Briton Arrested In Drugs Bust

george

Railway police arrest Pattaya drugs gang

BANGKOK: -- Railway police officers yesterday arrested two Thais and an Englishman accused of selling methamphetamines to tourists in Thailand's seaside resort of Pattaya.

Mr. Theerachat Chaengsaengthong, Mrs. Yupin Somboonsaengarun and Mr. Gary Anderson, Mr. Yupin's British husband, confessed to being involved in a drugs gang which transported methamphetamines from the country's northern region to sell to foreign tourists.

A police raid on the house of Mrs. Yupin and Mr. Anderson netted 8,000 valium tablets, while Mr. Theerachat was arrested in possession of 10,000 methamphetamines tablets in Bangkok.

Pol. Maj. Gen. Santi Wichakhana, head of the Railway Police, said today that Mr. Anderson and his Thai wife operated a construction company to disguise their narcotics trading.

The three have been charged with the possession of methamphetamines with intent to sell.

-- TNA 2004-12-07

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A police raid on the house of Mrs. Yupin and Mr. Anderson netted 8,000 valium tablets, while Mr. Theerachat was arrested in possession of 10,000 methamphetamines tablets in Bangkok.

The three have been charged with the possession of methamphetamines with intent to sell.

Until the full facts come out we shouldn't jump to any conclusions, maybe they're heavy users and this was just their personal stash :o:D

-- TNA 2004-12-07

Dont quite understand how Mr anderson and Mrs yupin could be implicated in the narcotics offenses when it states that '

A police raid on the house of Mrs. Yupin and Mr. Anderson netted 8,000 valium tablets'(which are not narcotics and availible without pescription in LOS)....

Never the less They'll be all booked in at the hilton ....Heard countless stories of people being fitted up for this kind thing in LOS though.Are some felang people just incredibley stupid or is it that theres alot of tuck-up merchants thais about???

I go with legalize all drugs. Making laws did not stop people from taking the drug alcohol in the 1920's and actually Organized the theretofor unorganized crime.

Opiate use in the US has remained steady.

We still have people dying from alcohol. If they want to die from something else, let them.

Making the drugs illegal on makes the drugs more expensive. This increases the likelyhood they are going to break into your house or mug you.

Means we need less police, less prisons and less property crime.

You are never going to legislate morality.

These are crimes without victims, unless you want to count the families, who need to bring massive pressure on the INDIVIDUAL just the way it is done with alcoholic intervention.

Legalize them, tax them and let people who want them have them.

A police raid on the house of Mrs. Yupin and Mr. Anderson netted 8,000 valium tablets . . . . . .

It's just a wild guess; but I reckon they are going to need about that lot (of Valium) to survive in that :o Bangkok Hilton . . . .

IF it's a true story; these people are not the cleverest, that's for sure !

No smoke without fire, just send them to court in a couple of years time then sentence them to a vast amount of years in jail. At least he will be able to speak fluent Thai when he gets out more than he would have been able to do in Pattaya. :o

-- TNA 2004-12-07

Dont quite understand how Mr anderson and Mrs yupin could be implicated in the narcotics offenses when it states that '

A police raid on the house of Mrs. Yupin and Mr. Anderson netted 8,000 valium tablets'(which are not narcotics and availible without pescription in LOS)....

Where have you been hiding? Valium is now a perscription only drug, and only available wih a medical perscription. Yes you could buy it over the counter, but not now. There are quite a few other "medications" that have also been placed on the restricted list. Any Pharmacy found selling these over the counter without a perscription will loose their licence.

So the worst they can be charged with is posession with intent to distribute a perscribed drug. UNLESS they can be tied in with the brother, which no doubt the authorities will manage to do somehow :o

I go with legalize all drugs. Making laws did not stop people from taking the drug alcohol in the 1920's and actually Organized the theretofor unorganized crime.

We still have people dying from alcohol. If they want to die from something else, let them.

Making the drugs illegal on makes the drugs more expensive. This increases the likelyhood they are going to break into your house or mug you.

These are crimes without victims, unless you want to count the families, who need to bring massive pressure on the INDIVIDUAL just the way it is done with alcoholic intervention.

I say let the thais make thier own laws.If they want to classify a drug user in the same way if not worse than a kiddie fiddler would be here in the uk, thats their perogative.

I do find this story a tad bit on the bizzarre side though .I cant help being instinctively

sceptical of any such story as im sure the balance of justice here can quite easily leave an inocent felang sweating out the rest of his/her days at the bh,But as i said, that is just my own sceptisism.

