Loy Kratong

HowardJohnson

I went to Pattaya beach last year and I was a bit disappointed (plus the weather was crap!) so I am thinking about heading up to Mabprachan lake this year.

Does it get real busy up there?

Whats the parking situation like?

Is there an area where most people go?

Any recommendations?

Many thanks

HoJo

> Any recommendations?

Best to set your Kratongs on the water up-wind so they float off away from you - so many times they are cast off on the lee shore amoung puzzled Thais that wonder why they don't float away as they do on the TAT television adverts.

Hey HoJo, Beach or Lake may I suggest neither find the near River(my case we will visit a little Resort near the Mekong(UBON)) so those bad deeds can float far far away hopefully somewhere in the middle of the South China Sea. :D:(:o Anyway whatever/whereever do hope you and your Lady have a WONDERFUL Loy Kratong. :D:D:D

There are a couple of places around the lake.

Pong, opposite the Oh Bor Tor they have biggish affair with all the local Moos each making a very fancy kratong to be judged. There are food stalls, bands, and market stalls. Plenty of parking if you are early or if enjoy a bit of a walk. :o They had a special jetty for launching your kratong last year not investigated the full setup this year as they are still building. :D

There are a number of less formal places where people go down to the water to launch their kratongs many opposite bars or restaurants, like the Fishermans rest.

There is another organized one just off Soi Siam CC. Not sure about what they have, maybe some one from that part of the neighborhood will chime in.