Where Is Gold Going In This Market

Peter Schiff: Panic Out of the Dollar Could Send Gold Above $10,000

July 1, 2011 Peter Schiff today called for gold to eventually reach levels NORTH of $10,000 (seems suddenly a popular target after Jim Sinclair upped his $1650 call to $12,500 recently), as well as stating that silver has bottomed in the lower $30′s.

Schiff is looking for $50 to soon be the new $30 for silver- meaning people will soon be waiting for a dip back to $50 to accumulate physical silver.

http://www.silverdoc...old-above-10000

July 1, 2011 cheesy.gif

Strange I can't see Midas quoting that July 1, 2011 article.

strange that anybody thinks that Midas quoted that July 1, 2011 article when Naam quoted it.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naam

• flying

• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think that targets still perfectly possible.

Silly sad dreams.

No Not a dream at all , because if it did reach such highs it would be from a currency collapse type senario and my income in £ would be practically worthless and most of my UK capital drop value by at least 90%. Any gold as a hedge would keep me going or maybe provide some opportunity small options but result in my spending capital, when i find it much better to spend and save from income alone. The scenario would be so extreme its hard to know what would happen. Not something I'm hoping for at all; but a serious risk none the less and is why I'll be aquiring more silver and gold over the coming months. I'm currently in the process of selling aproximately two thirds (by capital value) of my UK property; leaving only the highest rental yields and mortgage leveraged places remaining.

I see 2500-3000 as quite probable by 2015/16 in a managed way to allow miners some profits and to keep them digging the stuff up. Slowly introducing it as capital in to the monetary system and allowing an orderly price inflation is more of a dream for me.

But who knows; Maybe the Bancor backed by err member government paper promises will trick the world with fantom air again, but some how I doubt the Chinese etc will bend to the western banking mafias will like our sham bought democracies have done.

GoldBugs: People who bought gold before the big run up.

Contrarians: People who failed to buy before the big run up and now annoyed at the goldbugs discussing it.

From here It could go either way but there is serious talk about the the US getting closer to zero hour where the USD is concerned and it's footing in the world.

I found the best way to buy gold here in SE Asia is buy it in paper form (I know this is not very well thought of in most), we bought a total of 4 kgs over a price period of 550 USD a troy oz to 630 USD a troy oz all one kg paper certificates each time and then have just set back and watched. Still watching.

We bought at UOB in Singapore, they are either the number 1 or 2 rated bank in Singers and they have stood behind their word in all transactions we have had with them. We also bought 1300 oz of Silver at prices between 11 and 13 USD a troy oz. but with UOB bank taking away a few oz each year as a storage charge it has proably dwindled a little ot around 1250 troy ounces now.

What a sweet message. Gold bugs are those who tell you to buy gold when it is going up, down, round and around. And then only want to talk about the good times as they are selling a BS story of safe harbour. Quelle surprise!

As stock markets saw the biggest drop of 2013 and gold did ok …..is this what all of us can expect in due course ?

Argentina tries freezing prices to break 30 percent annual inflation spiral

Argentina announced a two-month price freeze on supermarket products Monday in an effort to stop spiraling inflation.

The price freeze applies to every product in all of the nation’s largest supermarkets — a group including Walmart, Carrefour, Coto, Jumbo, Disco and other large chains. The companies’ trade group, representing 70 percent of the Argentine supermarket sector, reached the accord with Commerce Secretary Guillermo Moreno, the government’s news agency Telam reported.

Edited by midas

What a sweet message. Gold bugs are those who tell you to buy gold when it is going up, down, round and around. And then only want to talk about the good times as they are selling a BS story of safe harbour. Quelle surprise!

I have kicked myself in my ass because I could folllowup, fly over SIngers and sell the paper gold when it was around 1900 an ounce but by then I was back home from a 4 month stay at Gleneagles Singapore with a broken back and when I flew back home it was still so bad the doctors recommended my insurance company medi-vac me back to Jakarta and I thought they may draw the line on medi-vac back to Singers to sell my paper gold. but Se leve.

fly over SIngers and sell the paper gold

you have to fly to "Singers" in order to sell your paper gold? hmmm... ermm.gif

Yes it is issued in paper form by UOB with my name on it only I can sell it back to them and I have to be present to do it but it is much better security than buying it any other way except a physical purchase in SE Asia that I know of. Of course I could be worng and if you know of another way I am all ears. http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/investments/treasury/precious_metals.html

Yes it is issued in paper form by UOB with my name on it only I can sell it back to them and I have to be present to do it but it is much better security than buying it any other way except a physical purchase in SE Asia that I know of. Of course I could be worng and if you know of another way I am all ears. http://www.uob.com.s...ous_metals.html

i don't doubt the fact you stated but i am wondering why anybody would select such a bothersome investment method to own gold (except SG residents).

