Good Auto Alarm Sale/repair Shop

haybilly

Before I get slagged off--I have tried to seach previous Topics and, whilst I got 28 pages of Topic titles, got nothing that fit the purpose--so, anyone know of a 'good', trustworthy Central lock/Car Alarm [ probably Auto Air] sales/repair shop--my central locking system has started to please itself when it locks, when the alarm goes off and so on--sounds like a minor short circuit but will undoubtedly necessitate my buying a new unit [ same thing happened less than 12 months ago but, of course, to take advantage of guarantee I need to drive 5 hours back to shop that fitted it! Same old story.]

Before I get slagged off--I have tried to seach previous Topics and, whilst I got 28 pages of Topic titles, got nothing that fit the purpose--so, anyone know of a 'good', trustworthy Central lock/Car Alarm [ probably Auto Air] sales/repair shop--my central locking system has started to please itself when it locks, when the alarm goes off and so on--sounds like a minor short circuit but will undoubtedly necessitate my buying a new unit [ same thing happened less than 12 months ago but, of course, to take advantage of guarantee I need to drive 5 hours back to shop that fitted it! Same old story.]

Amnuay Motor Air on the superhighway

They were recommended by a Thai friend--he said they are the largest, therefore the best--so, you reckon they really are ok??

They were recommended by a Thai friend--he said they are the largest, therefore the best--so, you reckon they really are ok??

Yes, Amnuay Motor is good. They have two shops. The other and their first one is after the railway station before the junction to Samkampaeng Road. It's on the left hand side.

We have an Enforcer set from the US installed by the first shop for our Honda City four and a half years ago. No problem so far. It can even detect a mosquito flying inside the car. The cost was almost 12,000 Bht. Amnuay Motor Air is very neat in their wiring work.

Would these guys be good for getting air-con re-done on a 10yr old car?

Also will be needing new tyres soon, as current ones are 5-6 yrs old. Apparently the rubber hardens and makes them susceptible to blowing.

Any advice on good brands etc for small 4wd on CM roads, with occasional off-roading much appreciated.

Yes on the AC. Amnuay rebuilt the AC system on my 20 year old car and the thing blows so cold I can baely stand it. For tires go to Hengsawat, one branch between the RR station and superhighway, another on the superhighway between the Volvo dealer and Kuangsingh intersection. Don't know about brands for 4wd but in general stick with known brands (bridgestone, michelin etc) not the cheapos.

Thanks Puwa.

Am hoping someone can tell me what the best brand of rubbers are for CM roads. The ones i have are michellin, now 7 yrs old (i only had the car for 2); There is still plenty of tread on them, but the rubber has hardened and cracking.

Should really do this in the next few days, definitely before any distance driving, so hopefully someone here can give me the lowdown on the best brand for a small runnabout.

Thx

Amnuay are the best at car air-con, in-car entertainment, car electrics of any kind and windscreen tinting. Khun Amnuay's third son Dan and his wife Kung oversee Amnuay 1 and son number two Chit and wife Jeab oversee Amnuay 2 on the superhighway. Khun Amnuay is a perfectionist and makes sure the work of his sons is of the same high quality. Son number one is Muan and he owns and runs MeeDee along the superhighway.

Edited by Loaded