Lao Koa - What The Fook It Isit?

whiterussian

Loa koa , white whiosky, whar percentage? why am i so drunk.? is it dangerous?

wow. good stuff. i moaned that b eeer doesnt get me drunk so mny friend pours me laosd koas. wooopieeeee.!!!

should i drink it it ? or is it bad stuff?

happy loy kratong to you all.

pissd as a newt,

wow. good stuff. i moaned that b eeer doesnt get me drunk so mny friend pours me laosd koas. wooopieeeee.!!!

pissd as a newt,

Isn't it "Lao Khao" (เหล้าขาว = white alcohol)? As every alcoholic beverage, it might be dangerous, depending on your consumption and its origin.

pissd as a newt,

Very useful for getting pissed as a fart--also highly likely to give you stomach cancer-- beware-- I don't touch it anymore.

Lao Khao story: So I'm visiting a friend in a village up near Chaing Dao and go off for a short walk. Passing a house there's a shout of "Farang, come here", where there's this group of about 6 people sitting at a table drinking this stuff! They immediatley offered me a glass and wanted me to down it in one with them (probably the only way you can drink it is without it touching the sides :D ), all very friendly and nice, then they pour another, and another...... before I made my excuses and escaped! 30 minutes later I'm back at my friend's house and he can't understand how I came to be drunk at 11 a.m. in a village that has no bars!

:o Amazing Thailand.

pissd as a newt,

you're really piss*d ain't ya. Spelling proves it :o:D:D

Ya gonna wake up with a real headache ...........

Edited by john b good

i don't find the official bottled, labeled variety all that hangover-inducing. 50 baht for a 600ml bottle, add some ya dong herbal powder, shake well and add it to orange juice. Good taste and good for you. i feel worse after a night of beering. but that's just me.

i don't find the official bottled, labeled variety all that hangover-inducing. 50 baht for a 600ml bottle, add some ya dong herbal powder, shake well and add it to orange juice. Good taste and good for you. i feel worse after a night of beering. but that's just me.

Never had hangover from Lao Khao. :o

In Thailand, home-brewed alcohol, most commonly distilled from glutinous rice, is called lao khao (เหล้าขาว; literally "white liquor") or officially sura khao (สุราขาว). It is sometimes mixed with various herbs to produce a medicinal drink called yadong (ยาดอง; literally "fermented herb (in alcohol)").

Yadong is prepared by mixing lao khao with many kind of herbs and keeping the mixture for 2-4 weeks[21]before it can be used. Some people said that it help them regain strength.[22] Today there is instant herb for making yadong, which shorten time for making it.

Source: wikipedia

In my wife's home village it comes in bin bags (the big black ones) and then you pour it into whatever bottles you have lying around.

There's litres of the stuff drunk at all the funerals and it get's you drunk at about the same rate as whisky. I usually come with a bottle of JW Black and then get offered the local moonshine in return.

Sometimes they add some tree bark to the bottle and leave for a while, which gives it a different taste.

It's never done me irreparable harm (as far as I know), except to my reputation, when I had a bit toooooo much......

LOL, did burst a blood vessel in my eye as it goes, from the heaving... 4 big leos, and 4 shots of moonshine, seems to disagree with me :o

A good end to the drinking season. I need a night like that 'sober' me up.

Re: chuck wowíng...

I can assure you I fly a bigger kite than you do!

alexistakeoffmtcaburniu3.jpg

w640.png

alexisoutwardboundwestfvk6.jpg

w640.png

alexisleaningtotherightpz1.jpg

w640.png

Edited by UKWEBPRO

Thanks! I will ask my pal tonight.

Might explain the psychadelic effects:

Looking on wikipedia:

Sato (rice wine) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sato_(rice_wine) it says:

CAUTIONSome molds and yeasts produce mycotoxins. Ergot, the common name of a fungus in the genus Claviceps that is parasitic on certain grains and grasses, also occurs in tropical regions, and may cause ergotism. Sato and its ingredients should therefore come from trusted sources.

Ergotism http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergotism

As well as seizures there can be hallucinations resembling those produced by LSD

symptoms include painful seizures and spasms, diarrhea, paresthesias, itching, headaches, nausea and vomiting.

(check,check,check..)

or maybe i just cant handle my beers :o

Edited by UKWEBPRO