PM Calls On Nation To Band Together Against Narcotics

Jai Dee

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An easy way to get rid of "elements" someone don't like under the name of Drugs!

The same was happens already and starting again: a governmental order to kill!

And again the "magic" 90 days!

All you government supporters should really starting to think again!!

Cheers.

Somchai, however, said that Thaksin was not responsible for the deaths.

"In fact, those people had committed wrongdoing. It was not extra-judicial killing by police. They were killed by drugs dealers," he said, repeating the government line at the time.

Where are the toilets ? I have to vomit.

there is a say in german which means free translated "I can't eat as much as I want to vomit"......

An easy way to get rid of "elements" someone don't like under the name of Drugs!

Cheers.

There was a speech from HM the King about the war against drugs of Thaksin. I can't recall enough to quote something, maybe someone can find/remember something.

Will this apply to marijuana as well?

What a shame if it does, Thailand had some of the worlds fineset quality weed, it would promote tourism if they legalised it, and provide a valuable income for farmers and tax revenue for the government.

Pot is a class 5 narcotic in Thailand.

PM revives War on Drugs

Concerns raised over human rights violations

PM Somchai yesterday revived the controversial war on drugs, kicking off a 90-day campaign and stirring concerns about a new wave of human rights violations. He played down the deaths of thousands of people in the previous war on drugs by the Thaksin administration, which drew condemnation from around the world - deaths Thai authorities blamed on drug dealers. Delivering an anti-drugs policy, Somchai called on the authorities to exploit all the resources at their disposal to fight drugs. "Drugs abound because there is a demand. We have to reduce the number of buyers. Without buyers, there can be nothing to worry about, even if the drugs are sold for 25 satang," he said. The anti-drugs drive will be evaluated on a monthly basis. Former PM Thaksin's war on drugs, launched in 2003, was criticised by many people in Thailand and abroad. More than 2,500 people were killed. A barrage of complaints and reports claimed many of those who died had nothing to do with the drug trade. Human rights activists and relatives of many of the dead accused police of extra-judicial killings. Two fact-finding committees were set up to look into the complaints by the victims' relatives and human rights advocates, but no charges have ever been laid. The committees claimed they had found no grounds on which to indict anyone for murder. Thaksin and the police claimed the victims were killed by drug gangs. "Police are responsible for the suppression of drugs, not for killing," Somchai said.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/071108_News/07Nov2008_news01.php

Mr. Somchai remarked also that he believed the policies set by the Thaksin Administration against drugs were effective in reducing the problem while admitting that the issue of extra-judicial execution would have to be examined by the court.

Yes, after 3 years....

Yeah...and during this time YOU and ME will be his\her feeders, paying his\her food&etc from our pockets (by paying the taxes).

And much longer - if he\she get a lifetime jail sentence....

Why not overdose the pushers by their "product for sell"? It will cost taxpayers just a single injection and 10-15min of time. No courts, no jails, no budget wasting...

Rude? Yes. Strong? Yes. Impolite? And so what? All of those pushers doing THE SAME to our kids. Lets just turn the process back...

Your precious kids can always say no you know. Its not compulsory to take drugs .. its a choice.

When i was a kid there was much peer pressure to smoke cigarettes. I never did. I had a choice and exercised it. The same with alcohol and drugs. I had all these choices when young and made my own decision (no on all counts in case you were wondering)

:D

The fashion is to bring up kids that become whining 'adults' :o , that take no responsibility for their own actions, blame someone else for all their failures and need constant protection from the state. The lack of parenting plays into the hands of govts. that love to control as much as possible.

Edited by OlRedEyes

head of village made lists of drug dealers but put instead his enemies on the list etc....

Sorry, but I did not talk about any lists nor village leaders.

I talk about the adequate justice AFTER the drugs distribution is confirmed - not meaningless talks or lists. EVERYONE in the village (especially head of village!) able to point you to the exact person who ALWAYS have some "packs" for sell (sometimes they're giving you the "starters" for free, FYI). Always. EVERYONE know them - its kinda of "good but hidden business" around the poor people there. Just come and check by yourself if you still in doubt... :o

Which list do they need for more? More papers, MiBs, advocates, more bureaucracy...much more undertable money (of course!!)? C'mon, man..... This way will never stop the drugs - check the world's history.

Edited by alex_aka_P

Your precious kids can always say no you know. Its not compulsory to take drugs .. its a choice.

