 months, they cannot prop it up or talk it up forever, they / the country is running out of money. Reality has a habit of coming back with a vengeance.

It looks like all the Falangs on this thread are Pro PAD.

NO. Just pro-democracy and anti-corruption. Those have to be in place before you can talk party politics.

Present Thai government/political scene is like something off the Cartoon Network. Until they start to act in the interests of the people instead of themselves it'll always be nothing more than a joke.

So he has two big events in November and December. After that? According to his schedule, he'll be out by the end of December as he doesn't seem to have any plans for the country beyond that. New government again in January, yee-ha!

I suggest the setting up of a new party. The TSPCP party. The Thick Skinned Parasite and Crony Party. These guys like Somchai, Thaksin and Samak make rhinos and elephants look like smooth skinned babies.

There is an old saying that you only judge a mans character AFTER he is given power over his fellow man. These people are the manifestations of a sick system bogged down in fuedalism and patronage.

All that is needed is someone with the courage to stand up and put the country before their own bank balance. This person cannot appear in a system that runs on influence peddling and cronyism.

(The west is only slightly better in some countries mind you :o )

The baht was 30 to an AUD in July. This week it was 22 :D Looks like no Thailand holiday this year for us Aussies. Figure out how a baht is stronger than an Aussie dollar against the USD. Let me know if you do........

Thaksin didn't resign, Samak didn't resign and Somchai won't resign. The first two were forced from the position of P.M. and I feel sure the Somchai will be sooner than later.

And just like those 2 predecessors, he's racking up an impressive assortment of criminal cases that all have the potential to throw him out of office since he seems so resistant to leaving on his own account.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=2275612

1. Somchai accused of attempted bribery

2. Somchai malfeasance verdict

3. Senators' call for inspection of PM's credentials

a couple more and he'll be in Samak's league.... and 21 more cases and he'll be in Thaksin's league.

How can he refuse to stand down if he has benn found guilty of breaking the law. Does anyone understand this? Did Samak have the same option?

Cheers, Rick

Well if your so on top of it, tell us the legal process to be followed here. Maybe you could have a legal and/or constitutional lawyer explain the exact process. It appears all the naysayers say getout or resign, but what are the PM's right in this case! They would apply in any other country!

PPP get dissolved for vote buying, so they didn't got elected....

And calling the PAD fascists just shows clearly that you didn't look into the details of the acting persons. Would say there are more very left one than right wing.

And you clearly know nothing about politics. Fascism is not a left/right movement. But let's be fair, and say they are clearly a Totalitarian movement.

Thaksin is the one who is acting like a totalitarian facist.

He is doing his best to control the country as he wants it,

even though he is definitely not elected now.

He was the one attempting control the country like a facisist

THAT is what brought on the coup.

No matter coup or not his term would be over now,

his party dissolved for electoral malfeasance

He is banned fir 5 years.

most of his family and friends are also banned.

He has 5 legal cases to answer for from an independent judiciary.

But his proxy government is trying to rewrite the constitution

to allow him to get off scott free and come back and take over again.

If you can compare that kind of madness with PAD yelling and screaming AGAINST it,

there is little hope you can understand the true danger. They are the loud in your face

watch dog announcing the return of the burgurlar determined to get to the jewelry.

One word 'from above' and PAD goes back to private life, that's all it will take.

They are out and doing what they do because of the clear and present danger

of a totalitarian Thaksin resurgence is still there.

Mugabe says he gets the most votes too, but he shouldn't be running a

restroom towel concession let alone a country. Just because you can claim

electoral majority doesn't make you a legitimate leader except on paper.

Legitamacy must also come from a moral right to govern and do it properly.

The MP's got elected just enough to form a coalition, but the GOVERNMENT

was formed because Thaksin said these people get the jobs.. THAT is totalitarian.

The MP's are elected, but control group is CHOSEN by one man ,

and CONTROL is dictated to those chosen by one man.

The peoples VOTES have long since gone out the window.

THAT is the REAL danger here.

And calling the PAD fascists just shows clearly that you didn't look into the details of the acting persons. Would say there are more very left one than right wing.

And you clearly know nothing about politics. Fascism is not a left/right movement. But let's be fair, and say they are clearly a Totalitarian movement.

