Thaksin Begs For "Royal Kindness"

Jai Dee

With international media giving its full support to Thaksin and lambasitng PAD (and sufficiency theory last year), it's no wonder PAD are chanting "farang go home".

And GP's Thai lesson was just plain wrong.

The question is why most of the international media support the previous PM? There are a number of reasons for this and they do not include his money. The military has a lot to do with it and also the PAD ideas and hopes for Thailand just reinforce that support for the previous PM. Easy to see why and if you ask people from the North and North east they will tell you the same.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With international media giving its full support to Thaksin and lambasitng PAD (and sufficiency theory last year), it's no wonder PAD are chanting "farang go home".

And GP's Thai lesson was just plain wrong.

The question is why most of the international media support the previous PM? There are a number of reasons for this and they do not include his money. The military has a lot to do with it and also the PAD ideas and hopes for Thailand just reinforce that support for the previous PM. Easy to see why and if you ask people from the North and North east they will tell you the same.

And they, outside media, are more objective than the media here, certainly ASTV.

Anyway, the lines seem to be drawn, we will have to wait and see now which way the people turn.

Justice Minister : names collection justified

Minister of Justice indicated ruling People Power party's MPs' move to collect people's names to enforce law to grant amnesty for former Prime Minister Pol Lt Col Thaksin Shinawatra and other former executives of now defunct Thai Rak Thai party was legally acceptable.

Minister of Justice Mr. Somsak Kiatsuranont (สมศักดิ์ เกียรติสุรนนท์) disclosed today that he has not yet acknowledged People Power party's Friends of Newin’s faction has been collecting people's names to enforce law to grant amnesty to Pol Lt Gen Thaksin and other 110 former Thai Rak Thai party’s executives. However, he voiced his opinion that the act was in line with legal rights.

But he believed that the move would not be in time with current lower House's session which would end at the end of this month as names' verifying process was time consuming.

He also said that attempts to help the former premier was acceptable as far as the moves were under existing legal framework.

Source: National News Bureau of Thailand - 06 November 2008

People Power Party wants to impeach 22 senators

The Election Commission should launch the impeachment proceedings against 22 senators for violating a constitutional ban on the intervention with the government affairs, People Power Party MP Sanguan Pongmanee said on Thursday.

Sanguan said the petition of his party's MPs will be submitted to the EC outlying the charges against the 22 senators.

Under Article 266 of the Constitution, MPs and senators are banned from interfering with the conduct of government affairs. Offenders are penalised by impeachment.

Alleged offences relating to the ban will be investigated by the EC before the judicial review by the Constitution Court.

Sanguan said the 22 senators endorsed a petition filed with the Public Relations Department demanding the state-run NBT Channel to stop broadcasting the "Truth Today" talk show.

The petition can be construed as interfering with how the department should exercise its jurisdiction, he said. Lawmakers should air their views through a parliamentary committees or a motion demanding the government's response.

Source: The Nation - 06 November 2008

What do they mean by "enforce law to grant amnesty"? There's no such law, and if there was, other legal experts say it can't be applied to a single individual.

I think it's all about marshbags post #502 containing the issue of "Rajprachasamasai".. which is being used as the vehicle to make a possible move, the intriguing part is that Takky mentioned "kindness" regarding a pardon and if this doesn't happen then someone isn't displaying "kindness"... ?

Takky will go the whole nine yards, whatever this takes unless, someone really silences him!

Wasn't Newin just attending an Audience in London?

I don't believe in what I see in that video.

I don't think Mr. Somchai is that "urgent" to do such things when he is so well known now.

The same amazing story about singer Lydia being Mr. Thaksin's gf.

You're starting to convince me.

Upon further reflection, I could easily understand how no man would ever wish to stray from either of these extremely attractive sister-in-laws...

550000014517501.jpg

9a250c22.jpg

especially for someone as unattractive as Lydia...

lydia.jpg

who is no match for the alluring Potjaman...

His wife is old, gained weight because of old age and after giving birth, but it doesn't mean he must have Lydia as GF.

