Ghost Of Phra Khanong Market

Hannahcopacabana

Can anyone enlighten me, please, on the legend of the ghost of Phra Khanong market?

My husband and I have just bought a turtle from there and I have heard that it is unlucky to do so because of a ghost. What's all that about then? :o

Any suggestions for names would also be appreciated. :D

Be nice to your pet!

I have at home a antic operating table (well could be few ghosts attached to it)

The first few days I put flowers and respect it..

Only luck follow

You pet is a lucky pet & it will rub it to you

my dog name is ' padthai '

Can anyone enlighten me, please, on the legend of the ghost of Phra Khanong market?

My husband and I have just bought a turtle from there and I have heard that it is unlucky to do so because of a ghost. What's all that about then? :o

Any suggestions for names would also be appreciated. :D

Be nice to your pet!

I have at home a antic operating table (well could be few ghosts attached to it)

The first few days I put flowers and respect it..

Only luck follow

You pet is a lucky pet & it will rub it to you

my dog name is ' padthai '

well, I dont know about the PK ghost, but rest assured if you rub your turtle against your face it may not be that lucky.

Perhaps they're referring to Mae Nak Phrakanong:

Legend of Mae Nak Phra Khanong

I heard about a famous ghost at some big Wat in PK, but not a pet store?

She is currently being held at Wat Mahaboot near Soi OnNhut. Go visit her shrine, it is pretty interesting (and creepy). Off to the right in the temple grounds, follow the path back towards the klong. It is on the right and there is always people there. In addition to the flowers, incense, gold offerings, people also give her clothes. This is my favorite wat. In front of the Bot are coffins where you paste notes to the dead and is burned periodically.

The story I was told about the ghost differs a little from the link that was provided. As I was told, shortly after being married, Nang Nak's husband was called away to fight the Burmese. She vowed to wait there beside the water until he returned. He never returned and she died waiting for him. Her ghost then wandered PhraKanong until monks were able to capture her and she is now kept at Wat Mahaboot.

At least this is what I remeber being told long ago, my memory may not be completely accurate.

BTW: They do sell fish ant turtles there to be released into the klong.

Edited by Tim207