Thaksin Begs For "Royal Kindness"

Jai Dee

it used to be; "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.'

Here's the Thai version; "if you can't beat 'em, allow them to slip out of the country."

.....and hope they don't make too much annoying noise from afar

....and hope they don't name names, or it they do, hope they name just the first letter of the accused person's name.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Democrats: Thaksin behind Launch of 'Red Cable Channel'

A Democrat Party executive believes ousted Premier Thaksin Shinawatra is behind the establishment of the Democratic Alliance against Dictatorship's pro-government 'Red Cable Channel', with the objective being a media mouthpiece for the government.

Assistant to the Democrat secretary-general Thepthai Senpong commented that the 'Red Cable Channel' belonging to the Democratic Alliance against Dictatorship is likely to be supported by the government and possibly financed by ousted Premier Thaksin Shinawatra.

The 'Truth Today' program will probably be withdrawn from the NBT Channel and featured on the new cable channel to pit against ASTV of the anti-government People's Alliance for Democracy.

Thepthai said that the new cable channel is likely to broadcast mobile 'Truth Today' rallies from the provinces, with the highlight being a telephone address by Thaksin to rally support for himself and pressure the judicial system. This would reflect Thaksin's full involvement in the current political instability.

- TOC / 2008-11-08

Whatever happened to PTV? At one time they had a large well salaried staff.

Of course Thaksin is behind this. He is behind all the PPP and their allies do. He wants his money and power back and will do anything to get them back. He hasnt spent a fortune on buying MPs and a whole government to give him constitutitonal ammendment or amnesty to give up now. It is probably a bit frustrating for him that things are so difficult but he wont stop trying.

:) PTV :D Was the P for Parasite? PTV vanished silently when the thugs made it into government under Samak and they used public funds like good little parasites in another station which I now forget, it had recently been renamed. TTV maybe?

He is in another country, how can you have agents to swoop in? It's not a movie.

Besides, they might not be really using a phone - it's all broadcast from Chinese, not Thai satellite, how can you backtrace the signal without access to it? Can you backtrace signal from Thai satellites, for that matter?

Remember the french DST (Direction de la Surveillance du Territoire)

and "the jackal" or better known as Carlos - Ilich Ramírez Sánchez and Sudan?

It IS possible - but it takes some people with guts and a functioning

state defense and justice system!

Not far off, Animatic. Years ago, a dear friend of mine, who was a career man at CIA, said (in reference to a job that was botched by US undercover operatives);

"should have hired the Mossad to do it."

I think it related to the aborted rescue of the American hostages being kept hostage by Iranian radicals. Must have been in the final year of Carter's presidency, so what was that, 1979?

Edited by brahmburgers

Not far off, Animatic. Years ago, a dear friend of mine, who was a career man at CIA, said (in reference to a job that was botched by US undercover operatives);

I think it related to the aborted rescue of the American hostages being kept hostage by Iranian radicals. Must have been in the final year of Carter's presidency, so what was that, 1979?

Do you mean April 25, 1980?

Yeah the helicopters were not used to sandstorm environments and lost their motors.

Since then proper intake filters have been installed.

It was not Carter's mistake, but he took the blame.

It was the airforce or marines that screwed the pooch on that one not the CIA.

It was a quite bold move on Carter's part and I wish it had come off.

But then Reagan came in and basically bought off the radicals by many reports.

Those radicals included now top man and lead nutter, Amhadajine back then.

Yes that was 1979 and I remember that year pretty clearly compared to most.

I did NOT have a lot of hope coming into 1980... President Reagan... YIKES!!!!

April 25th 1980 was under Regan's watch.

Victory At Entebbe was a different incident in 1976.

Edited by animatic

He is in another country, how can you have agents to swoop in? It's not a movie.

Besides, they might not be really using a phone - it's all broadcast from Chinese, not Thai satellite, how can you backtrace the signal without access to it? Can you backtrace signal from Thai satellites, for that matter?

Remember the french DST (Direction de la Surveillance du Territoire)

and "the jackal" or better known as Carlos - Ilich Ramírez Sánchez and Sudan?

It IS possible - but it takes some people with guts and a functioning

state defense and justice system!

Any of the many countries involved with Interpol can surely swoop in on him.

He's obviously laundered huge amounts, seems he did all over the place too.

He's also gone international on his cowardly flight from justice, 7 arrest warrants, he shall then get the shameful international exposure he deserves all over the media when they stick handcuffs on him and arrest his sorry and stupid ass at some airport while his security team amd head zombies are asked to step aside.

Shouldn't be too long now, before he embarrasses too many more public figures he so desperately wants to be seen with.

He also has a bad tendency to hang around countries where hiring hitmen is as easy as in Thailand. :)

Interpol discussed on Thaivisa

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=2704436

Edited by Tony Clifton

Yeah the helicopters were not used to sandstorm environments and lost their motors.

Lots of weird things happened around that time: Right after Reagan was sworn in, the Iranian radicals released their long-held US hostages, as a sort-of 'gift' to Reagan, thinking he would be a better pal than Carter. Little did the numbnut radicals know, Carter was a lot less of a warmonger than Reagan. Then, a bit later, the Iranians gave a bible shaped (or key-shaped) cake to Reagan's visiting defense secretary, which heralded in the whole nasty episode which came to be known as the Iran-Contra debacle - which was a way for Reagan (and Ole North, et al) to fund a dirty little war in Nicaragua - which the US congress wouldn't allow funding for. The funding came indirectly from Iran (which was under a US arms embargo) buying arms from the Reaganites - who were breaking a whole slew of laws. That's my recollection, anyhow. Plus, who remembers Hassenfus (?), the CIA pilot who was shot down over Nicaragua, which led to the whole plate of beans being spilled - on Olie North and all the other crooked manipulators working under cover for the Reagan administration.

Funny how Nicaragua is back in the news again, this time tied up with Thaksin - for all the wrong reasons.

Lots of weird things happened around that time: Right after Reagan was sworn in, the Iranian radicals released their long-held US hostages, as a sort-of 'gift' to Reagan, thinking he would be a better pal than Carter. Little did the numbnut radicals know, Carter was a lot less of a warmonger than Reagan. Then, a bit later, the Iranians gave a bible shaped (or key-shaped) cake to Reagan's visiting defense secretary, which heralded in the whole nasty episode which came to be known as the Iran-Contra debacle - which was a way for Reagan (and Ole North, et al) to fund a dirty little war in Nicaragua - which the US congress wouldn't allow funding for. The funding came indirectly from Iran (which was under a US arms embargo) buying arms from the Reaganites - who were breaking a whole slew of laws. That's my recollection, anyhow. Plus, who remembers Hassenfus (?), the CIA pilot who was shot down over Nicaragua, which led to the whole plate of beans being spilled - on Olie North and all the other crooked manipulators working under cover for the Reagan administration.

Funny how Nicaragua is back in the news again, this time tied up with Thaksin - for all the wrong reasons.

Yes those were the days...

Glad they are gone.

Nicaragua never has been on the side of good,

except their leaders personal good, in my memory.