Status And Financial Relationship In Thailand

drronnie

Look at it this way mate (preparing for more wrath), if Thai fems weren't looking to you partly for financial security - they would have married / dated a Thai male.

I don't see too many farangs driving around in a Benz, I see plenty of Thais driving a benz.

Most Farangs ain't got a pot to pizz in........

Once Thai women cotton on to that fact, the days of the desirable fat smelly farang will be over.

You are right about one thing mate, most farangs in Benzes have some Thai like you driving us.

James, Maigo has a valid point here.....it's true. In Phuket alone Thai Benz owners outgun foreigners in great numbers, at least according to my friend who works for Phuket Benz.

Noted. But I would point out that in Hong Kong, Chinese Benz owners outnumber farang owners as well. Could it be that there are more of them there (here) than farangs? :o

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at it this way mate (preparing for more wrath), if Thai fems weren't looking to you partly for financial security - they would have married / dated a Thai male.

I don't see too many farangs driving around in a Benz, I see plenty of Thais driving a benz.

Once Thai women cotton on to that fact, the days of the desirable fat smelly farang will be over.

You are right about one thing mate, most farangs in Benzes have some Thai like you driving us.

James, Maigo has a valid point here.....it's true. In Phuket alone Thai Benz owners outgun foreigners in great numbers, at least according to my friend who works for Phuket Benz.

Cro Biker...shhhhhhhh

People like James actually believe they are still colonising the world..... :D

I loove to see people like that bowing and grovelling to Thai people when it comes round to Visa time. :o:D:D

Cro Biker...shhhhhhhh

I loove to see people like that bowing and grovelling to Thai people when it comes round to Visa time. :o:D:D

ok poo yai, you win. I give up. no sense in beating a dead horse but does beg the question. what pray tell is a fine upstanding citizen of this country doing spending his time arguing with farangs? Could it be you lost your gal to one or better yet, you just fear you will?

Cro Biker...shhhhhhhh

ok poo yai, you win. I give up. no sense in beating a dead horse but does beg the question. what pray tell is a fine upstanding citizen of this country doing spending his time arguing with farangs? Could it be you lost your gal to one or better yet, you just fear you will?

She ain't into fat guys.

Are you sure that these Benzes are bought cash? and secondly farangs are usually less into stauts symbols

Of course there are. There are alot more well-off Thais in Thailand than there are farangs. Add to the fact that many farangs here choose not to drive, and that skews it even more.

If you average out the net-worth of farangs in Thailand and all Thais, you will find out that the farangs have a higher net-worth, I am betting.  Couple that with the fact that most high-net-worth Thai men are very selective in which type of women with whom they will socialize, and for many women who do not consider themselve "top tier," if they are looking for a relationship which offers them financial security, a farang makes a likely target.

Of course there are. There are alot more well-off Thais in Thailand than there are farangs. Add to the fact that many farangs here choose not to drive, and that skews it even more.

If you average out the net-worth of farangs in Thailand and all Thais, you will find out that the farangs have a higher net-worth, I am betting. Couple that with the fact that most high-net-worth Thai men are very selective in which type of women with whom they will socialize, and for many women who do not consider themselve "top tier," if they are looking for a relationship which offers them financial security, a farang makes a likely target.

What to you mean by a "top tier" woman and why would they not want a farang guy. I heard many Thai women say that Farangs are gentle men and do not treat women like commodities.

If you average out the net-worth of farangs in Thailand and all Thais, you will find out that the farangs have a higher net-worth, I am betting. Couple that with the fact that most high-net-worth Thai men are very selective in which type of women with whom they will socialize, and for many women who do not consider themselve "top tier," if they are looking for a relationship which offers them financial security, a farang makes a likely target.

What to you mean by a "top tier" woman and why would they not want a farang guy. I heard many Thai women say that Farangs are gentle men and do not treat women like commodities.

