Visa Difficulties

Hi.

Anyone know if American GFs have the same trouble bringing a Thai BF to visit the US? I have to be honest (and perhaps naiive)...I had no idea that visiting the US was so difficult.

Do I have to travel with him? I was planning to help him, but from the US, not Thailand. He doesn't even have a passport right now. We're going to try to get one on my next visit in January. He hasn't been out of the country--or even on a plane or to BKK. Should we start planning some trips out for him before he tries to come here?

Would it help if he was here on business? Maybe I could get his boss (who's American) to "send him on a business trip."

I want to do this right, even before I start.

Thanks!

Hi.

Anyone know if American GFs have the same trouble bringing a Thai BF to visit the US? I have to be honest (and perhaps naiive)...I had no idea that visiting the US was so difficult.

Do I have to travel with him? I was planning to help him, but from the US, not Thailand. He doesn't even have a passport right now. We're going to try to get one on my next visit in January. He hasn't been out of the country--or even on a plane or to BKK. Should we start planning some trips out for him before he tries to come here?

Would it help if he was here on business? Maybe I could get his boss (who's American) to "send him on a business trip."

I want to do this right, even before I start.

Thanks!

It is the same for either. He would still have to prove he has a reason to return. And you staying out of it is still good advise.

It being a business trip would help. His having a job that he has to come back for is a big help. And a trip out of the country is another.

You have already started doing it right by reading this topic.

Joe