If you can compare that kind of madness with PAD yelling and screaming AGAINST it,

there is little hope you can understand the true danger. They are the loud in your face

watch dog announcing the return of the burgurlar determined to get to the jewelry.

One word 'from above' and PAD goes back to private life, that's all it will take.

They are out and doing what they do because of the clear and present danger

of a totalitarian Thaksin resurgence is still there.

Mugabe says he gets the most votes too, but he shouldn't be running a

restroom towel concession let alone a country. Just because you can claim

electoral majority doesn't make you a legitimate leader except on paper.

Legitamacy must also come from a moral right to govern and do it properly.

The MP's got elected just enough to form a coalition, but the GOVERNMENT

was formed because Thaksin said these people get the jobs.. THAT is totalitarian.

The MP's are elected, but control group is CHOSEN by one man ,

and CONTROL is dictated to those chosen by one man.

The peoples VOTES have long since gone out the window.

THAT is the REAL danger here.

There shouldn't be any argument from any critical thinking person with your synopsis

Not hardly.

Plenty of anti-PAD voices regularly talking quite loudly.

But more here are anti-PPP / Thaksin, than actually pro-PAD.

The alternative to no PAD, for the moment, is so much worse.

It is much different to share SOME parallel views with someone you hold at arms length,

than to support someone 100%, regardless of how bad you know them to be,

just because they did one thing right, for the wrong reasons.

Not at all, just anti Taksin and all his fellow travellers.

As for those that say because the PPP won the election they are OK, remember the Nazis won power in a "democratic" election, but they were not OK, and it took the death of millions to get rid of them.

I've spoken substantially to a senior election commission official (who hates Taksin by the way) and this election was fair. Claim otherwise all you want, but the EC (certainly not TRT / PPP supporters or dogsbodies) have the information and the strengh to say it how it was - fair.

H90, just spouting on and on and on an ubsubstatiated (and clearly incorrect according to respected authorities) opinion carries no weight - quite the reverse.

Did your associate, the EC Commissioner, say this before or after all those red and yellow cards were issued for vote buying by them? Which, btw, they're still issuing... from a December election... with 5 more just a few days ago.

Be as sarcastic as you like, but the facts remain:-

1) All sides cheated (normal Thai politics, sadly) and were issued with yellow / red cards.

2) The PPP got the votes to form a government.

All this despite the fact that the army (remember the coup?) and the people they put in place to 'check' the election were desperate for the PPP not to form a government. Even despite these huge odds, and the stacked cards, the PPP still won, because that's who the majority of Thais wanted and continue to want.

I repeat one hundred times: If Taksin (who I hate personally) came back to Thai politics he would win an election by a landslide. I know it, you know it, The Thai populous knows it and PAD knows it too.

I am completely inline with your clear hatred of Taksin and the PPP. The only difference is ;I believe the PAD to be equally bad, and I also respect the Thai populous vote - you and PAD don't. Luckily for the masses you / PAD are a very tiny minority.

So, if you were back in the 1930's, knowing what you know now, would you support Hitler's democratically elected Nazi government, or are the "people" sometimes wrong in their choice of leader?

A London newspaper column said on Friday that the "monster" Rolls Royce owned by exiled ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra was damaged.

"It's a nasty old world," said a brief note in the gossipy City Spy column carried in the Business section of the Evening Standard newspaper.

"Spotted in Old Park Lane: some time Manchester City and Thailand boss Thaksin Shinawatra's monster Rolls-Royce... with its passenger window smashed in."

There were no other details in the one-paragraph report.

A wag in Bangkok suggested that the political war in Bangkok had migrated to England......

(From Today's Post.)

Edited by Mobi

The ironic humour that you are looking for lies in the fact that the people from the North East who are supporting the PAD will do so and lose their right to vote under the proposed PAD new politics.

That is democracy for you.

That is factually incorrect, or simply speaking, is plain old bullshit.

Some people interpret "democracy" as "whatever crap I make up on the spot deserves equal rights and respect", hope you are not one of them, you just been duped into believing what you said there.

>>>>

The EC has ruled that PPP commited serious electoral fraud and needs to be dissolved as a punishment. According to the laws, the Constitutional Court will have to deliver the final verdict on the issue.

