Travel Gadgets

phaethon

What's your favourite piece of gear for easing the stress and strains of travel by road sea or air?

Mine is the TravelTow which is an extension for rolling bags and luggage carts. It consists of two halves with a rotating link between them. One half velcros onto the top of your luggage's handle and the other is a comfy hand grip. This gives you an extended handle to tow with (I am of thoroughly average height but always feel luggage handles are just a little too short), allows you to hold the handle at an angle to suit you (relieving wrist and shoulder strain and improving steering) and reduces those oscillations you get when you hit a bump with one wheel.

It's a work of ergonomic genius - and no, I don't own shares in the company :o

I'm working on a time machine that will eliminate traveling to and from LOS. Once perfected there will be no need for iPods, fans, blow up pillows or airline food. :o

I have one of these, it's called Midazolam / Dormicum. If I do wake up for some reason I just take another one.

Seriously though, I always take one of those Archos video players with me, I've been using various models of them for years since they first came out. This along with some noise canceling headphones and you don't need to rely on anything but yourself for entertainment. You can also get an external battery powered charger to run it off AA batteries if the built in rechargeable battery runs out.

I'm working on a time machine that will eliminate traveling to and from LOS. Once perfected there will be no need for iPods, fans, blow up pillows or airline food. :o

time machine or teleport machine???

I think the Time machine might just work. My guess though is that he would have to activate it after boarding the aircraft.

However, why Mighty Mouse would need a time machine or indeed a flight reservation remains a mystery. Clearly he can already fly at 'rocket' speed.

:D

Noise cancelling headphones and my laptop.

I also carry earplugs - the white foam ones from Boots available in the UK, airport and even LOS. Those, combined with the noise cancelling earphones turned right up, pretty much isolate me from anyone/thing.

They are also useful should I happen to 'inadvertently' wander into any bars in LOS where the music is too loud :o