64750 Not Enouth

yesterday i was in KAP CHEUNG immigratrion office for a renew of my one year extension of non immigration visa typ o

i make every year the retiremend visa

as you know the baht is very strong in the moment and my embassy give me this year a pension letter over (only) 64750 baht.......

not enough said the immigration officer in KAP CHEUNG you must show a letter over 65 000 not less .....big boss in BKK controls everything

I show my bank book with enough money .......it was not good enought

so I must go to the bank (other side street in KAP CHEUNG) and get a bank statement over some money in my bank account

OK i give the bank letter to KAP CHEUNG immigration and they give me my visa

let me say one thing the immigration officers ( 2 woman ) are very friendly and helpfull in KAP CHEUNG and beauty too ..however things have changed now you must have new pension letter every year from your embassy and this letter must show the demanded sum of money exately

if you make the retiredment visa ..no problem take a letter from your bank with you

if you make a married visa and must show 45 000 ( and maybe not have ) good luck for you

If you cannot meet the income requirement you can top up with your bank deposit to the required amount. A letter from the bank is need to verify.

A new embassy letter every year has been required for quite a while now.

The income needed for the marriage extension is 40,000 a month.

Yes we are all struggling with the exchange rates but Immigration do not make allowances. The rules say 65.000 or 40,000.

If you cannot meet the income requirement you can top up with your bank deposit to the required amount. A letter from the bank is need to verify.

Yes we are all struggling with the exchange rates but Immigration do not make allowances. The rules say 65.000 or 40,000.

if you make a mariied visa after oct 2006 your pension letter from embassy must show 40 000

not less you can top nothing with your bank account good luck to you if your pension letter shows only 39 000 baht

if you make a mariied visa after oct 2006 your pension letter from embassy must show 40 000

not less you can top nothing with your bank account good luck to you if your pension letter shows only 39 000 baht

Correct. But you can get your Wife to pay tax on a fictitious income to make up the shortfall. I have never done this but members have reported doing this.

Yes, you need the bank letter when you use the combination of income and money in the bank, but the money does not have to have been in the account for at least three months.

--

Maestro

but only for the grandfather rule....means married visa make first time before 6. oct 2006

Yes, you need the bank letter when you use the combination of income and money in the bank, but the money does not have to have been in the account for at least three months.

--

Maestro

The 400'000 Baht in the bank is no longer available for new applicants.

The requirement is 40,000 Baht a month family income.

You need a letter from your Embassy as proof of this if it is your income from abroad or a record from the tax office if the income is from inside Thailand.

Yes, bumbai, but this does not concern you since you are applying for the retirement extension according to your original post. No mention there of your being married to a Thai and if you were your foreign income of 64,750 Baht would be more than enough for the marriage extension.

--

Maestro

Yes, bumbai, but this does not concern you since you are applying for the retirement extension according to your original post. No mention there of your being married to a Thai and if you were your foreign income of 64,750 Baht would be more than enough for the marriage extension.

--

Maestro

No I am single and I stay single more sheep more happy

yesterday i was in KAP CHEUNG immigratrion office for a renew of my one year extension of non immigration visa typ o

as you know the baht is very strong in the moment and my embassy give me this year a pension letter over (only) 64750 baht.......

not enough said the immigration officer in KAP CHEUNG you must show a letter over 65 000 not less .....big boss in BKK controls everything

so I must go to the bank (other side street in KAP CHEUNG) and get a bank statement over some money in my bank account

let me say one thing the immigration officers ( 2 woman ) are very friendly and helpfull in KAP CHEUNG and beauty too ..however things have changed now you must have new pension letter every year from your embassy and this letter must show the demanded sum of money exately

if you make the retiredment visa ..no problem take a letter from your bank with you

if you make a married visa and must show 45 000 ( and maybe not have ) good luck for you

Lucky you only have to go across the street and get the bank letter (if I recall only one bank in that village)

I would have had to go and back 400km + maybe wait 1 or 2 days to get the letter back to immigration

In any cases as you say the ladies at Kap Cheong are kind and pretty and it is a real easy place to get an extension

I'm just curious how did they come to establish 65,000 per month as being the standard

in the first place when the average Thai lives on an income of 15,000 -20,000?

It always seems strange to me that a married man with children only needs to prove an income of 40,000 baht per month to live in LOS whereas a single pensioner, presumably with less expenses, needs 65,000 baht per month.

I remember when I first came here in 1989 the Bangkok Post printed a report from the British Embassy in Bangkok which listed "average" costs for anyone thinking of coming to live here.

I can't remember the figures, but the total was around 50,000 baht per month. However the total did include the cost of domestic staff (chauffeur, 2 maids, 2 gardeners, 2 house boys, security staff etc), land tax, and the cost of 4 air-con units on 24/7. Expenses that we all (of course) have to pay.

With estimates like that, it's no wonder that the Thai Immigration thinks we all need a big income to support ourselves.

Lucky you only have to go across the street and get the bank letter (if I recall only one bank in that village)

I would have had to go and back 400km + maybe wait 1 or 2 days to get the letter back to immigration

In any cases as you say the ladies at Kap Cheong are kind and pretty and it is a real easy place to get an extension

Yes other side street you find one filiale BKK bank