KevinHunt

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this is one of the many times I have found Thai Visa priceless

A friend was about to use Mau Tours, and I told him not to as I had seen some bad press about them on ThaiVisa a year ago, and that they were scamming many people.

Hope the bastards get whats coming to them :)

• 10 months later...

Great three pages of posts all except the last two prior to September 2009 most in 2008.

Perhaps a new thread is in order. Apparently they are still in business one post says they are up to there old tricks and another says tell every one.

I don't know about you but if they ripped me off I would say more than up to there old tricks and stick it on a thread that has been dead for almost a year.

I smell a rat.

If any one has something to say please do.

Great three pages of posts all except the last two prior to September 2009 most in 2008.

Perhaps a new thread is in order. Apparently they are still in business one post says they are up to there old tricks and another says tell every one.

I don't know about you but if they ripped me off I would say more than up to there old tricks and stick it on a thread that has been dead for almost a year.

I smell a rat.

your an idiot.

a new thread wouldn't let people know about their previous misdeeds.

if they ripped me off i would say more than they're up to their old tricks. they didnt rip me off , they ripped off a friend of a friend.

you need to improve your sense of smell. 

Mau tours, now near wat phra singh, are still up to their old tiricks. be warned.

Not being the relirous type, where is wat phra singh? Road name or common landmark would help.

Iain

It's at the end of Ratchdamnoen Road, opposite end to Tha Pae Gate.

I smell a rat.

your an idiot.

a new thread wouldn't let people know about their previous misdeeds.

if they ripped me off i would say more than they're up to their old tricks. they didnt rip me off , they ripped off a friend of a friend.

you need to improve your sense of smell.

I smell a rat

Perhaps if you or your friend were ripped off you could post that rather than refer to a dead thread. For all we know they are doing every thing legal now. I see no information yet to that effect and I asked for it. Only to get a idiotic reply from you with no substance to it. I know I would not like some of my deeds from a few years ago posted about me if I was not doing them now.

In short people need to know what is going on today not-years ago. I am looking forward to current information good or bad makes no difference to me truth is what I would like to have. I want no part of a years old smear campaign that has no bearing on the actions of people today.

Edited by jayjay0

Not being the relirous type, where is wat phra singh? Road name or common landmark would help.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Iain,

Gosh, we are astounded anyone could be living in Chiang Mai, and not know where Wat Phra Singh is.

If you proceed west from Pratu Thapae on Thanon Rachadamnoen, you will run smack into this very culturally important Wat. At that point Rachadamnoen dead-ends and forms a "T" intersection with Thanon Singharat to the right (heading roughly North), and Thanon Sam Lan (heading roughly South).

Wat Phra Singh is one of most important major landmarks of Chiang Mai, and dates back to (beginning of construction) 1345 in the Christian Era calendar.

Edited by sabaijai
for brevity and relevance

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Iain,

Gosh, we are astounded anyone could be living in Chiang Mai, and not know where Wat Phra Singh is.

Indeed. Wonder what some people have actually been doing in town. :blink: Also, if you plug it into Google Maps it'll tell you exactly where it is, and how to get there fromyour favorite bar.

"Hey can anyone get me some directions to the Eiffel Tower, oh wait, how about a nearby landmark, that'll do, thanks." :)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

Yep, Google maps site is a unusually reliable way to find places even in Thailand and Chiang Mai. Amazing.

And yes, many folks have posted the names of reliable, and sometimes money-saving travel agents, two close enough to be easy to compare. Worth a search.

On the other hand, in fairness, it can be said that not all of us are handy at remembering the names of wats - there are a few around, I see (or we might not enjoy histerical interests or might not be relirious, though we may well be beerious). Besides, Wat Phra Singh does not stick up in the air so much and is not so commonly shown around to Westerners and it is not at all phallic, which I do not intend to touch upon further.

So I'm not going to Mau and Forbes' remark is so dismaying that I'm gonna instead search out a full half pint of Guiness, if I can recall which bar that serves it is near my favorite wat, Phan Tong.

I and several others had trouble with a travell agent in Pattaya much the same thing taking your money and not giving the tickets,all together it was about12-15 tickets well over one million baht.But I must say that the police worked wonders by getting the wife of Mr Boon to the police station and making her get the tickets for every one. Well done BIB

This tour group was reported to have changed location before, ran a operation based on outright theft for quite some time.If someone wants to do business with them, as they may have changed their mode of operation, up to them.

• 11 months later...

a lot of those travel agencies are just a rip off and it's basically plain stupid to use those to buy flights(pay more for nothing and it's very unreliable).

why not directly from air asia/bkk airaways/thai etc. office or website?

anyways it is very nice to hear that finally something might be done to those scumbags.

a lot of those travel agencies are just a rip off and it's basically plain stupid to use those to buy flights(pay more for nothing and it's very unreliable).

why not directly from air asia/bkk airaways/thai etc. office or website?

anyways it is very nice to hear that finally something might be done to those scumbags.

Well what you say may be true some of the time. I have twice saved money with a travel agent. They are in possession of more information than the average traveler.

The first time I was traveling to Mexico and the travel agent got me two tickets in high season for low season prices. The second time I was traveling to Bali and the travel agent got me tickets 500 baht cheaper than Air Asia and with a 20 kilo weight limit on luggage as compared too Air Asia's 15 kilo limit. Also real air line meals served on every leg of the flight.

I recently booked a ticket to The states from Chiang Mai it involved a domestic flight to Bangkok. When he booked them he did not book the return from Bangkok. I asked him why and he told me it was non transferable. Good thing I went to him as I have had to change my return date. When I come back I will email him and he will get the ticket for me.

I use a K and K business services on Thai Pha road. He has never let me down and I have friends who also use him With never a problem.

I am quite sure there other reputable agents in Chiang Mai.

Take the time you would use going through the many airlines to find the cheapest one and use it to research a reputable agent.B)