Hmm, Settle Something For Us.

what a life

Do you agree with this opinion or not?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi, Thanks for your time here taking part in my first poll.

It's come about as I'm having rather a heated discussion with Crazy Dave in another topic. It's getting nowhere really, as it's not being discussed properly, even to the point about other posters having 'rental girlfriends' and bordering on calling my gf a prostitute because I pay for most nights out with her and the food bills.

I thought being good democrats it might just be easier taking a vote, because it is worthy of opinion, and I would like to step away from the topic that is frankly getting too insulting for me and just take a quick vote to see what the majority thinks.

Since I am just 27, and have not lived in Thailand or had as many wives as some of you lot have had, I welcome any vote made from your wider experiences.

Ok, main topic is Crazy Dave stating that

PROPER THAI GIRLS DO NOT HOLD HANDS WITH MALES IN PUBLIC
His defination of PROPER here is
One that is not a prostitute..

Second opinion of his that I vehemently disagree with is that a because I pay for most nights out, food bills etc., and my gf has sex with me, that that is also prostitution and therefore she is not a proper girl, despite graduation from university and a good job at the airport.

So, obviously we are running around in circles over there, so just a quick vote please, are as Crazy Dave states all thai girls prostitutes if they hold hands or pay less than their male partner (farang or thai) for nights out and food bills.

I don't want this to turn into a flaming war, discussion is on the "holding hands in public" topic if anybody wants to add an opinion, mainly votes I want here but I have left the opinion section on this poll open if anybody wants to sensibly use it.

I tend to care if someone makes snide remarks about my gf being a prostitue because she holds hands with me in public. And being a discussion board, then I would say opinions of one person to another are worth caring about. Not caring like I would care about serious things, but worthy of taking 5 mins of a boring Sunday night to make a poll up.

And this guys opinion will not stop me holding my gfs hand in public.

Not that I really like to anyway. lol

It's just kind of interesting to see how easily someones mind can be made up on a person purely due to something as innocent as holding hands.

Anyway, give us a vote Meom.

I'm what a life, a poster on thaivisa, he's crazy dave, another poster on thaivisa.

We both added many normal posts, well, not many, but a few normal posts on this forum board, but this one thing between us we both totally disagree with. It was getting rude, so I opted for posting a poll to see what the general consensus was.

Also, Boon Mee, the second part of the question, does paying for your gf/wife, or both, lol, for a night out, or the majority of nights out and the food bills make her a prositute?

Thai custom....if she were the wealthier she would want to pay.

Thai custom....PDAs frowned upon, so respect that.

It has been a long time since I took a BG anywhere, but I still treated her like a lady!

and as soon as someone says you/they are all the same......their arguement is lost! :o

Welshchris, I think you have mistaken him for davethailand who runs a bar in pattaya, and who once offered on this board discounts to all TV members, we have not forgotten dave, so when I turn up there in my best dress and high heels I will be wanting at least 20% off my heinakens.

[ 3 ] [33.33%] in agreement so far that a girl with a proper job, uni education, or even without that does not take money for sex, but decides of her own free to buck the older traditions of Thailand and will to hold her bfs/husband's hand in public is a prostitute. Not looks like a prostitute you understand, but is definatelty a non-proper thai girl (read prostitute).

[ 3 ] [33.33%] in agreement that if you pay for the majority of house hold bills and nights out that your gf/wife is a prostitute.

Ok, let the votes go on, let's see how we go.

I guess sometimes it's not easy to tell if your girls on the game, but you'll find out eventually or go broke. :o

If you go to your home country, take out a nice girl for dinner, go home and boink, is she a prostitute?

Can someone send this gender egalitarianism crap back to the west in exchange for some sharp cheddar?

I guess sometimes it's not easy to tell if your girls on the game
easy enough if you have lived with her day in, day out, for the last three years, or alternatively if she dares break the strict code of current tradition and holds your hand in public declaring herself to Thailand as a non proper thai girl/prostitute.
If you go to your home country, take out a nice girl for dinner, go home and boink, is she a prostitute?

According to Crazy Dave because taking a girl out to dinner costs money then she is indeed a prositute, yes.

[ ] I agree with Crazy Dave

[ ] I don't agree with Crazy Dave

[ X ] I don't care and I can't believe how insecure the topic starter is that he/ she/ whatever needs to call in others to validate his/her/whatever's viewpoint.

[ X ]I don't care and I can't believe how insecure the topic starter is that he/ she/ whatever needs to call in others to validate his/her/whatever's viewpoint.

No insecurity here, just a topic that got a little heated so I took the liberty of making a poll to get the broader view point from others, many more experienced with Thailand and it's culture than myself or the original poster.

For future reference when you make a vote you do not need to type it out in the reply box, but click on one of the top options in the poll itself. :o

For the 'I don't care' vote then there is a null vote box in the poll. If you have any further complications with taking part of a poll there is a forum support desk you can request help in, and I'm sure there are some very helpful people in there that can guide you through the process slowly. :D

Nobody cares except you. And your posts thus far haven't demonstrated a lot of sense.

18 people cared enough to vote so far Dr.

And I only wanted people to care enough to vote.

If you really don't care, don't vote, it's pretty simple really. Hardly rocket science my good man. :o