Synnex Service Centre Near Hang Dong/airport

mallmagician

Hi,

I have an Asus EEEPc 701 that I brought from the UK, and now won't turn on.

I rang ASUS in Bangkok, who told me that it was still under warranty and I was to call the Synnex Service Centre in Chiang Mai. They told me to bring the computer in to them.

However, they didn't speak very good English, and the best directions I got from them were "Hang Dong Road, go to airport turn left".

Has anyone ever been to this service centre? Easy to find? English speaking staff? Experiences with getting repairs Under Warranty?

Thanks in Advance

Phil

I got one of those... never use the bloody thing.

I think they're really good. As long as you take the naff Linux derivative off it, and whack XP onto it.

Good battery life, WIFI built in. Perfect for throwing into a satchel and hopping on your bike into the middle of nowhere, hooking it up to your mobile phone, and still able to keep in touch with family, friends and any business dealings you may have. :o

My friend has just bought one of those Acer Aspire One notebooks (Basically a copy of the EEEPc), and it is ULTRA slow. I mean really BAD, even when running the LINUX system it comes with. It boots faster than the ASUS, but thats as far as it goes. Takes an age to do anything else. Having said that, it does look a bit more pretty!

Phil

Google Synnex Service Centre Chiang Mai, and the following popped up:

http://www.synnex.co.th/html/contact/index.asp

ศูนย์บริการเชียงใหม่

133 หมู่ 1 ถ.เชียงใหม่-ฮอด ต.ป่าแดด อ.เมือง จ.เชียงใหม่ 50100

133 M.1 Chiangmai-Hod Rd., Padad, Muangchiangmai, Chiangmai 51000

Tel. +66(0) 5327 3644, +66(0) 5390 3673-4 Fax. +66(0) 5327 3206

เวลาทำการ 8.30 - 17.30 น.

Edited by Nienke

yeah, i got xp on mine. i just find the screen too small to do much with. i use it as a mini multi media go-between. Windows has already filled up the main drive - would like to find someone to put a minimal install on there if i ever get around to it.

yeah, i got xp on mine. i just find the screen too small to do much with. i use it as a mini multi media go-between. Windows has already filled up the main drive - would like to find someone to put a minimal install on there if i ever get around to it.

Yep, I shrunk my XP using XPLite first, then put it on there.

Also the EEEPc has a hack to change the screen resolution so it shows XP much better.

If it comes back fixed, I will show you!

Phil

'My friend has just bought one of those Acer Aspire One notebooks (Basically a copy of the EEEPc), and it is ULTRA slow. I mean really BAD, even when running the LINUX system it comes with. It boots faster than the ASUS, but thats as far as it goes. Takes an age to do anything else. Having said that, it does look a bit more pretty!'

I purchased one a few weeks ago, the first thing I did was to have some extra RAM put into it, this now works quite a bit quicker.