How To Get Rid Of

binnsy

Do these things do any damage as i appear to one in the roof :o and how can i get rid of it? :D

Sensible answers please

DID YOU ADD A PICTURE TO THE QUESTION AS THERE ISN'T ONE ON THE POSTING ??

No as i have yet to see the critter!!!!!!!Can only hear it

Do these things do any damage as i appear to one in the roof :o and how can i get rid of it? :D

Sensible answers please

Keep it around, they eat bugs, and also good luck if they croak seven times or more. Would like to have one here at home but we have bug sprayers coming around once a month so no geckos either. Up at Saraburi we have a bungalow, got a couple geckos there and treat them real nice. They're harmless, except to bugs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gecko

Mac

Ahh, you mean the Tookay, the bigger brother of the common gecko, or the '<deleted> you lizard' as I used to call them, I thought that was what they where saying at first.

They are very territorial, and while they have a source of food (insects) they will not move on. So, you either let them stay and let them control the bug population, or you kill all the bugs yourself. As they are no danger to people, the first option is probably the easiest.

We have several at our home... There's more of them than there are of us. As the other posters have said, they don't do any harm, aside from the little bundles they occassionally leave lying around. We had a big one, it must have been a grandpa come in, we ran him off with a broom, he hasn't come back. They do eat their weight in bugs though. I'd say let the poor critter hang around, unless you'd rather have all of the bugs.

The more poo the less bugs.

FEWER bugs... :o:D :D

You think you got lizard problems...

TV040.jpg

(Tampa Tribune)

We have about four dtook-gaae outside, which everybody seems to like, but also loads of jing-johks inside. Does it make any sense to try to get rid of the second, while keeping the dtook-gaae? I am not too knowledgeable about whether jing-johks have benefits, but they leave quite a lot of poo around.

We have about four dtook-gaae outside, which everybody seems to like, but also loads of jing-johks inside. Does it make any sense to try to get rid of the second, while keeping the dtook-gaae? I am not too knowledgeable about whether jing-johks have benefits, but they leave quite a lot of poo around.

Those wee ones also eat up a bunch of bugs, sorta fun watching the stalk along the floor after one or many.

As to the "poo," I just put a coaster over my beer mug which pretty much solves that problem.

Mac

Ahh, you mean the Tookay, the bigger brother of the common gecko, or the '<deleted> you lizard' as I used to call them, I thought that was what they where saying at first.

They are very territorial, and while they have a source of food (insects) they will not move on. So, you either let them stay and let them control the bug population, or you kill all the bugs yourself. As they are no danger to people, the first option is probably the easiest.

We had one of these things at a hotel/apartment place that we stayed at in Khon Kaen recently.

Every now and then through the night I could here the same thing. I honestly thought it was a joke electronic door chime on the door of a " bussy " room.

It allways started loud and faded out over a half a dozen repeats.

I was sure it was saying " <deleted> ME ".

Have had the same lizard in our bedroom upcountry waking me up all night but this one sounded different. Maybe eating different bugs or rodents. The wife says that they eat rats as well.