Suvarnabhumi Airport Is The Worst Airport In Thailand

evenadda

I think that Suvarnabhumi Airport is the worst airport in Thailand for 3 reasons. First, Suvarnabhumi Airport has mush bad news in construction about corruption. For example, the news said that the CTX corruption case. The government bought CTX that is a scanning machine in unusual cost because they bought it in an expensive cost more than normal. The government bought 26 CTXs. In fact, the total price of CTX is 1400 million baht but the government bought for 2600 million baths. Second, In airport found crack on the runways such as airplane runways and taxi runways. Airplane runways found cracks about 50 points and taxi runways found cracks about 100 points. The problem of cracks was water seep in the ground at the joint of runways. The beginning solving of this problem is to control water level in the underground. Finally, the toilets of the passenger terminal have a lot of problems such as not enough toilets, dirty and far away from passenger lounge. Suvarnabhumi Airport is the national airport and has many passengers so it need to have more 10,000 toilets in the airport but there are less than 10,000 toilets thus the toilet is not enough for passengers. For instance, Sometimes women must line up to get into restroom. In toilets are very dirty because maids are not enough. Moreover, There are other problems. For example, water to leak and seep down to the lower floor. Suvarnabhumi Airport is the worst airport in Thailand.

Suvarnabhumi Airport is the national airport and has many passengers so it need to have more 10,000 toilets in the airport but there are less than 10,000 toilets thus the toilet is not enough for passengers.

my late father used to say "too much cheap booze is not good for an insufficient number of brain cells" :o

Suvarnabhumi Airport is the national airport and has many passengers so it need to have more 10,000 toilets in the airport but there are less than 10,000 toilets thus the toilet is not enough for passengers.

my late father used to say "too much cheap booze is not good for an insufficient number of brain cells" :o

Now, we know !

I haven't been to every airport in Thailand so can't say if it's the worst but after the initial opening when there were plenty of problems I've found my last few visits to be trouble free. The taxi tout problem seems to have been fixed, immigration lines are no longer huge and even the baggage handling doesn't take forever like it once did so overall nothing much to complain about from me. Sure, compared to Singapore or Seoul it may not measure up but it is at least servicable now.

I get your point but why post the same question 3 times. Seems you had a little bit too much to drink.

Actually, 5 times! I must say tho' that I've seen a lot worse Airports.

Indeed. Indira Ghandi (Delhi) is substantially worse (you can see the whole roof sagging right above the check-in counters, not to mention the sand-bagged bunkers and heavily armed police/Immigration/military walking around.

Kabul International is about the suckiest I've gone through though (you don't want to even venture near the toilets, even if they have running water at the time).

Swampy has had some problems in a number of areas, but overall it does pretty good. I go in/out from 3-5 times a year, never had a plane lose a tire in a crack, or had a bomb go off in someone's luggage, or had water leak on me while on a lower floor, or even had any problems getting a luggage trolley. The last couple of trips I barely had any line-ups at Immigration (either direction). Everything has gone quite smoothly.

Kabul International is about the suckiest I've gone through though (you don't want to even venture near the toilets, even if they have running water at the time).

Swampy has had some problems in a number of areas, but overall it does pretty good. I go in/out from 3-5 times a year, never had a plane lose a tire in a crack, or had a bomb go off in someone's luggage, or had water leak on me while on a lower floor, or even had any problems getting a luggage trolley. The last couple of trips I barely had any line-ups at Immigration (either direction). Everything has gone quite smoothly.

Thats the first time I have ever heard of that word,if it is one? :o

I do find it funny that there is far better/more signage to the Muslim Prayer Rooms compaired to conveniences that EVERYONE uses.

:D

Dave

Edited by Dave the Dude

Suvarnabhumi Airport is the national airport and has many passengers so it need to have more 10,000 toilets in the airport but there are less than 10,000 toilets thus the toilet is not enough for passengers. For instance, Sometimes women must line up to get into restroom.

10,000 is an awful lot of toilets.. How many passengers are there at any one time?

Thats the first time I have ever heard of that word,if it is one? :o

Dave

For information and learning purposes only. :D

Urban Dictionary Definition:

1. Suckiest

The highest level of sucking

Suckiest beats suckier any day.

