Oscar De La Hoya Versus Manny Pacquiao

stats

i thiink its a 50-50 fight. Pacman might be smaller and orscar might be bigger and i think the fight can go both way .

Some says its a missmatch and some says its a dream match . only 6 december will be the answer to all this. :o

The big battle over the weekend; brains/experience/training beat youth/reputation.

The Executioner is the man right now ;-)

Golden Boy, you'd think he'd be too big too much power to lose; if he can train and get focused I'd be picking him to win, but it could go the distance, the little bloke is pretty wilely, just might not be able to get the power to do enough IMHO.

Should be a great fight. Manny is almost 30 and Oscar close to 36. There will be a size difference 4 inches in height to the golden boy plus a few lbs. Oscar started his career atsuper featherweight and moved up through the years. Manny has been KO only twice (both in the 3rd round) so if Oscar can get him early I think he may go to sleep, past 5rds I will say Manny by decision

WHO REALLY CARES, GREAT FIGHT TO WATCH

a good big un should always beat a good little un! im going for De la hoya he should be too big and strong for Paquiao

That is my view. As good as Manny is, at some point his going up in weight again and again will catch up with him. Against De La Hoya, I think this will be the time.

It's a total mismatch. Oscar enjoys an overwhelming height and reach advantage, and has long been fighting at 160-170 lbs. while Pac just recently came up to 135 lbs. to fight David Diaz.

Oscar should be fighting guys his own size like Antonio Margarito! or Cotto. Oscar handpicks a li'l guy 4" smaller and 40 lbs lighter, albeit a marquee name, smothers him with a 10m $ purse to get him to agree to be his walking punching bag and look good in his farewell fight!

Boxing fans knows it's a farce. But gotta agree that it'll be a huge sell, could easily breach 1mio PPV buys.

Oscar by brutal KO in 6.

next,

Hatton vs Pacquiao anyone?

Edited by ai kwaan

It's a total mismatch. Oscar enjoys an overwhelming height and reach advantage, and has long been fighting at 160-170 lbs. while Pac just recently came up to 135 lbs. to fight David Diaz.

Oscar should be fighting guys his own size like Antonio Margarito! or Cotto. Oscar handpicks a li'l guy 4" smaller and 40 lbs lighter, albeit a marquee name, smothers him with a 10m $ purse to get him to agree to be his walking punching bag and look good in his farewell fight!

Boxing fans knows it's a farce. But gotta agree that it'll be a huge sell, could easily breach 1mio PPV buys.

Oscar by brutal KO in 6.

next,

Hatton vs Pacquiao anyone?

Actually, I think Oscar will carry Manny for awhile. He is now a promoter more than a fighter and he will want to make sure that the fans get their money's worth. I am looking for a TKO in the 9th. Still, we both totally agree on the outcome.

I love Manny but Oscar is too big and is still a great fighter. He will be too much from him, but I would not be surprised if Manny did win, because he is also a great fight and his heart is not matched, we need more fighters like Manny who will take on anyone.

But my money would be on Oscar

• 4 weeks later...
I heard some people saying it will be on Thai Channel 9 too ? Anyone can confirm ?

It is listed on my PVR schedule at 9AM, which normally means around 9:15 am (don't get frustrated if it isn't exactly at 9Am). That is for the undercard.

I see De La Hoya by a late TKO, as he has the reach and I think can take Manny's shots, given Manny is again stepping up in weight. Going to be a good fight. Hopefully, no head butts ending it early.