Expats In Buriram (and Surrounds)

torrenova

I've been here in Buriram a while, though on and off and I just wondered after reading some comments on threads here just how many of us there are in the area.

So if anyone wants to own up to living here and perhaps meeting for a beer some day please post up or PM if you would rather.

Thanks

I've been here in Buriram a while, though on and off and I just wondered after reading some comments on threads here just how many of us there are in the area.

So if anyone wants to own up to living here and perhaps meeting for a beer some day please post up or PM if you would rather.

Thanks

Yes !

Buriram is one of the biggest provinces in Thailand.

I can understand if you feel lost now and then.

I live in the northernmost county (I do not know how to spell ampeur in english) Napho with my house next to the police station. I have lived here the last 2 1/2 years and before that a couple of years in Hua Hin. But I do not play any golf and I have no buisness in Thailand and the beach was not that easy to access and with a lot of jelly fish in the water. I did not like it.

We (me and my thai wife) decided to settle in her home village instead. It is OK but maybe a little bit far away. Today with Big C and MAKRO in Buriram and with immigration and all other shopping in Korat I have no problems.

I go for regular medical checkup at the private hospital in Buriram and have had the same doctor for these years. If there is any emergancy I can use the local hospital in Napho. My neighbour is the director of that this hospital. I guess if there is some problem they will ship me away with ambulance to Buriram as soon as possible. They do not want to have any problems with a diseased farang here. Too many papers and too much red tape.

I have a house (well the wife does) about 20 km South of Buriram. I've not really settled there yet, as I'm working in Singapore. I visit fairly often and will be there this week: Sat thr' Weds (Monday is Deepvali).

So, if anyone fancies meeting-up in Buriram for a drink, then I'll be available for selection. I usually drink in the Bamboo bar.

Londo (Simon)

I am not from Buriram, but from the "(south) eastern surroundings" :D

If you all make it into a Buriram gathering/pissup ......................... I might leave my (wife's) castle for a day (or2), and head up to meet some of you guys :o:D

Sunday, or Monday, or Tuesday afternoon / evening would be OK for me.

As I mentioned before, when I venture into town I tend to drink in the Bamboo bar as I like the food there and the BBC / CNN on the TV, plus I prefer the ambience of sitting outside. I often go there for breakfast as well (sorry if this sounds like advertising).

I'm willing to meet somewhere else for a few drinks and a natter though.

Londo

Friday 10/24 noon at the Bamboo Bar is about as good as anywhere,

I will be there for some beer and lunch, hope to see some of u there :o .

Sounds good to me Ron.

How can I find the Bamboo Bar or will I have to employ a seasoned navigator like TBWG?

Dave

I will be there for some beer and lunch, hope to see some of u there :D .

Hi Ron

See you there ... mines a bottle of Acha. I'm cheap! :o

TBWG :D

I will be there for some beer and lunch, hope to see some of u there :D .

Sounds good to me Ron.

How can I find the Bamboo Bar or will I have to employ a seasoned navigator like TBWG?

Dave

Hi DTD

If you want to call in at Satuk I can lead the way or meet at Buriram airport perhaps? up to you!

You have more faith in my navigational skills than I do :o It has been known for me to be unable to find my way out of a multistory carpark! :D

TBWG :D

I will be there for some beer and lunch, hope to see some of u there :P .

Sounds good to me Ron.

Dave

Hi DTD

If you want to call in at Satuk I can lead the way? up to you!

You have more faith in my navigational skills than I do :o It has been known for me to be unable to find my way out of a multistory carpark! :D

TBWG :(

OK TWBG

I'll come to Satuk so that you can 'guide me' there and I suppose I will have to 'guide you' HOME :D:D:D

:D

DtheD

Actually missed my flight to Bangkok today as the road to the airport was blocked and then miles of slow moving vehicles. I'd left it rather fine but never had problems before. So I'm rebooked for Saturday.

Sorry to say I won't be able to join on Friday at Bamboo due to their cashier admitting she had added items to my bill which were not ordered and their management deciding to keep the bill padding thief and sack me rather than the other way around. Pity as I like the bar but will not be robbed or patronise a place where the cashier openly admits she is a thief and is trying to rob you.

Actually missed my flight to Bangkok today as the road to the airport was blocked and then miles of slow moving vehicles. I'd left it rather fine but never had problems before. So I'm rebooked for Saturday.

Sorry to say I won't be able to join on Friday at Bamboo due to their cashier admitting she had added items to my bill which were not ordered and their management deciding to keep the bill padding thief and sack me rather than the other way around. Pity as I like the bar but will not be robbed or patronise a place where the cashier openly admits she is a thief and is trying to rob you.

The road ton Changi airport was blocked ?

Missed your flight to Thailand - nightmare !

I'm flying tonight with Jetstar after many good experiences with Thai Air (this time the price differential was too good to ignore). I guess I'll be at the airport 3 hrs before departure, rather than the usual 2.

I have heard some bad press re The Bamboo bar, but I will continue to go there. A few visits ago, I was told that a number of the local guys were boycotting the place but I wasn't sure why. I'm surprised at the bill padding story though.

I'll have a difficult decision on Friday afternoon - go for a drink or go straight home to re-acquaint myself with the wife (so to speak). Maybe its not that difficult a decision :o .

Sorry I mean I missed my flight from Buriram to Bangkok ! Got to pay Bt500 to reschedule.

I understand some guys are boycotting the Sawatdee Krap bar at Sala Loy for some reason. I hear it is a misunderstanding but they seem to be spending more time at Vinyl on the other side of the water.

I like the Bamboo Bar and thought the staff ok. Spent quit a lot of money there on myself and with friends and family but was shocked to see food items not ordered and drinks for staff not requested nor served on the bill and even more astounded when the cashier admitted that she (or they - doesn't matter) were deliberately trying to rob me. This despite knowing that I've had similar businesses for years.

The owner was out of town but I said I'd give them 7 days to fire her or I would never go back. The owner chose to retain his thieving staff so they cannot expect to see me in there ever again. It is a pity as it is probably the best place out of a very very poor selection for a drink and something to eat along the western lines. Now I'd rather go somewhere that doesn't cheap or rob or not bother.

The road ton Changi airport was blocked ?

Changi ? I was going to the airport in Buriram to fly to Bangkok, not from Singapore.

I was late, the heavens opened, loads of trucks and couldn't overtake. Then some slowdown and stop for some problem with agricultural vehicles or something. All my fault as I would usually have been going an hour earlier. On the next flight n Saturday.

quote name='torrenova' post='2284762' date='2008-10-20 15:38:22']I've been here in Buriram a while, though on and off and I just wondered after reading some comments on threads here just how many of us there are in the area.

Thanks

Well you Buriramites, I shall call your bluff, you are invited to my 60th birthday celebrations, Refer to attachment...................I look forward to having a beer and perhaps you can own up to living in the very best province of Thailand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give me a result!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RayBan :o

post-17773-1224785593_thumb.jpg

my_60th.tif

post-17773-1224785593_thumb.jpg

Edited by RayBan

Hi Ray

Hope you're keeping well. 60, wow, who would have thunk it.

Where is the Timeout btw.

Yo Thad, long time no see, hope that will be remedied on 1st November!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ludo has a website with a map etc ........ TimeOut Fishing Park Website .....................however the last couple of days the link has been down. I have also therefore included my own personal map of where my home is and this also shows TimeOut location.

post-17773-1224845774_thumb.jpg

Hope this helps.................. :o RayBan

Edited re map update

post-17773-1224844666_thumb.jpg

Edited by RayBan