From the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary:

Suckiest

Main Entry: sucky

Pronunciation: \ˈsə-kē\

Function: adjective

Inflected Form(s): suck·i·er; suck·i·est

Date: 1984

It seems the consensus is that Swampy is not the "suckiest" (worst) airport internationally, and I would find it hard to believe that there is an International Airport elsewhere in Thailand, that can handle the same number of flights/passengers, and is better than Swampy.

Why must I care about a place where usually spend no more than 2/2.30 hours sometime around the year?

check luggage, check in, some rip-off shopping at King Power Duty Free, then boarding.

I love TV also for all this kind of never-satisfied, insolent, conceited, full of superiority posts.

Yep, getting of a plane and running to get to the first and only toilet before 125 other passengers from the same plane get there to try to pee in one of the 3 pissoirs (that's French for the pot men piss in), that's fun.

Now if you were sitting at the far end of the plane or an other B777/300 landed 5 mintes before your plane did, you ran out of luck.

But help is under way: last time I saw them building extra toilets on the way to domestic gates A/B in the middle of that automatic walkway: just jump over the walkway at the right spot and have a good pee.

I like this post because I will be in today (domestic) and out on Monday (international), eager to try out the fantastic, modern, beautiful, e150 billion Baht expensive infrastructure, The first landmark for tourists arriving in Thailand :o

departing through the airport is actually quite pleasant , if you ignore the poorly finished concrete and generally low quality of the construction and furnishings. its roomy and light . the check in areas are well laid out too.

arriving there is different though , poor signage , stony faced immigration officials , messy tables with immigration forms on them the untidy layout and the difficulty of finding a taxi .it looks 20 years old already there.

it is also disgraceful that the first view of thailand that visitors have after they exit customs is the chaotic mess and the hoards of sleazy drivers , grubby agents and other assorted unauthorized and unlicensed lowlifes whose only function seems to be that of pestering you.

compare it with the travellers joy that is singapore airport , and you can see that thailand has failed big time with this airport.

Indeed. Indira Ghandi (Delhi) is substantially worse (you can see the whole roof sagging right above the check-in counters, not to mention the sand-bagged bunkers and heavily armed police/Immigration/military walking around. Came to my mind as I started reading. Horrible hole aint it? Hard to believe they can send a probe to the moon but can't run an airport.

Kabul International is about the suckiest I've gone through though (you don't want to even venture near the toilets, even if they have running water at the time). Are they as bad as the "toilets" in the Indian train stations? I suppose the Taliban presence ensures that one won't be taking a slow pee.

Swampy has had some problems in a number of areas, but overall it does pretty good. Yup

Perhaps the OP hasn't traveled around asia. My friends insist that Pakistan's airports make Zimbabawe's airport seem modern and efficient.

i wanna share my experiance,i was at swarnabhumi airport,had some time before flying,so just drinking beer in sports bar,n 2 girls came to me with a pimp,n was asking me to go for massage,

they had some room booked at airport,

can u guys belive this,sex massage in airport,

ATLEAST THEY WOULD HAVE LEFT THIS AIRPORT FOR TRAVELLERS ONLY.

I think that Suvarnabhumi Airport is the worst airport in Thailand for 3 reasons. First, Suvarnabhumi Airport has mush bad news in construction about corruption...

Was this post delayed from 2006?

Regarding your three points:

1) Corruption - You don't think those government officials, police, and generals buy Benzes on their salaries do you?

2) Construction - Another way to squeeze money is to down-spec a bid after awarded- see above

3) Toilets - this was supposedly fixed after the airport authorities had admitted to overestimating the size of passenger bladders

Edited by Crash999

Naam has a propensity for putting down other posts. Too bad for him that we don't all think like him.

I get your point but why post the same question 3 times. Seems you had a little bit too much to drink.

OP's remarks weren't grammatically correct. English is probably his/her 2nd language. Are Naam and Nowhereman60 cruising T.Visa to gauge who may have been drinking fermented sugars?

Suvarnabhumi Airport beats London Heathrow every time. Having travelled often to Thailand, it's a pleasure to land there after the hel_l of LHR. That is why the BAA have to sell off there monopoly on the London Airports.