If you say something, I suggest you use the truth. I hate many people, but I never gossip something they don't do. It is not fair for them.

I don't believe in what I see in that video.

I don't think Mr. Somchai is that "urgent" to do such things when he is so well known now.

The same amazing story about singer Lydia being Mr. Thaksin's gf.

You're starting to convince me.

Upon further reflection, I could easily understand how no man would ever wish to stray from either of these extremely attractive sister-in-laws...

550000014517501.jpg

9a250c22.jpg

especially for someone as unattractive as Lydia...

lydia.jpg

who is no match for the alluring Potjaman...

His wife is old, gained weight because of old age and after giving birth, but it doesn't mean he must have Lydia as GF.

If you say something, I suggest you use the truth. I hate many people, but I never gossip something they don't do. It is not fair for them.

Didn't you read my post? :o

I agreed with you.

I even proclaimed that I thought most men would find these fine examples of womanhood, that are the Shinawatra-Damapong combo, as seductive vixens... and most men would be repulsed by someone as unappealing as the tawdry Lydia.

Look at them in comparison... Potjaman is far, far better-looking and very desirable.... and Yaowapa... Gosh!... she's so hot-looking, I can barely contain myself.

It's you that is talking down about these women... calling them old and fat with birthing stretch marks.

That's not fair.

Edited by sriracha john

sriracha john,

So the thing about Khun Somchai and Khun Thaksin having GFs is just rumor.

No. Khun Somchai had the misfortune to have actually been caught on cam with his flashy cars(all 3 of them) and his mia noi going to a short time hotel. Bad luck jing jing. Notice he didn't deny this.

I am also offended that you call Yaowapa and Potjaman fat, old and showing stretch marks. Way below the belt my friend.

Of amnesties and royal pardons

Once again, Thaksin Shinawatra has sent legal pundits and novices alike scrambling for law books in a collective frenzy. Has he ever done anything in his life that needn't be interpreted? I wonder. Let's get started on the issues of royal pardons and amnesty bills.

CAN HE GET THEM, AND WHAT ARE THEIR DIFFERENCES?

Thaksin was referring to the royal pardon in his long-distance speech to his supporters last Saturday. This has to do with the two-year jail sentence laid down by the Supreme Court in connection with the Ratchadaphisek land case.

But since it was highly unlikely he would receive a royal pardon, for reasons we will discuss later, the People Power Party has been spinning the issue into a campaign to draft an amnesty bill for the 111 Thai Rak Thai executives banned from politics as a result of the party-dissolution ruling.

In short, a royal pardon would be for the Ratchadaphisek land case (imprisonment), whereas an amnesty would be for the party-dissolution case (ban from politics).

WHAT EXACTLY ARE THE CHANCES OF A ROYAL PARDON?

Thailand's legal and political traditions require petitioners to show remorse for their crimes. You can decide for yourself if Thaksin, who has spent most of his time in exile telling the world how bad the Thai courts are, is qualified in this regard.

There are different opinions, though, on whether one must have "served" punishment before receiving royal clemency. Writing yesterday in Matichon newspaper, a senior Law Council of Thailand official cited Article 265 of the Criminal Code, which stipulates an absolute and unconditional pardon means "punishment shall not be served or has to be immediately stopped". This strongly implies one can receive a royal pardon before punishment is served.

WHAT ABOUT LEGAL AMNESTY THEN?

The biggest problem is how a bill can be drafted without being seen as an attempt to override the Constitution Court. The charter is clear on the final and absolute power of Constitution Court rulings, which are legally binding on the government, Parliament, judiciary and all independent organisations.

A smaller obstacle, which is still huge, is the legal rules and convention against "selectiveness" of legislative enactment. Of course, any amnesty bill in nature must be earmarked for specific groups or individuals, but an amnesty for Thai Rak Thai executives found guilty of electoral fraud will prompt serious questions if anyone - for example, other politicians convicted of similar crimes - is left out of the bill.

Those are the legal hurdles, and we have not even mentioned the People's Alliance for Democracy yet.