I personally don't buy into the hi-so or "top tier" mentality, as I wrote it, hence the quotation marks. But I meet many, many women who consider my Thai friends out of their social reach. They somehow do not think they are worthy of a hi-so man. I think this is a sad commentary, but just because I feel that way does not negate that they feel that way.

And of course, many so-called hi-so women do like farang men for a variety of reasons.  Heck, even a member of the royal family married a farang, and you don't get any higher on the social ladder than that. Just like men, women are attracted to the opposite sex for a variety of reasons.

But for women who are seeking financial security as a primary characterstic in a potential match, if they have the self-confidence and consider themselves "top tier," the vast majority, in my humble opinion, would gravitate towards a fellow Thai.

:o

Go6 is under the impression that a "Benz" is a real status symbol and it just aint so... they are common as dirt and not that pricey for the models commonly sold in Thailand.

The Bently just up my street coupled with the 6 other IMPORTED vehicles they own ... would suggest that the Japanese are the ones with the bucks ... Then there's that guy in View Taley in Jomtien, apparently he has the cash etc etc

Go6 also fails to recognize that most farang here KNOW that they are outside of the society status thing and therefore have no need to "keep up with the somchais"

But basically Go6 is just winding you up, whilst dreaming of actually being able to live in Thailand year round and not work :D

But basically Go6 is just winding you up, whilst dreaming of actually being able to live in Thailand year round and not work :D

hahaha....

Yeah, I wish I was an English teacher, living in a fan room surviving on boiled egg sandwiches. :o

Noted. But I would point out that in Hong Kong, Chinese Benz owners outnumber farang owners as well. Could it be that there are more of them there (here) than farangs? :o

I get your point, let me be more specific:

compare what foreigners drive in Hong Kong, Singapore and to some extent Malaysia with foreigners here. On their expat forums there are hardly any discussions to Honda Jazz, 110cc motorcycles or where to buy cheapest set of sandals.

Status symbol or not, it is only human to desire to own nice things starting from designer clothes to exotic cars, villas and yachts.

I never seen farang bum in those 3 countries yet in Thailand they are all over the place. It is undisputable that Thailand attracts lots of undesirable foreign elements. That doesn't mean we don't have some really affluent folks here, both in educational and financial terms. However they are really in small numbers compared to 3 countries I just mentioned.

I personally don't buy into the hi-so or "top tier" mentality, as I wrote it, hence the quotation marks. But I meet many, many women who consider my Thai friends out of their social reach. They somehow do not think they are worthy of a hi-so man. I think this is a sad commentary, but just because I feel that way does not negate that they feel that way.

And of course, many so-called hi-so women do like farang men for a variety of reasons. Heck, even a member of the royal family married a farang, and you don't get any higher on the social ladder than that. Just like men, women are attracted to the opposite sex for a variety of reasons.

But for women who are seeking financial security as a primary characterstic in a potential match, if they have the self-confidence and consider themselves "top tier," the vast majority, in my humble opinion, would gravitate towards a fellow Thai.

I tend to agree with your observations. As a matter of fact many of the "top tier" women go for the rich Thai Chinese men and not so much to us foreigners and much less to the ordinary working Thai men. Certainly there are some "top tier" women who are attracted to farangs who are young, good looking and successful.

hahaha....

Yeah, I wish I was an English teacher, living in a fan room surviving on boiled egg sandwiches. :o

Reading skills not up to par yet, Go6?

Certainly there are some "top tier" women who are attracted to farangs who are young, good looking and successful.

Or members of ThaiVisa according to the ammount of Farangs here who are married to rich women from influential families.

Well that's what they say, and who am I to disbelieve posts on an anonymous internet forum. :o

Certainly there are some "top tier" women who are attracted to farangs who are young, good looking and successful.

Or members of ThaiVisa according to the ammount of Farangs here who are married to rich women from influential families.

Well that's what they say, and who am I to disbelieve posts on an anonymous internet forum. :o

I appreciate your post, but what are you trying to tell us?

I'm absolutely thrilled that you appreciate my post, but I fail to see what is so confusing about the jist of my post.