BKK is OK, long walks though through to Immigration from landing stage, but again, not as long as LHR...... :o

The last time through heading back to aussie was really easy it has improved alot from 2 years ago no lines for checkin no 2 hour waits it is bliss .

However it must be a different world once in a airport price of one beer [small stubbie ] I can get 4 big browns in good old Issan country and could have 5 kapow ghais compared to 1 at the airport :o

I have no problems with the airport been through there a number of times the only thing I don't understand is that at a modern airport why do I have to catch the bus out to the plane.

I'm not positive on the reason, but it could have something to do with your flight possibly missing it's scheduled timing, and the gate it should have gone to being used by another aircraft (can't leave the gates sitting vacant for too long, too many other aircraft coming and going). Or problems with the other aircraft that was in the gate previously (and unable to clear it on time).

Or perhaps the airline in question didn't want to pay the fees to park at the gate. Could be other reasons too (i.e. maybe the aircraft was having some minor servicing done between flights). To start the engines just to taxi to the gate and shut down again (only to restart a short time later) is expensive (for fuel).

I remember taking a bus to catch a Japan Airlines flight out of Narita. Not sure why we had to board on the tarmac. During the short ride, I had to listen to a man from a large, English-speaking country telling his small daughter that they had to take a bus because "these people weren't as advanced as us Americans". He was oblivious to the fact (or didn't care) that many people understood every word he said. People were glancing at me, probably thinking I was from the same country, at least until I turned my knapsack around so the Canadian flag was showing.

I've taken buses to/from aircraft on numerous occasions, in Europe, North America, Asia and the Middle East. Never bothered to worry about it, as long as things were progressing. I really hate it when a plane lands, taxis towards the terminal, then stops in the middle of nowhere and you are stuck sitting there, looking at the lights of the terminal, wondering why the h3ll they aren't moving to the gate. Screw the gate, screw the bus. I'll get out and walk to the terminal if it gets me there quicker ! (They really disapprove of passengers trying to get off the plane early though, even if it's on the ground at it's destination !) :o

I come in and out of Swampy a lot more these days both international (long and short haul) and domestic (up to Buriram usually) and I must say that I think it has improved. That is not a statement of praise but only relative to the shambles when it first opened.

The aircon is hit and miss. Too cold one day, seemingly not working the next. Landside there are very few shops on the check in level. As of last week, domestic scanning is now at the entrance to the domestic departures rather than at the gate itself. Just so you have to buy the rip off water from the shops inside.

Food is poor on level 3 landside. I had some Japanese (non shushi / shashimi) which was ok but why is nearly every shop a ramen noodles outlet ? Inside a poor choice in my opinion but airports are not reknown for serving decent food. Prices high but that is nothing new at airports.

Toilets on different levels airside to the restaurants and bars is just abysmal planning but again, even LHR does not have toilets at each food outlet.

Largely it is passable but not if you are stuck waiting. Those awful metal chairs are so uncomfortable. I've been through worse and better. It could have been so good but never as it was built on graft in Thailand.

departing through the airport is actually quite pleasant , if you ignore the poorly finished concrete and generally low quality of the construction and furnishings. its roomy and light . the check in areas are well laid out too.

arriving there is different though , poor signage , stony faced immigration officials , messy tables with immigration forms on them the untidy layout and the difficulty of finding a taxi .it looks 20 years old already there.

it is also disgraceful that the first view of thailand that visitors have after they exit customs is the chaotic mess and the hoards of sleazy drivers , grubby agents and other assorted unauthorized and unlicensed lowlifes whose only function seems to be that of pestering you.

compare it with the travellers joy that is singapore airport , and you can see that thailand has failed big time with this airport.

I could not agree more, especially about the agents and touts. At LHR they are there as well for sure but Mr Plod is not on their payroll. The problem for first time or irregular visitors to Thailand is that these "grubby" agents masquerade as official, authorised people which is in complete contrast to the mob at LHR who look more like illegal immigrants than official business people. Is it better than Don Muang in this respect ? no, I don't think so. At least at DM you could get your breath back after customs before dealing with the hoards of touts as they were held back. at Swampy they are on you like locusts.

It is a great image (not) for a country where most arriving people know scams exist but where they do not really expect the same scams to be authorised by those collecting backhanders. In effect, government authorised theft.