When i was a kid there was much peer pressure to smoke cigarettes. I never did. I had a choice and exercised it. The same with alcohol and drugs. I had all these choices when young and made my own decision (no on all counts in case you were wondering)

Dont make me laugh pls. You're not smoking nor drinking - that's good. But I am pretty sure that you've tried smoking and drinking earlier (perhaps for a several times - who knows), and you not like it that time. So you've stopped that. Dont tell us that you're an angel with no experience in that. :D

With the drugs, it is very difficult to stop after a few tries. You get addicted to that (more or less) after the 1st try.

I know no one who was addicted to drugs, but had quit that without the medical assistance. No one. There are only 2 ways to go after the 1st try - to the clinic, or to the graveyard. And most of them have selected the 2nd way. :o

correctly , kids have a choice. Like everything with demand and supply be it sex or drugs , there will always be a trade (despite the many attempts to stop them.. why do they bother?) , and kids like everyone else have the choice to get involved or not.

Pls show me even one Thai teenager with such of strong position and thinking. :D

When you're a teenager, it is VERY difficult to say NO if your buddies offering you to "go and try something as adults do".

C'mon, man...havent you be a boy earlier? :D

PS: drug pushers mostly looking for the "fresh members" especially within this age. High-schools, colleges, universities...etc. It is almost impossible for the parents to control their teenagers (they think they are "adult" already) all the day round, so those buddies doing their black business. :o

A note: No, you don't get a physical addiction after the first try. Not even to cocaine, crack or even the sweet-slimy heroin. Continuing to use it is always a choice.

Yes, but they are STILL around and watching you when you think about "second try". And they ALWAYS offering you the second "free trial" or something else to catch you. And the third.... until you are their.

It is their business, man.

PS: with some types of drugs (mostly synthetic ones - LSD for example), you'll get involved after the 1st try. Those pushers can easily "make a mix" for you - you won't even notice that until you're in. :o

A note: No, you don't get a physical addiction after the first try. Not even to cocaine, crack or even the sweet-slimy heroin. Continuing to use it is always a choice.

Yes, but they are STILL around and watching you when you think about "second try". And they ALWAYS offering you the second "free trial" or something else to catch you. And the third.... until you are their.

It is their business, man.

PS: with some types of drugs (mostly synthetic ones - LSD for example), you'll get involved after the 1st try. Those pushers can easily "make a mix" for you - you won't even notice that until you're in. :o

Not true. Everyone I know that used drugs (not alcohol) are high income people and they use it during parties on weekends and whatnot. Some go deeper than they should after a while, but it's always voluntary and they wasn't tricked or hooked. It's a mental addiction long before a physical one. And a drug dealer isn't going to give you 20 hits for free with the hope that you will get properly hooked.

As long as there are people on the Earth, there will be a demand for drugs, and as long as there is demand there will be supply.

All dealers, traffickers and pushers know the penalties for getting caught and yet the trade still continues. Look at all of the traffickers around the world who get life sentences or execution each year, I'd be willing to bet that not a single one of them was not aware of the consequences. As long as money is to be made then dealers will take the risks, regardless of the consequences.

A 'war' on drugs may reduce the available supply for a while but nothing more. What more is that the risk factor increases and therefore so does the price, making the trade more lucrative and therefore more attractive to the dealers/suppliers. What's more is that 'removing' one dealer from the trade simply opens a door for a new dealer to step in.

To stop the production would be all but impossible, it would take a huge international effort to find and destroy production/farming facilities. This also includes tackling countries for whom stopping production would not be in their best interests (Bolivia for example). This would also be an ongoing effort.

Education could help, comments such as 'one hit' and your hooked do not help because it simply is not true and therefore loses credibility for the "Don't do drugs" thing. Again demand will always remain.

I remember once watching a documentary about a group of monkeys on an Island resort. These monkeys would raid the beach for whatever has been left behind by people including alcoholic drinks. Some of these monkeys would remain Tee-Total, some occasional drinkers and other alcoholics and so on. The incredible thing was that the ratio of tee-totallers, alcoholics etc EXACTLY matched the same ratios in human beings. Strongly suggesting suggesting that some people will use drugs whist others will simply say no, as a matter if choice driven by a natural instinct.

Edited by globalj

I thought i was going to have to spend an hour or so defending my position on this issue this morning against the usual government schpeel so predictably put by alex_aka_P. (you know .. the "children have no brains to think for themself so we the govt have to do it for them " line. Complete crap of course)

Imagine my delight therefore to see brilliant posts by olredeyes and TAWP who perhaps better than i could have done have summed up the REALITY. Thanks guys you have saved me a lot of time this morning. I agree with all you both have written.

