Ugliest Bike You Ever Seen?

CroBiker

Seeing the thread has been bumped.....my new candidate is -

post-63954-1268018656_thumb.jpg

Because I don't really like scooters and I hate VW combi's! And I am not all that keen on any other VW's either!

Edited by BSJ

I thought the Gladius lives up to its namesake - a short, heavy close quarters weapon. BMW looks purposeful in its Germanic efficiency and Honda Phantom! Oh my, I was so happy to trade in my battered Y125Z for a freshly overhauled and re-chromed TA200 :)

It's not that I didn't like the infamous Cub Prix contender from Malaysia, quite the opposite.

But as I get older (yes, I think being in my twenties is old :D ) I can feel the desire for a durable, custom configured mobile armchair = Honda Phantom :D

There aren't any other worthy contenders for a <200cc cruiser type bike here - well there are Daelims and Bajaj Avengers but I'm not impressed by Korean engines and it'll be foolish to get a rare and unreliable Bajaj product from all the Pulsar horror stories here.

In addition the popular bug-like cubs and racing scooters put me off - they look like Japanese electrical appliances to be used and abused, not a motorcycle I can keep for a decade. I'm not sure how my Y125Z survived 8 years of constant redlining.

Edited by Kalyan

The Ariel Arrow. Must be one of the ugliest production bikes ever made. :)post-41816-1268045017_thumb.jpg

Yep I used to have one, the main engine support bolt would vibrate its way through the frame/tin box, and the exhaust pipes always fell off, in its day it was ok, or you could have gone for the BSA bantam. :D :D

Edited by sometime

I thought the Gladius lives up to its namesake - a short, heavy close quarters weapon. BMW looks purposeful in its Germanic efficiency and Honda Phantom! Oh my, I was so happy to trade in my battered Y125Z for a freshly overhauled and re-chromed TA200 :)

It's not that I didn't like the infamous Cub Prix contender from Malaysia, quite the opposite.

But as I get older (yes, I think being in my twenties is old :D ) I can feel the desire for a durable, custom configured mobile armchair = Honda Phantom :D

There aren't any other worthy contenders for a <200cc cruiser type bike here - well there are Daelims and Bajaj Avengers but I'm not impressed by Korean engines and it'll be foolish to get a rare and unreliable Bajaj product from all the Pulsar horror stories here.

In addition the popular bug-like cubs and racing scooters put me off - they look like Japanese electrical appliances to be used and abused, not a motorcycle I can keep for a decade. I'm not sure how my Y125Z survived 8 years of constant redlining.

No mate dont do it!

As a Singapore biker myself,I see Phantoms all the time, please dont condem yourself to one of these.

You will never forget the shame.

Ariel Arrow I remember it like it was yesterday must have come out in 1959 I was in the forces and I had just bought a Triumph Speed twin.

A chap on the same Squadron bought A Ariel Arrow. We all got posted to another camp. so it was decided to ride to our new posting.

about 6 of us set of in thick Fog with the Arrow in front after a few miles we all decided to Lead the way and the arrow to follow

Visibility improved dramatically. It sure did kick out a smokescreen. And That was a New one :)

I really don't get the massive dislike of the Gladius. Obviously it's not a pretty bike, but it's not THAT different to the ER6n. Compared to the Kawasaki the frame is a bit more like a Ducati, the headlight isn't quite as ugly (it's close though) and the shape of the tank and the seat are a slight improvement . Of course, the exhaust is butt ugly and the mirrors are terrible but both are easily changed.

Really, if you take the mirrors off and put it next to the er6n there's not a lot in it.

200cc cruiser bike? That definately sounds like an oxymoron. Would not object to a 2000cc cruiser but 200??

Anything produced by CZ. Sorry, don't know how to upload pikkies.

And contrary to OP, in blue and yellow, shown on a post, when it came out that Beemer woz stunning. Still remember being blown away by the 2 page ad in my da's sunday times for it.

Edited by Soi Sauce