Immigration Office Nakhon Phamom?

pianoman

With the Immigration Offices being "Assigned" based on where you live, I am now going to have to proceed to Nakhon Phanom for my future Immg. Dealings.... Having been subject to the somewhat inconsistant service and attitudes in the Mukdahan office, I would like to hear from anyone who has delt with the Immg. Office in Nakhon Phanom as to what to expect there....

I will be doing my 6th Extention of my Retirement Visa in Dec. and would like to start off on the right foot with this new office / officers... Any suggestions, experiences and or recommendations would be Greatly appreciated...

Pianoman in Kalasin...

With the Immigration Offices being "Assigned" based on where you live, I am now going to have to proceed to Nakhon Phanom for my future Immg. Dealings.... Having been subject to the somewhat inconsistant service and attitudes in the Mukdahan office, I would like to hear from anyone who has delt with the Immg. Office in Nakhon Phanom as to what to expect there....

I will be doing my 6th Extention of my Retirement Visa in Dec. and would like to start off on the right foot with this new office / officers... Any suggestions, experiences and or recommendations would be Greatly appreciated...

Pianoman in Kalasin...

Best advice from someone who has used this office for almost 7 years --- make sure every T is crossed and every I is dotted. Any more info direct from my e-mail address but NOT on an open forum.

Pianoman in Kalasin...

Best advice from someone who has used this office for almost 7 years --- make sure every T is crossed and every I is dotted. Any more info direct from my e-mail address but NOT on an open forum.

Namkong789 is correct. The decent old bloke that speaks English and usually sits on the computer is retiring this year. The old battle axe behind the counter is a little bit contrary but on the whole they are quite good.

I also have to report the 90 days at Nakhon Phanom on 10th 11.2008.

I will come from Mukdahan but living in Changwat kalasin..whats the best way to drive to this Immmigration..

where is it located..in the city center or on the mekong river border?

thanks to all..

Peter

isaanpeter wrote

I will come from Mukdahan but living in Changwat kalasin..whats the best way to drive to this Immmigration..

where is it located..in the city center or on the mekong river border?

The Immigration office is on the Mekong River Road. If coming from Mukdahan it is on the same road, come past the Riverview Hotel, past the Grand View Hotel straight on for about 1 Km the office is directly opposite the ferry for Heavy Goods Vehicles going to Laos. Can't miss it.

Best Regards

Mr Conrad

With the Immigration Offices being "Assigned" based on where you live......

Where is this Information coming from?

Is there a list about this assignments?

Is it compulsory to go to an assigned point or just recommendation?

jbell

jbell

This info is coming mainly from Nong Kai office and to a lesser extent from Bangkok.

Personally I will continue to visit Korat until told differently by them.

Like most things here it will probably blow over.

jbell

Lite beer answered most of your questions.

Nong Kai started turning people away and came out with a list because they are trying to reduce their work load. For some the list is wrong because they made it according to what province an individual lived in. But there are cases where an office in another province is really closer than the one in their province.

You should use the office closest to where you live. That is what they want you to do.

Bangkok has turned people away and told them do go to an office close their home. Again to reduce their work load. I can see their reason for doing this. They were getting people form all over the country because people were under the impression that Bangkok was the only place they could go.

Here is the list from Nong Kai immigration. It is a useful list to find an office near you. If an office is closer or easier (drive time) to get to than the one assigned for your province then use it instead.

Link: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a65460-

at the immigration office in Mukdahan you can see the regional application for every Immigration office.but only written in thai..

Notice was only in Thai last month, but they told us that because we live in Kalasin Prov. we now need to go to Nakhon Phanom, which is not closer for us, but another 40 to 60 km depending on which route you take... And they have told others who live even closer to Mukdahan than we do that they need to go to Nakhon Phanom as well just because they live in Kalasin Prov...

I was told by a friend who was there last week that now the notice is in both Thai and English...

Pianoman

at the immigration office in Mukdahan you can see the regional application for every Immigration office.but only written in thai..

Notice was only in Thai last month, but they told us that because we live in Kalasin Prov. we now need to go to Nakhon Phanom, which is not closer for us, but another 40 to 60 km depending on which route you take... And they have told others who live even closer to Mukdahan than we do that they need to go to Nakhon Phanom as well just because they live in Kalasin Prov...

I was told by a friend who was there last week that now the notice is in both Thai and English...

Pianoman

Mukdahan doing that is no surprise judging by some reports that I have read lately. It might be worth the extra distance the drive to Nakhon Phanom causes.

They have reported to be a real pain in the a**. Even asking for a health certification for a retirement visa extension. That requirement went away over 2 years ago.

Edited by ubonjoe

Mukdahan is extremely slow and innefficient as well, taking up to eight or nine times the usual processing times of Nong Khai and Korat. The normal twenty-minute visa extension takes up to three hours at Mukdahan. Pass it up, if you can.