Come Back Libya

pammy123

Well it wasn't really that hard now (you only really have to look at two local news sites each day). The big thing with Libya was he did that on a fairly consistent basis.

This is actually the second time (maybe third) that Libya has taken a self-imposed absence, and someone has started a "Come Back" thread. Problem is, whenever he does come back, he gets more flak thrown at him for posting those stories than is (often) deserved.

Well,

He wasn't really acting in the interests of the commercial venture that this forum is.

After all his news stories included mentions of suicides, prostitution and events which may or may not be construed as failings on the part of Government institution and perhaps by extension the powers that grant them authority.

Obviously this can not be tolerated.

If you are reading this Libya115, and contemplating a return to your old posting habits (bad news only), please remain retired! :o

At least kurgen, when he briefly took on the task, sprinkled in the odd "good news" story.

PattayaFox however, is the same as Libya115. All bad news all the time. He should retire also.

In response to previous complaints of mine regarding these "bad news posters", it has been suggested that I take the time to find and post the "good news stories". But my point is, these fellows take on the re-reporting task but filter the news. If they want the "job", why don't they post good and bad news.

If you are reading this Libya115, and contemplating a return to your old posting habits (bad news only), please remain retired! :o

At least kurgen, when he briefly took on the task, sprinkled in the odd "good news" story.

PattayaFox however, is the same as Libya115. All bad news all the time. He should retire also.

In response to previous complaints of mine regarding these "bad news posters", it has been suggested that I take the time to find and post the "good news stories". But my point is, these fellows take on the re-reporting task but filter the news. If they want the "job", why don't they post good and bad news.

Because basically good news is not published. It does not 'sell' newspapers - even the free ones need people to pick them up so that they can verify their circulation.

Here is a link to the last "Come Back" thread, from way back on 20 Sept 08: Libya115 - Where Are You ???

It may give you an idea why he isn't posting anymore.

I just read the previous posts to which you refer and most of them seemed harsh. I haven't been a member here as long as most of you, but I for one have always found the newsclippings section interesting and it doesn't bother me who posts them quite frankly. The fact that someone has taken time to do it for the benefit of others is enough for me.