What is that you find so difficult to comprehend ?

And of course, many so-called hi-so women do like farang men for a variety of reasons. Heck, even a member of the royal family married a farang, and you don't get any higher on the social ladder than that. Just like men, women are attracted to the opposite sex for a variety of reasons.

I tend to agree with your observations. As a matter of fact many of the "top tier" women go for the rich Thai Chinese men and not so much to us foreigners and much less to the ordinary working Thai men. Certainly there are some "top tier" women who are attracted to farangs who are young, good looking and successful.

appears that some of the liberated,westernized hi-so thai women sometimes do go for an average income farang, say, over a thai men of their own social class.......it's down to compatibility factor, not financial....................but, is a big BUT that these relationships are rare.......very rare as compare to inter hi-so thai marriages.......

seems some people are making it out like it is a trend.......trend it is not.... :o

I'm absolutely thrilled that you appreciate my post, but I fail to see what is so confusing about the jist of my post.

What is that you find so difficult to comprehend ?

No problemo Mr. Sentenza!

appears that some of the liberated,westernized hi-so thai women sometimes do go for an average income farang, say, over a thai men of their own social class.......it's down to compatibility factor, not financial....................but, is a big BUT that these relationships are rare.......very rare as compare to inter hi-so thai marriages.......

seems some people are making it out like it is a trend.......trend it is not.... :o

Being westernized does not mean anything. I know a lot of women in the West who marry up, hardly the other way around.

QUOTE (girlx @ 2008-10-21 18:14:54) *

I think it is more about wanting a guy who can take care of himself rather than one who will take care of us (women). I dated a couple of guys of lower economic status than I am (Thai) and I would never do it again. There is usually a reason they are of lower status, I think- lazy, stupid, unambitious... If the guy works hard it is a point in his favor but bottom line, I am a girl and I see no reason for my having to support a boy- especially since I have worked hard to get where I am and I don't see why they can't. He should be able to support himself like I support myself. I am not materialistic in the least but I prefer money to not be an issue at all.

the two sentences I have bolded contradict each other no Girl x? rolleyes.gif

no not at all- if i date someone at the same economic level as I am, & he can take care of himself just as I can take care of myself- money is never an issue.

Not to belabour the point Ms Leatherface (ok I am), if you won't date someone of lower economic status than you, is that not an issue of money?

Leatherface?!?!? hrmmmm... nah I should clarify that I don't want money to be an issue in a relationship. Not necessarily that is isn't an issue in the selection of a relationship. I would never want a guy to have money so I could skim some of it off for myself, rather I just want a guy who is not a deadbeat and can support himself. I resent someone that I have to support.

They postulate that for some women, it is not the money itself, per se, but rather that money is indicative in our society of a successful individual. They are attracted to the man who is capable, and the money is just an indicator of that. This is also the type of woman who might be attracted to a politician or a religous leader who has no real money, but has exhibited success in his field.

yes i suppose that is part of it too... I like a guy with passion, ambition, intelligence, and who has achieved something with his life. If he were a brilliant writer, musician, artist, I might even be willing to support him for some time as long as he was doing something of value with himself.

Edited by girlx

This seem to be a typical woman according to many posters.

She is asking for financial security and status:

What am I doing wrong?

Okay, I'm tired of beating around the bush. I'm a beautiful

(spectacularly beautiful) 25 year old girl. I'm articulate and classy.

I'm not from New York. I'm looking to get married to a guy who makes at

least half a million a year. I know how that sounds, but keep in mind

that a million a year is middle class in New York City, so I don't think

I'm overreaching at all.

Are there any guys who make 500K or more on this board? Any wives? Could

you send me some tips? I dated a business man who makes average around

200 - 250. But that's where I seem to hit a roadblock. 250,000 won't get

me to central park west. I know a woman in my yoga class who was married

to an investment banker and lives in Tribeca, and she's not as pretty as

I am, nor is she a great genius. So what is she doing right? How do I

get to her level?