The EC has endorsed PPP's victory for the lack of other legal options at that time, but the victory was, and still is, under judicial review.

A person or party is guilty from the moment the crime was commited, though legal process presumes he is innocent until final ruling.

If you take an example of some killer preparing for a trial - people might still argue if he really killed someone or not and proseution got everything wrong, but no one but his lawyers would go around proclaiming his innocence outright. In PPP's case even the staunch defenders don't deny that crime has been committed, what we are waiting for is "sentencing trial", the guilt itself is beyond doubt.

That's why JD can't accept "PPP won the elections" call.

There are four parties in parlament who are not under the threat of dissolution, so "everyone cheats" argument is extremely lame one. Yes, just like everyone passes a 100 baht not to a trafic cop every now and then, doesn't mean that all killers and robbers should be let scott free, because "justice is unfair - they don't punish everyone".

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat insisted Friday that his government has to stay on to carry out three important missions.

First, his government would have to hold the royal cremation for HRH Princess Galyani Vadhana from November 14 to 19. And on November 20, there will be a ceremony for setting up a tiered umbrella to honour the late princess.

Second, his government would have to hold a grand celebration on the occasion of His Majesty the King's birthday in December.

Somchai said the third event was important for Thailand's image in the eyes of the International Community. He said Thais should be united to support the government in holding the Asean Summit in December. He said the entire world was watching whether Thailand could hold the event smoothly or not.

-- The Nation 2008-10-17

How the Thai baht can remain so strong against other currencies is one of the most amazing wonders of the modern world.

The country is a shambles with the Gov paralysed for how long now ? I am going to email Oz Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd, tonight and tell him the secret to a strong currency is chaos. Maybe Aus can attack New Guinea or NZ. Does the curent PM really believe the rest of the world looks upon Thailand as a country to be admired.

I also believed that the markets hated uncertainty - there is certainly 'uncertainty' here with abundance so just how does the Thai Baht remain so strong.

-- The Nation 2008-10-17

Without heavy support, i really dont see the fundamentals for the Baht to be the most resilient currency in the world considering what is happening here on all fronts.

Agree with you, compare to the beating the AUD took (coming from of the best managed and ressourceful country in the world ???)

As long as Mr. T as his cash (frozen) here the baht will stay strong also for the good reason that it gives the chance for the heavy weight to move theirs abroad.

What's next for the Baht ... ?? and for the country ... A Korean scenario ?... most likely (considering the manufacturing excellence of Korea and comparing it to Thailand which relies heavily on fading tourism and not so much value added exports .. i just wonder)

Please forward me yr email to Mr. Rudd ... and hang on to the AUD ...!!

Unbelievable. :D

Still full pro 'PAD' (Payed Anti Democrats :D ). Mass slaughter my ass. Read the new BP forum. Interesting what the majority thinks about the 'BP' and 'N'. Because that is where you get your info from. Or you use your 'own intelligence'. :D Responsibility . Why you don't ask the so called PAD leaders. Or did their brain washing worked with you ?? (not likely because you cannot wash what does not exist :o ).

Not willing to accept responsibility for his actions. No surprise there. After all his own brother-in-law never bothered to face up to his mass slaughter

Still full pro 'PAD' (Payed Anti Democrats :D ). Mass slaughter my ass. Read the new BP forum. Interesting what the majority thinks about the 'BP' and 'N'. Because that is where you get your info from. Or you use your 'own intelligence'. :D Responsibility . Why you don't ask the so called PAD leaders. Or did their brain washing worked with you ?? (not likely because you cannot wash what does not exist :o ).

Not willing to accept responsibility for his actions. No surprise there. After all his own brother-in-law never bothered to face up to his mass slaughter

PAD supporters are not paid....telling these lies again and again does not make it true

I believe the PAD to be worse. It's very simple IMO, the PAD clearly espouses fascist ideology.