-- TNA 2004-12-07

So the worst they can be charged with is posession with intent to distribute a perscribed drug. UNLESS they can be tied in with the brother, which no doubt the authorities will manage to do somehow :o

where the ###### was any mention of her brother? is this a 4th person that has been arrested???

Yeh brilliant, then we''ll have loads of spaced out idiots roaming the streets.

It will certainley help the police would'nt it? they could then spend time scraping drugged up drivers off of the streets, or maybe innocent kids or men or women who were unfortunate enough to be in their way.

Use your brain, how can making it legal be better? :o

Hmmmm, even if they obtained some of it legally via prescription, but having 8,000 plus another 10,000 of these suckers, is not personal stash and no dummy of a cop would pass that off as nonsense. It is quite obvious when you have that much there is only two things in mind. One to sell to customers or the other is to sell to a dealer who in turn then sells to customers. This Britain is very darn stupid cause of the many reports of what happens to foreigners getting caught with illegal dope here in Thailand.

Yep, you can bet the next room being made available is the Hilton. Please sign your name and we will take you to your new accomodations and they will do it with a smile Thai way knowing your going to be totally ######atoo for quite a while

Daveyo

Yeh brilliant, then we''ll have loads of spaced out idiots roaming the streets.

It will certainley help the police would'nt it?  they could then spend time scraping drugged up drivers off of the streets, or maybe innocent kids or men or women who were unfortunate enough to be in their way.

Use your brain, how can making it legal be better? :o

My thoughts exactly, Dave. Anyone who's been here over a year will remember those bare-chested, wired-out-of-their-skulls labourers holding a carving knife to some kid's throat that were a regular feature on the nightly TV news.

"Use your brain, how can making it legal be better?"

Completely agree, Dave.

While conceptually it might be nice to de-criminalize a vice, tell that to the pedestrians who are killed and maimed. The roads are dicey enough to cross right now, without legalized drugs.

Making them cheaper and more readily available would bound to increase use by young people as well IMO.

~WISteve

I thought valium was legal???

10,000 methamphetamines tablets- not legal.

8000 valium tablets- Adds to the volume and glory of the bust and led them to the ya-ba.

Dealers of Ya-Ba off the street- Priceless.

"Use your brain, how can making it legal be better?"

Completely agree, Dave.

While conceptually it might be nice to de-criminalize a vice, tell that to the pedestrians who are killed and maimed.  The roads are dicey enough to cross right now, without legalized drugs.

Making them cheaper and more readily available would bound to increase use by young people as well IMO.

~WISteve

Decriminalization of small amounts of for example cannabis and other very light drugs is one thing, and may actually be helpful to the police in the long run since they can safely concentrate on more pressing issues without having to bring people in for a little bag of a few buds of grass, but as for legalizing the whole lot of drugs with no discrimination, only a crackhead could believe that is a good idea.

It is totally up in the blue. Saying that natural selection would solve it is incredibly cynical as well, and reveals a lack of understanding of the effects heavy drugs have on the social fabric in terms of broken relations between family members and friends.

The number of users would definitely increase, especially for cheap amphetamine type drugs that can cause violent and erratic behaviour and serious depression withdrawal in users, including psychosis after uninterrupted periods of heavy use.

Freedom of choice is not applicable as a principle in this case, because heavy addiction limits the ability to make rational choices.

Update on my view of druggies just top em.

What defines a 'drug', and more specifically, a 'druggie'. Who are those that dictate what and what are not drugs? Sorry, again I become infuriated when I hear this narrow minded nonsense. Were we not here today in this 'modern' world if were not for drugs of all natural and pharmaceutical derived forms. Caffeine, Opiates, Amphetamines, Valium, Lysergic Acid Diethylamide - early forms....moving onto 5-MeO-AMT, 5-MeO-DMT, 2-CB and numerous other drugs all your governments are currently trying out in order to find new powers of social order. Please, people, open your eyes.

quote by darkling

Update on my view of druggies just top em.

does that include those who dispense the two largest (drug) killers in the world Alcohol and tobacco??

Or do you agree that the monetary gains in taxes by the governments overide this??

regards

Freddie

I still don't see where the Railway Police fit into all this???????????????

Well known fact that the State Railway Authority of Thailand (SRT) own alot of land throughout Thailand. After the royal household, they are one of the largest land lords in Thailand.

My guess, the house was located on SRT owned land, where Railway coppers technically have juristiction.

Pol. Maj. Gen. Santi Wichakhana, head of the Railway Police, said today that Mr. Anderson and his Thai wife operated a construction company to disguise their narcotics trading.

-- TNA 2004-12-07

I guess someone somewhere in Pattaya will be waiting a long time for their house to be finished if this guy was on their construction team. Anybody ever heard of him or seen any pictures?