Yes it is issued in paper form by UOB with my name on it only I can sell it back to them and I have to be present to do it but it is much better security than buying it any other way except a physical purchase in SE Asia that I know of. Of course I could be worng and if you know of another way I am all ears. http://www.uob.com.s...ous_metals.html

i don't doubt the fact you stated but i am wondering why anybody would select such a bothersome investment method to own gold (except SG residents).

You do make a good point but living in Jakarta and not wanting to hold phyical gold and not wanting to trust a wall street jerkoff to do the right thing then I did not feel I had any other way to make the investment. Only other option was too buy physical and store it in our safety deposit box but even then you have to go to the trouble of buying and transporting to Jakarta or buying in Jakata and I did not feel very comfortable with either of these options. Back when I bought I did explore other options but none were that secure except physically holding the paper backed up by a world class bank in Singapore.

Sorry I forgot, how would you invest in it?

any paper denominated asset with the possibility to sell by phone or e-mail instruction.

Sounds like a dream come true, any recommendations or knowledge of such gold and silver based investments that is backed up by reliable trustworthy people?

any paper denominated asset with the possibility to sell by phone or e-mail instruction.

Sounds like a dream come true, any recommendations or knowledge of such gold and silver based investments that is backed up by reliable trustworthy people?

may i assume that you consider UOB, Singapore trustworthy? if yes, i am sure they can (like most big banks in SG) offer you dozens of different possibilities to invest in paper gold.

may i assume that you consider UOB, Singapore trustworthy? if yes, i am sure they can (like most big banks in SG) offer you dozens of different possibilities to invest in paper gold.

Nope I asked, they are afraid of fraud so the only way is to present your certificate and youself in person that is it.

Nope I asked, they are afraid of fraud so the only way is to present your certificate and youself in person that is it.

that applies to your present method only! i am talking of opening an account and buy/sell any available paper gold you please.

Time to buy the hui ... ! w00t.gif

Come on Naam get your cash out, sell some carpets and get the market moving up ... Buy at the bottom ..

unless you believe Gold is not going to respond .....

Monetary Base Breaking Out! Will Gold Prices Follow?

http://www.safehaven.com/article/28625/monetary-base-breaking-out-will-gold-prices-follow

HUI Miner's Index - We've Seen This Before, Too

http://thetsitrader.blogspot.com/2013/02/hui-miners-index-weve-seen-this-before.html smile.png

that applies to your present method only! i am talking of opening an account and buy/sell any available paper gold you please.

Unless they have changed their policy the only way you could buy gold at UOB is via paper cert, physical or opening a passbook account like a bank passbook and purchase it that way and the only way to sell is do it physically.

goldcert-2.jpg

Time to buy the hui ... ! w00t.gif

Come on Naam get your cash out, sell some carpets and get the market moving up ... Buy at the bottom ..

unless you believe Gold is not going to respond .....

Monetary Base Breaking Out! Will Gold Prices Follow?

http://www.safehaven...d-prices-follow

HUI Miner's Index - We've Seen This Before, Too

http://thetsitrader....his-before.html smile.png

I beleive on thing is for sure sooner rather than later: dollarbill.jpg

Naam in Singapore, UOB is the only bank selling gold and silver, not saying you cannot buy it another way but they guarantee what they sell.

UOB was the only bank allowed to sell physical gold bullion in Singapore. this has changed since oct 2012 when Singapore lifted the GST on bullion. gold jewelry was of course always available in shops.

p.s. i have been trading paper gold with two banks in Singapore since years!

Edited by Naam

Naam in Singapore, UOB is the only bank selling gold and silver, not saying you cannot buy it another way but they guarantee what they sell.

UOB was the only bank allowed to sell physical gold bullion in Singapore. this has changed since oct 2012 when Singapore lifted the GST on bullion. gold jewelry was of course always available in shops.

Ok news to me about the GST for locals on gold and silver purchases but that was always unfair. Since we are not citizens of Singers we had our GST fully refunded direct to our UOB SGD account.

So if either of these two new banks let someone buy paper gold and sell via a phone call care to give some info about this, if you do not want to say here just PM me if you don't mind.

I beleive what is really putting a squeeze on gold is Germany demanding the return of all of their stored gold sitting in the US and France. Even though it belongs to Germany some are wondering if it is still there.

Edited by Thailand Bound

I beleive what is really putting a squeeze on gold is Germany demanding the return of all of their stored gold sitting in the US and France. Even though it belongs to Germany some are wondering if it is still there.

What you believe is made up nonsense.