Here are my questions specifically:

- Where do you single rich men hang out? Give me specifics- bars,

restaurants, gyms

-What are you looking for in a mate? Be honest guys, you won't hurt my

feelings

-Is there an age range I should be targeting (I'm 25)?

- Why are some of the women living lavish lifestyles on the upper east

side so plain? I've seen really 'plain jane' boring types who have

nothing to offer married to incredibly wealthy guys. I've seen drop dead

gorgeous girls in singles bars in the east village. What's the story

there?

- Jobs I should look out for? Everyone knows - lawyer, investment

banker, doctor. How much do those guys really make? And where do they

hang out? Where do the hedge fund guys hang out?

- How you decide marriage vs. just a girlfriend? I am looking for

MARRIAGE ONLY

Please hold your insults - I'm putting myself out there in an honest

way. Most beautiful women are superficial; at least I'm being up front

about it. I wouldn't be searching for these kind of guys if I wasn't

able to match them - in looks, culture, sophistication, and keeping a

nice home and hearth.

An answer

Dear Pers:

I read your posting with great interest and have thought meaningfully

about your dilemma. I offer the following analysis of your predicament.

Firstly, I'm not wasting your time, I qualify as a guy who fits your

bill; that is I make more than $500K per year. That said here's how I

see it.

Your offer, from the prospective of a guy like me, is plain and simple a

cr@ppy business deal. Here's why. Cutting through all the B.S., what you

suggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks to the party and I bring

my money. Fine, simple. But here's the rub, your looks will fade and my

money will likely continue into perpetuity...in fact, it is very likely

that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won't

be getting any more beautiful!

So, in economic terms you are a depreciating asset and I am an earning

asset. Not only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation

accelerates! Let me explain, you're 25 now and will likely stay pretty

hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year. Then the fade begins in

earnest. By 35 stick a fork in you!

So in Wall Street terms, we would call you a trading position, not a buy

and hold...hence the rub...marriage. It doesn't make good business sense

to "buy you" (which is what you're asking) so I'd rather lease. In case

you think I'm being cruel, I would say the following. If my money were

to go away, so would you, so when your beauty fades I need an out. It's

as simple as that. So a deal that makes sense is dating, not marriage.

Separately, I was taught early in my career about efficient markets. So,

I wonder why a girl as "articulate, classy and spectacularly beautiful"

as you has been unable to find your sugar daddy. I find it hard to

believe that if you are as gorgeous as you say you are that the $500K

hasn't found you, if not only for a tryout.

By the way, you could always find a way to make your own money and then

we wouldn't need to have this difficult conversation.

With all that said, I must say you're going about it the right way.

Classic "pump and dump."

I hope this is helpful, and if you want to enter into some sort of

lease, let me know.

Edited by Lilyjade

Clearly the OP, as well as many subsequent posters, are unfamiliar with the quote of that great American and notorious war criminal Henry the K:

"Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac."

And one can easily substitute 'wealth' for 'power'.

Clearly the OP, as well as many subsequent posters, are unfamiliar with the quote of that great American and notorious war criminal Henry the K:

Thank you bringing up this quote Jopha! This quote fully hits the nail on the head! However aphrodisiacs usually lose their effect after a while and that is the moment when the women start cheating with the poolboy.

Edited by drronnie

Thank you bringing up this quote Jopha! This quote fully hits the nail on the head! However aphrodisiacs usually lose their effect after a while and that is the moment when the women start cheating with the poolboy.

Poolboys in thailand are ugly, skinny, and boring............most cases anyway

Maybe beachboys yeah?......well now your talking!!!

Are U talking to me MiG?

I just got here, and didn't read the whole thread

I wasn't flaming anyone JA ----and I was talking about the Beachboy are more FUN - coz they have more sense of humor, and nothing in any sexual in nature - well from my experience with them anyway. I don't know ...may be because I'm a thai girl, that's why they can be joking around me like they're my brother or something similar to that :o