Uk Pensions

Daffy D

I'm getting UK Government State Pension part of what makes up the total pension is "Adult Dependency" for "spouse or person who looks after your child".

Since starting to receive the Pension we now have an additional child so as the original amount was for presumably the one child at that time would there be an additional allowance for a second child?

:o

I'm getting UK Government State Pension part of what makes up the total pension is "Adult Dependency" for "spouse or person who looks after your child".

Since starting to receive the Pension we now have an additional child so as the original amount was for presumably the one child at that time would there be an additional allowance for a second child?

Are you getting a second spouse? Or is the same person going to be stuck with two ankle-snappers?

Sorry, I'm afraid not. The adult dependency payment is for your wife/person who looks after child/children. It does not increase in proportion to your offspring.

No wonder the UK is in such a financial mess.

Why should the British tax payer financially support child care in Thailand?

:D

Probably the same reason why ex-pats IN England can claim Family Allowance for their real or fictitious kids who live in the EU

Crazy or what :o

Why should an expat paying taxes in the UK support someone who can't keep her legs closed?

Presumably the op has paid tax in the UK for most of his working life and is more than entitled to claim the adult dependancy allowance!!

British expats get screwed on the pension increases every year so why shouldn't we claim everything else that we can?

I am 64, my second wife is Thai and our son is 4.

I have paid taxes and national insurance since I started work in 1959 after I left school at 15.

I spent 25 years in the RAF and earned my military pension, I worked for the Home Office for a while and then 2 private companies for another 15 years where I earned another company pension.

Both of these actually increase every year by around £150 together per year.

Next year I am going to get my state pension with an allowance for my wife which will be frozen from the day I get it as I live in Thailand.

All of these pensions are subject to UK income tax as they were "earned" in the UK where by virtue of living in Thailand with my Thai family I am entitled to nothing in or from the UK despite the tax I have paid over the years and the money that was earned and spent in the UK.

I would willingly give up all of these allowances (assuming that I would get them in the first place) if I were given the choice provided that I could take all my pensions off shore and pay taxes in Thailand, but the government in the UK denies me that choice.

The extra cost to the UK taxpayer and I AM one to pay for index linking ALL UK pensioners in the world is a very small portion of the government budget compared with the benefit frauds committed in the UK.

I have just googled benefit fraud in the UK and this was the result from the search.

http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&q...art=10&sa=N

Results 1 - 10 of about 3,230,000 for benefit fraud in the UK. (0.28 seconds)

Here is the start of just 1 of the man threads

A married father-of-two was jailed for 13 months today after fraudulently claiming almost £80,000 in benefits for 36 children.

If you make an assumption that many people only get 1/4 of that figure and then multiply that figure with ONLY 250,000 people you come up with a figure of £5 BILLION and these are the people who get caught.

The last figure I saw to put all UK pensioners who at the moment are not on index linked pensions to the same as the index linked ones is less than 1% of the benefit frauds.

None of my Thai family have any desire to live in the UK nor does my wife want a UK passport. My son already has one through me BUT any children he may have are NOT entitled to one.

I am disappointed at some of the ill feeling and downright rude responses this topic has generated, though I guess I should not be surprised as it seems there are always some members that it is in their nature to be regularly rude and generally unpleasant.

Mosha – I think your remark is most offensive. I am not one of your drunken mates down the bar talking about some scrubber, this is my wife and the mother of my children you are talking about. Perhaps if your mother had kept her legs together in the past you would not be here now hiding behind anonymity being obnoxious.

Guesthouse – As a longtime and I believe respected member I take it yours was a humorous remark without malicious intent and in that sprit I did find it amusing.

Like – build766 – and many other expats I have paid UK taxes and National Insurance since I started work. I have never been on the dole or claimed any state benefits I have also been fortunate in being healthy and not made much use of the National Health Service.

In all that time as a single person I was deducted the maximum tax out of my earnings.

I am now retired and I am ”ENTILED” to my pension. It is not something the government is generous enough to give to me, I paid for it with my weekly contributions for the last 40 odd years. If I was in the UK I would be entitled to more allowances, we would get free medical and the kids free schooling, plus free travel and probably some housing allowance.

