Cha-am Hotel

Sarge

I'm planning to spend a few days by the sea in Cha-Am with wife and young baby daughter, mid January next year. I like the look of this hotel: Long Beach Cha-Am. Has anyone stayed there, ideally at that time of the year? I'll be driving all the way from Mahasarakham (overnight stop in Korat), yeah it's a helluva of a drive but it's a good way to see Thailand. What I'm after is relaxed family resort by the beach. I welcome any other suggestion

cheerio

I can't comment on the Long Beach, but you may want to check out Baan Pantai Hotel & Resort. It's more centrally located than the long beach and has a nice layout. From the people I have spoken to they always give it a good report.

Long Beach is used a lot for conventions, meetings etc. I never stayed in, but it's probably good value for money. It is at the north of Cha-Am beach but still in Cha-Am town and close to everything. There is some construction work going on at the moment, but I guess it would be finished by January.

Baan Pantai is much nicer (large swimming pool) but also more expensive. It is in between Cha-Am south and Cha-Am north, so it can't get more central. It's probably the best hotel in Cha-Am town.

There are many other hotels depending on your budget and the location. You can check www.onlychaam.com for more information.