Australian Dollar

The australian dollar closed at a 5 year low over night 63 US cents , i know it has given me a few problems . how about you ?

I'm extremely happy with the sudden Oz dollar nose dive. When I first arrived in Thailand around 2000 the Oz was worth a paltry 50 US cents. It's rise to near parity cut the take-home-to-Oz value of my US$ salary in half!

So for me, the sudden devaluation has been a welcome relief.

Edited by Crushdepth

The australian dollar closed at a 5 year low over night 63 US cents , i know it has given me a few problems . how about you ?

I'm extremely happy with the sudden Oz dollar nose dive. When I first arrived in Thailand around 2000 the Oz was worth a paltry 50 US cents. It's rise to near parity cut the take-home-to-Oz value of my US$ salary in half!

If the A$ reaches 50 US cents again I'll be mighty tempted to buy a house near Perth.

Edited by OriginalPoster

Except for the time elongated chart fractal that's playing out, there is zero comparison between 1987 and now. 1987 was an extremely sharp correction in an uptrend, while we now appear to be in a cyclical bear narmet within the context of a secular bear market. 1857 and 1907 are better comparisons. 100 and 150 year cycles playing out.

Except for the time elongated chart fractal that's playing out, there is zero comparison between 1987 and now. 1987 was an extremely sharp correction in an uptrend, while we now appear to be in a cyclical bear narmet within the context of a secular bear market. 1857 and 1907 are better comparisons. 100 and 150 year cycles playing out.

Sure.

Maybe year 1637?

Would we still have our jobs or pensions this Xmas? Or much longer after that?

Sure.

Maybe year 1637?

Would we still have our jobs or pensions this Xmas? Or much longer after that?

Gotta start proofreading I guess. "narmet" is market.

I can't answer your question, but would point out that all those things happened a long time ago, and we're still here, prospering for the most part. Life goes on.

If the A$ reaches 50 US cents again I'll be mighty tempted to buy a house near Perth.

You might want to start looking at some Perth real estate magazines now, because with commodities in a bear market the aussie dollar just might get back to 50 cents on the Dollar sooner than you think :o