So the PAD are a fascist totalitarian movement, whereas the TRT/PPP/DAAD merely gas people or blow their limbs off, on the streets of Bangkok. That's a very subtle difference, so narrow in my opinion, as to be invisible. :o

Says it all, really. :D

And I too find the strength of the Baht very difficult to understand, the BoT must be buying Baht like crazy to keep it so strong, with mobs (of both sides) on the streets & a potential border-war flaring up. On whose instructions ? Well the government takes its orders from London, where there is a certain person, who still hopes to change a large sum of Baht into foreign-currencies, probably Bahamian going by his latest rumoured passport.

In a few months time, when the Baht slumps and the BoT & country lose-out, remember whose interests were being served. :D

I believe the PAD to be worse. It's very simple IMO, the PAD clearly espouses fascist ideology.

So the PAD are a fascist totalitarian movement, whereas the TRT/PPP/DAAD merely gas people or blow their limbs off, on the streets of Bangkok. That's a very subtle difference, so narrow in my opinion, as to be invisible. :o

And I too find the strength of the Baht very difficult to understand, the BoT must be buying Baht like crazy to keep it so strong, with mobs (of both sides) on the streets & a potential border-war flaring up. On whose instructions ? Well the government takes its orders from London, where there is a certain person, who still hopes to change a large sum of Baht into foreign-currencies, probably Bahamian going by his latest rumoured passport.

In a few months time, when the Baht slumps and the BoT & country lose-out, remember whose interests were being served. :D

Not sure, watch the European and US, Japanese news. Maybe the Baht is falling fast, but all the others as well, so relative everything remains the same...

Not sure, watch the European and US, Japanese news. Maybe the Baht is falling fast, but all the others as well, so relative everything remains the same...

THE BAHT IS FALLING FAST ???!!! ... we are not watching the same screen !

22 to the AUD

46 to the EUR

34.10 to the USD

what fundamentals has thailand (except their exceptionnal transparent governance...) to maintain this ?? very strange indeed

Yeah, that is why 2 parties were dissolved and the PPP is most likely awaiting that same result.

sorry jas ... you can't be buying votes and call it a fair or democratic election. period. full stop.

Jd they all vote buy - the lot of them are cheats! The EC / army were desperate to ban as many PPP as possible, but they still fairly won and took control. You cannot deny that. I hate the PPP cheats, but I still see who the Thais voted for and will next time too.

Which is precisely the reason that things need to change. I don't agree with the way Taksin or the PPP came to power, nor do I agree with the PAD, but it is clear that the democratic mechanisms in thailand are under severe pressure (their credibility, anyway).

Democracy is an imperfect system, but it's the best one that has been tried. The key to making democracy effective is education. You can't have democracy when people voting do not understand what they are voting for - so to make democracy more effective you need to measure peoples understanding of the issues.

In the UK, until fairly recently, there were a lot of disenfranchised groups. Democracy evolved, it was not a 'big bang'. The west seems sometimes to want to 'impose' democracy on countries that are not ready for it.

Sorry, no solutions, only questions...

Still full pro 'PAD' (Payed Anti Democrats :o ). Mass slaughter my ass. Read the new BP forum. Interesting what the majority thinks about the 'BP' and 'N'. Because that is where you get your info from. Or you use your 'own intelligence'. :D Responsibility . Why you don't ask the so called PAD leaders. Or did their brain washing worked with you ??

Hmmmm.. did you have an intense brain wash sit in with "The Master"?

or did you really made all this up yourself?

for some I think it's time to get a Jedi Knight in ...

Some resist the easiest and most logical input and will insist that the clear blue skies are dark Grey!

It's life....that's all, but on my behalf I am pretty happy that the lord has bestowed me with just a grain of logic and wider understanding!

But then, it's weekend - who cares whatever this Government as is ans it's scheme won't survive and Mr.Toxic won't make it back soon!

Sorry, mate!

Edited by Samuian

No, I'm not.

They, PPP and PAD, are both extreme parties and both are not Farrang or even human friendly at all.

The only point they do not agree about is, who should run (ruin) the country.

Anyway this country is run by the Chinese not the Thai, that's for sure.

Most of those in parlement have less Thai DNA, after many generations, than my children with my Thai wife.

They just use the old technic that worked all over the world, you keep them poor (religion) and I keep them stupid (education).

two things about this post ... there seems to be very little evidence that any significant number of PAD protesters are getting paid (though a few people claim that some are)

and can anyone interpret the rest for me?