Source: The Nation - Ask the Editors - 07 November 2008

sriracha john,

No. Khun Somchai had the misfortune to have actually been caught on cam with his flashy cars(all 3 of them) and his mia noi going to a short time hotel. Bad luck jing jing. Notice he didn't deny this.

I am also offended that you call Yaowapa and Potjaman fat, old and showing stretch marks. Way below the belt my friend.

do you have proof of this so called cam ? i need to see it with my own eyes

thanks.

Edited by mc2

sriracha john,

How sad that at least 3500 EKJ,s and the coutless unfortunate victims of the South who died, under the supervision of her evil partner, who she shows approval of in all his does.....

( I do not recall her making any statements to the contrary, condeming his actions / overseeing of )

THEY WILL NEVER GROW OLD OR EXPERIENCE ALL THE LOVING THINGS HER CORRUPT UNSCRUPOLOUS FAMILY DO ON A DAILY BASIS, even on the run from the law, in exile.

Below the belt you say............................like <deleted> it is!!!!!!!!!!!

marshbags :o

do you have proof of this so called cam ? i need to see it with my own eyes

thanks.

Edited by marshbags

sriracha john,

It is you who used the word "fat" and "showing stretch marks".

In short, those who said Khun Thaksin has GFs should be ashamed of themselves because they can't produce anything to prove that.

Those who said Khun Somchai has mia noi are even funnier. Do you think Khun Somchai will pick up a girl on the way and go to a love hotel? Only those who do that can think of such a thing. Don't you feel shy when you create and / or deliver that wrong info?

Fair if you hate someone but saying something which is not real is too childish. Only some certain levels can badmouth people like that.

Those who said Khun Somchai has mia noi are even funnier. Do you think Khun Somchai will pick up a girl on the way and go to a love hotel? Only those who do that can think of such a thing. Don't you feel shy when you create and / or deliver that wrong info?

2 of the 3 women in the video bear an amazing resemblance to staff of Somchai Wongsawat approximately 2 years ago. One has since died while pregnant, approximately 20 months ago, father unknown. If they worked together, then entirely possible that the video is plausible.

The cars match his own at that time exactly (colour, model).

The man's own appearance is grainy as are the girls.

It was 2 years ago this was shot, and well before it could have ever been expected that he would become PM.

Personally, I could not care less what these politicians get up with regards to the girlies; let's face it politicians worldwide are sleeping around all the time (Clinton, etc etc).

Has ASTV been sued yet? I think not. And really the person wronged in all of this is his wife, who loses the most face. I am sure everyone has already heard why she hasn't said much about the matter; certainly that has been a major source of conversation I am told within the news rooms of NBT.

Frigging video, WHO CARES.

It is fairly naive to think all senior politicians are faithful to their wives; next we will be hearing that Oak is straight or knows something about business!

A man enjoys dinner with his wife in a fancy restaurant, suddenly a hot young beauty brushes by, touches his hand, and whispers in his ear "I will not bother you today, darling", and leaves.

"Who was that?" asks the wife angrily. "It's my mia noi", answers the husband. Wife is going to erupt: "This is unaccaptable, I'm leaving you right now", she screams. The husband calmly replies that she would also be leaving the house, the car, the yacht, and her credit cards would be cancelled, too. The wife is sitll fuming but she settles down.

Ten minutes later the husband points to man sitting a few rows away: "Do you remember John, dear? He brought HIS mia noi here with him."

Wife gives it a quick look and shrugs her shoulders:

"Ours is better"

Law Society of Thailand condemns Thaksin's phone-in

The Law Society of Thailand on Friday issued a statement condemning the November 1 phone-in by former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

Thaksin's remarks can be construed as contempt of his guilty verdict and insulting to the judiciary, Society President Det-utom Krairit said.

Det-udom warned that media outlets should refrain from regurgitating the remarks or risk facing the charge for contempt as accomplices.

- The Nation / 2008-11-08

Lawyers see lese majeste in Thaksin speech

The Law Society of Thailand yesterday said ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra acted in contempt of the monarchy and the judiciary during his phone-in speech to supporters last Saturday.

