Embedding A Photo Into A Post

cymruambyth1

Hi Guys,

I feel a bit stupid asking this, and believe me I have spent a good hour trying to find out the answer before asking here.

Q: How do I embed / place a photo into the body of a post please? It keeps asking me for a URL. The file is on my computer, it does not have a URL...or does it?

Once again, sorry for asking but I really want to throw some stuff into Evaluate My Photos and I am too stupid to even place the photos there.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys,

I feel a bit stupid asking this, and believe me I have spent a good hour trying to find out the answer before asking here.

Q: How do I embed / place a photo into the body of a post please? It keeps asking me for a URL. The file is on my computer, it does not have a URL...or does it?

Once again, sorry for asking but I really want to throw some stuff into Evaluate My Photos and I am too stupid to even place the photos there.

Thanks in advance.

You have to upload your picture first on a web server, for instance here: http://imagehoster.us

Use the "Browse" button, select your picture from your computer, and click on "Upload Image". Then, your image will be uploaded on ImageHoster.us and the code that you have to insert in your post will be displayed.

70cf3b475c.gif

Note that only the underlined part is needed, but it won't hurt if you copy and paste the whole line.

The result in your post will be the following:

11990bca70.jpg

It's quite simple really.

Re-size your pic at (say) 72dpi and 800 pixels long side. Convert it to sRGB to be browser friendly. Place it on your desktop.

When in "New Post" you'll see an area as per the attched image.

Click on choose - source the image on your desktop and then click upload

This is a far better and user friendly way to go about posting images as you are initially providing a thumbnail for easy viewing. Posting full size pics WITHIN the text is a nightmare for people on a slow connection.

Hope this helps

Edited by The Vulcan