Locked and loaded for the latest Drug War... :o

363.jpg

Justice Minister Somsak Kiatsuranond

Somsak kicks off northern drugs drive

CHIANG MAI : Justice Minister Somsak Kiatsuranond yesterday kicked off a drugs suppression drive in the North amid concerns that the revived campaign was just another populist scheme to strengthen the People Power Party's political grip on the region. Concerns were rife at yesterday's meeting which was attended by 500 people to learn about the government's 90-day drugs suppression operation scheduled to run from this month through to January next year. Sources said that under the operation plan, the Office of the Narcotics Control Board (ONCB) will allocate money to fund the campaign nationwide. Budgets will be managed by provincial governors. As for the northern campaign, the ONCB Region 5 would set aside 300 Million Baht to fund the campaign in the region. The campaign was to be carried out within the bounds of the law. The amount of 300 Million Baht was just a start-up fund. Local administrative organisations were instructed to contribute about 5% of their annual budgets to support the scheme, said the source. The local bodies were not required to explain the disbursement of the drug-fighting money. A former classmate of Thaksin at the Armed Forces Academies Preparatory School was appointed to advise Somchai on the drugs campaign, the sources said.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/081108_News/08Nov2008_news04.php

Govt's war on drugs launched to last 90 days

The government has launched a new round of drug crackdown in a ceremony presided over by Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat on Thursday.

The war on drugs is scheduled between November and January.

In his speech, Somchai encouraged authorities to devote their full attention to fight trafficking although he cautioned them that his government would not condone silent killings which mired the 2003 campaign against illicit drugs.

The fight against traffickers will strictly follow the prescribed legal proceedings, he said.

He called for the step-up of awareness campaign for young people to realise the harmful effects of drug abuse.

Source: The Nation - 06 November 2008

maybe start searching D passport holders bags :o

Mr. Somchai remarked also that he believed the policies set by the Thaksin Administration against drugs were effective in reducing the problem while admitting that the issue of extra-judicial execution would have to be examined by the court.

Yes, after 3 years....

Yeah...and during this time YOU and ME will be his\her feeders, paying his\her food&etc from our pockets (by paying the taxes).

Why not overdose the pushers by their "product for sell"? It will cost taxpayers just a single injection and 10-15min of time. No courts, no jails, no budget wasting...

Rude? Yes. Strong? Yes. Impolite? And so what? All of those pushers doing THE SAME to our kids. Lets just turn the process back...

Why do you not simply instruct your children not to take drugs? Make it clear to them that if they do, you will literally kill them. That should work, no? After all, if they break the law while buying drugs, fuc_k 'em.

PM calls on nation to band together against narcotics

Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat presided over the "90 days to End Drug Trafficking" event...

Source: National News Bureau of Thailand - 06 November 2008

Sounds loke a clearance sale during high season. Prices are being slashed down.

Yes, after 3 years....

you take no drugs????- thats really hard because they're in everything,

MSN, steroids, etc, etc, and you something, much much worse than many so called 20 times worse than something drugs

oh I guess you mean the Illegal ones

the ones the silly law makers who break they're own rules , waste so much time, tax payers money,s and the energy trying to enforce stupid unenforable laws try to stop people from taking

but it is good that you found you own the free choice

i also remember being pushed to smoke too ( legal stuff, the really harmful types))

Will this apply to marijuana as well?

What a shame if it does, Thailand had some of the worlds fineset quality weed, it would promote tourism if they legalised it, and provide a valuable income for farmers and tax revenue for the government.

Pot is a class 5 narcotic in Thailand.

another fact that suggest any sort of progress in the near future is so unlikely

this childish westren and totaly failed imposed gut reaction serves nobody , bar the drug dealers/ smugglers.They love it, do we love helping them?

it certainly stop almost anyone from indulging- so I ask, what is the points of this if the law was made to benifit societys

and TV mod,s- please

try not to be like your many posters

when you ask a question allow someone to answer it before topic closed- maybe you have been here too long soundman ( wink, wink, take with humour please this remarks, i know by and large you have all done great by running this TV and many are grateful)

Cheers.

I see you repeating this 'all you government supporters' line quite often. I have not noticed any significant number of govt. supporters here on TV at all. I think you get this idea from people criticizing the PAD, and then you assume they support the govt.

It is not a 'pick your side' situation. Most people criticize both sides. No need to pick one of two rotten apples.

Maybe we should all just 'Toe the line ' as the government has suggested , make a citizens arrest of those sniffing on yaabaa smoke or puffing on a reefer , tote them off to the local police establishment and hand him over . Oh , just a moment , the guy just paid his 'Tea money ' , wanders out behind you and kicks the bejeebers out of you whilst the BiB stand by as witness , come on , get real , this guy just paid 'Tea money' , what did you contribute ? They saw you attack him , right ? Yeah , let us all be good citizens shall we ? .