President Dej-udom Krairit said Thaksin's remark, "Nothing can bring me home except the mercy of His Majesty the King or the power of the people," was clearly intended to interfere with the royal power to grant pardons.

"The speech was aimed at forestalling criminal punishment. It was a hasty attempt to seek a royal pardon when the case [against Thaksin] was not yet completed," Dej-udom said.

He said Thaksin's speech was also intended to reduce the credibility of the judiciary and could be regarded as contempt of court.

"In my experience, I have rarely heard any convicted person publicly say he was 'forced to get jail', not even those sentenced to death," he said.

Dej-udom warned that those supporting Thaksin giving such a speech or having it broadcast could be regarded as accomplices. Political office holders could risk impeachment for a severe violation of the code of ethics.

The Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Political Office Holders last month sentenced Thaksin to two years in prison in connection with the Ratchadaphisek land case. His wife, Pojaman, who had bought a coveted plot of land from a state agency at an unusually low price, was acquitted in the same corruption case, because she was not a public official.

Special Branch police earlier this week concluded that Thaksin's speech contained no message that could be regarded as lese majeste, a criminal offence that carries a penalty of three to 15 years in prison.

Thaksin made his controversial speech during a gathering of more than 50,000 supporters in Bangkok's Rajamangala Stadium, organised by hosts of the "Truth Today" political talk show on the state-run NBT channel.

- The Nation / 2008-11-08

It is fairly naive to think all senior politicians are faithful to their wives; next we will be hearing that Oak is straight or knows something about business!

:o:D:D:D

Careful Steve. Next thing you know Koo will be asking how YOU know and asking for a video to prove it!!!!!!!!

199.jpg

People Power Party MP Panya Sripanya

MPs to seek amnesty for Thaksin

Northeastern MPs are set to begin a signature campaign aimed at seeking amnesty for former premier Thaksin Shinawatra, an MP from the ruling People Power Party said yesterday.

Panya Sripanya, a PPP MP for Khon Kaen, said that he and his fellow MPs from the region would collect signatures from at least 10 northeastern provinces. He added that he expected the campaign to gather at least 1,000 signatures of supporters from each province.

"I will visit the electorates on Tuesday, and I expect to get the required signatures within a week," he said, adding that a motion seeking amnesty for Thaksin could be submitted before this current parliamentary session ends late this month.

- The Nation / 2008-11-09

2 of the 3 women in the video bear an amazing resemblance to staff of Somchai Wongsawat approximately 2 years ago. One has since died while pregnant, approximately 20 months ago, father unknown. If they worked together, then entirely possible that the video is plausible.

The cars match his own at that time exactly (colour, model).

The man's own appearance is grainy as are the girls.

It was 2 years ago this was shot, and well before it could have ever been expected that he would become PM.

Personally, I could not care less what these politicians get up with regards to the girlies; let's face it politicians worldwide are sleeping around all the time (Clinton, etc etc).

Has ASTV been sued yet? I think not. And really the person wronged in all of this is his wife, who loses the most face. I am sure everyone has already heard why she hasn't said much about the matter; certainly that has been a major source of conversation I am told within the news rooms of NBT.

Frigging video, WHO CARES.

You mean he bats for the other team and is not CEO-stuff like Por? Surely not? I heard he got a First Class Honours degree from Ramkhamhaeng Uni and is reputed to be sailing through his studies in Hawaii! Can't be talking about the same Nong Oak as the little chip off the old Shinawatra block we all know and love....... :o

Veera accuses Thaksin of insulting King, judicial process

Secretary-General of the People's Network Against Corruption Veera Somkwamkid Thursday led a group of People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) supporters to file a case against ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra on alleged lese majeste charge.

The move came after Thaksin made a phone-in to political talk show to speak to his supporters on Saturday.

More from the Bangkok Post here.

right back at ya...

