Screen Goes Black

xwteee

This morning I had a problem with my computer which I haven't seen before : automatically the screen goes black and then Windows is starting up again. It happened 4 to 5 times. Is this a technical computer problem or an internet connection/modem related problem ? I couldn't see anything strange on the modem, all the lights were on as usual. By the way, I have a TOT package.

This morning I had a problem with my computer which I haven't seen before : automatically the screen goes black and then Windows is starting up again. It happened 4 to 5 times. Is this a technical computer problem or an internet connection/modem related problem ? I couldn't see anything strange on the modem, all the lights were on as usual. By the way, I have a TOT package.

Looks like your computer is infected.

Download CureIt from http://www.freedrweb.com and run first the Express Scan and after that start your computer in Safe Mode and rune a Full Scan again.

That procedure will take some time but maybe it helps.

Cheers.

A classic stupid mistake : after the technician who came to my room had received his 300 Baht, without being able to solve the problem, I was in the process of bringing my computer to a repair shop. Already having unplugged most wires, I noticed that a big plug which connects the computer with the UPS felt rather loose. I decided to give it another try and yes indeed, the loose plug had been the cause of the problem.