I chose to live in Thailand thereby giving up a substantial portion of what would be my ENTITLEMENT should I go back to live in the UK. So forgive me if I resent the implication that by living here having a Thai wife and kids I am a scrounger and somehow defrauding the UK taxpayer.

Guesthouse – As a longtime and I believe respected member I take it yours was a humorous remark without malicious intent and in that sprit I did find it amusing.

My comment on Entitlement is double edged - Humorous, but also an observation on an aspect of people's personality.

By 'Entitlement' and 'Entitled' I'm referring to the attitude that one is owed something. Well undoubtedly if you have paid National Insurance and Taxes, you are, but it goes a bit beyond that when being 'entitled' extends to not making any alternative provisions, or spending personal wealth with the intent of throwing oneself on the welfare system or feeling ill done by because you can't continue claiming all the benefits you might have claimed had you remained at home.

I heard a find example of this 'entitlement' thinking a week ago on the news.

In the light of the financial crash a member of the public rang in to comment 'The Government are telling us to save for our old age but with this financial crash........ '

I'm left thinking - 'Why does anyone need the government to tell them to save to be able to keep themselves in their old age?'

Its the 'Entitlement Trap' - you hand over money, responsibility, choice and freedom to the government and then moan like crazy when they don't give you what you think you are entitled to.

My comment on Entitlement is double edged - Humorous, but also an observation on an aspect of people's personality.

By 'Entitlement' and 'Entitled' I'm referring to the attitude that one is owed something. Well undoubtedly if you have paid National Insurance and Taxes, you are, but it goes a bit beyond that when being 'entitled' extends to not making any alternative provisions, or spending personal wealth with the intent of throwing oneself on the welfare system or feeling ill done by because you can't continue claiming all the benefits you might have claimed had you remained at home.

I heard a find example of this 'entitlement' thinking a week ago on the news.

In the light of the financial crash a member of the public rang in to comment 'The Government are telling us to save for our old age but with this financial crash........ '

I'm left thinking - 'Why does anyone need the government to tell them to save to be able to keep themselves in their old age?'

Its the 'Entitlement Trap' - you hand over money, responsibility, choice and freedom to the government and then moan like crazy when they don't give you what you think you are entitled to.

Guesthouse

Its the 'Entitlement Trap' - you don't just hand over money, responsibility, choice and freedom to the government and then moan like crazy when they don't give you what you think you are entitled to.

Certainly all the time I worked in the UK for the military and UK based companies you actually have no choice in the matter. Any government in charge takes income tax and National Insurance directly from your salary via your employer who will be penalised should they or you refuse to pay. Both you and your employer contribute to the system ata rate decided by the government in power at the time.

Then having taken your money they "generously" return it to you in the form of a benefit or pension.

However as they pay your pension they also set the rates that income tax is payable back to the government.

The sad part of this is that the population of the UK is ageing and less people are in employment so contributions to the pension funds are getting less and the current government has told the population to invest in their own pension plans for the future but in what? Stocks and shares, houses, land?

["In the light of the financial crash a member of the public rang in to comment 'The Government are telling us to save for our old age but with this financial crash........ '

I'm left thinking - 'Why does anyone need the government to tell them to save to be able to keep themselves in their old age?' "]

The really sad part is that my son in the UK who is 30 will have to work from the age of 18 until he is 70 to qualify for a pension that will be probably be worth less than the one I will get.

He is living with his long time girlfriend and as they are both working they will have to make a choice of owning a home or having a family, but sadly not both.

Unfortunately a QROPS is not applicable to state benefits or military pensions so I am unable to remove my pension from the UK.

Unfortunately a QROPS is not applicable to state benefits or military pensions so I am unable to remove my pension from the UK.

No, but you did state you worked for 2 private companies as well and I assumed these pensions would be separate from your military/state pension. However I guess if this was just 15 years then the costs would outweigh the benefits.

Edited by Treborz

No, but you did state you worked for 2 private companies as well and I assumed these pensions would be separate from your military/state pension. However I guess if this was just 15 years then the costs would outweigh the benefits.

Stay well clear of QROPS!

http://www.moneymarketing.co.uk/item/176096