Thaksin lawyer files counter-charge against Veera

A lawyer for former PM Thaksin Shinawatra has filed a counter-charge against Veera Somkwamkid, in response to the graft campaigner filing a complaint against Thaksin. The counter-charge was lodged with the Crime Suppression Division (CSD) by Udom Prongfa. Veera lodged his complaint with the Crime Suppression Division (CSD) on Thursday, alleging lese majeste by Thaksin. The lawyer discounted Mr Veera's complaint and claimed the anti-corruption activist broke Article 12 of the Criminal Code because he lied to police when he took legal action against Thaksin. ''Mr Veera went ahead and filed the charge even after the Royal Thai Police Office had concluded Thaksin had done nothing wrong,'' Udom said. Udom had been appointed by Viroj Pao-in, former MP for Ang Thong province, to take legal action against Veera. Pol Lt-Gen Viroj acted on behalf of Thaksin. Thaksin told

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/091108_News/09Nov2008_news05.php

Democrats: Thaksin behind Launch of 'Red Cable Channel'

A Democrat Party executive believes ousted Premier Thaksin Shinawatra is behind the establishment of the Democratic Alliance against Dictatorship's pro-government 'Red Cable Channel', with the objective being a media mouthpiece for the government.

Assistant to the Democrat secretary-general Thepthai Senpong commented that the 'Red Cable Channel' belonging to the Democratic Alliance against Dictatorship is likely to be supported by the government and possibly financed by ousted Premier Thaksin Shinawatra.

The 'Truth Today' program will probably be withdrawn from the NBT Channel and featured on the new cable channel to pit against ASTV of the anti-government People's Alliance for Democracy.

Thepthai said that the new cable channel is likely to broadcast mobile 'Truth Today' rallies from the provinces, with the highlight being a telephone address by Thaksin to rally support for himself and pressure the judicial system. This would reflect Thaksin's full involvement in the current political instability.

- TOC / 2008-11-08

Democrats: Thaksin behind Launch of 'Red Cable Channel'

A Democrat Party executive believes ousted Premier Thaksin Shinawatra is behind the establishment of the Democratic Alliance against Dictatorship's pro-government 'Red Cable Channel', with the objective being a media mouthpiece for the government.

Assistant to the Democrat secretary-general Thepthai Senpong commented that the 'Red Cable Channel' belonging to the Democratic Alliance against Dictatorship is likely to be supported by the government and possibly financed by ousted Premier Thaksin Shinawatra.

The 'Truth Today' program will probably be withdrawn from the NBT Channel and featured on the new cable channel to pit against ASTV of the anti-government People's Alliance for Democracy.

Thepthai said that the new cable channel is likely to broadcast mobile 'Truth Today' rallies from the provinces, with the highlight being a telephone address by Thaksin to rally support for himself and pressure the judicial system. This would reflect Thaksin's full involvement in the current political instability.

- TOC / 2008-11-08

Whatever happened to PTV? At one time they had a large well salaried staff.

Of course Thaksin is behind this. He is behind all the PPP and their allies do. He wants his money and power back and will do anything to get them back. He hasnt spent a fortune on buying MPs and a whole government to give him constitutitonal ammendment or amnesty to give up now. It is probably a bit frustrating for him that things are so difficult but he wont stop trying.

Whatever happened to the source of Truth Today funds probe?

It was initiated either by Dems or Senators and if they can finish that one, it would expose the real state of things - whether Thakins pays for a program run on state TV or not.

I'm pretty sure that the average Thai politician thinks a mia noi burnishes his image in many corners,

A more manly man able to do manly work...

especially when riding on the bosses coat-tails 24-7.

Somchai is shown with a t-shirt on the subject of his 'potential mistress' and is smiling.

His manhood is visibly increased by the suspicions!

Sorry Koos, but Yaowapa and Potty ARE fat, there is no other definition.

Plus sized, zaphtig, Reubenesque, pleasingly plump, all just word parsing equivocations.

At their age, girths, and post child birth, stretch marks are a forgone conclusion.

And Somchia's little darling daughter ain't exactly svelte either...

Acorn from the tree, she didn't get it from Somchai...

Edited by animatic