Stockmarket Trading, Forex, Commodities.

EUR/USD. Daily Chart 4th to 8th May out look

Positions of the MA's and the MACD.

From the Double Top in July I have run the to the top of the closing candle. It had trouble breaking the 1.3300 level. When it did. it never closed above it. I will look at this as my first R Level with a key Resistance Level @ 1.3580. I also notice it has bounced off the major trend line (1) about 9 times on the daily chart. Major support being at 1.2900 level.

MA,s 89, 21, 8 have all come together on the Daily. 89 is Flat, 8 has crossed the 21, both point 15 degrees up. The 200 has crossed the 365. 200 is traveling parallel to to Trend line (1)

4HR ma,s The last 5 candles have been trading off the 8ema, which seems to be support at present. prior Ma support was 4 candles bouncing off the 21. , 200 ma looks to be a resistance level whilst the 89 has crossed the 365 which is just pointing up and the 89 is almost parallel to the 21.

Macd. on the daily has 2 small green up bars. however on the 4hr it has run flat on the positive for now 7 bars.

Candles. Daily we have a shooting star,1 bar back, unsure about the last bar. gives me indecision. 4hr we have a shooting star, 2 bars back, both have tails ?

Conclusion. A close above trend line 1 would be my first alert to a long , would like to see a break and close above 1.3387 level would be a confirmation long. On the short side i would wait for a break/close, below 1.2900 for a short. I have no idea what's going to happen. The trend line 1 looks very strong to the short side.

In all I am sure there is a BIG move approaching so Keep a close eye on it.

Also there is alot of major news reports coming out all week. This could well be very volatile, so need to be aware.

Cheers,

Edited by Paulo1

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am presently living in Nong Khai and would like to meet or have dicussions on Trading Financial Markets. I have been trading for 15 years and am willing to give advice on different trading opportunities, systems development etc. Also, i would like learn from what others have to say.

You can reply here or send me a personal message.

Hi. I am also a day trader as well as a swing trader, investor, etc. I would like to connect with people in Thailand who are doing the same. I am particularly interested in what trading platforms traders here have found that work well with the available speed of the internet here. Is anyone successfully trading with Interactive Brokers??? I am trying to trade with a proprietary trading platform -- but I am finding that the execution speeds and the real time data lags -- to such a degree that I need to find another trading platform. I trade the NY market -- S&P, Nasdaq, Dow, etc. Thanks for any advice.

Greg

Hi Greg,

Internet speed here are fine however you can loose connection at anytime, guess like anywhere. I use 2 completely different connects, so I am covered.

Interactive brokers are very good. Have you traded with them before?

Paulo

I have not posted for sometime due to the fact i have been to busy trading. Last week plus 900 pips

EUR/GPB was a great trade. bounced off strong support and pivot, very strong signal @ 8856 2nd .8874 then charge to a high off .8997.

What i like mostly about this trade i entered with a 10 pip stop.

Yes good trade with EURGBP, though it would be even greater if you are still long; it's at 0.9163 now.

A 10 pip stop is quite tight for the hourly time frame, you would get stopped out quite often wouldn't you? The 20 bar hourly ATR has been around 20 to 30 pips.

Are you trading using your own discretion/intuition or an automated system?

Do you do much MetaTrader strategy programming? I've been doing a lot myself, currently working on a high frequency scalping system. See the attached TesterGraph.

While the rest of the world is in a mess, opportunities remain in currencies.

Hi Hyper,

I use my own system. Yes i use MT4 . My progrmming for MT4 is limited. I am reall big on support/resistance levels, pivots and a few other things. been playing with Bollingers lately for entries and exits, setting 21.2 rsi 8 stoc 833.

In regards to my tight stop if i trade from the s/r levels, i do not get stopped that often. Some of my entries have been within 1 pip of s/r pivot. The biggest stop i use with this system is 25 pips. My screen is set the same as a pro,s. from top left, eur/usd, gpb/usd,aud/usd/ nzd/usd. from bottom left. usd/jpy, cad/usd/ chf/usd/. I will onl have my s/r pivots on these charts. this is my main watch screen. Once i see approaching s/r pivot i will look at other indicators for over sold levels etc. If i am go long what is the RSI doing, where is it at. and so forth.

If you don't already do this try it, you will be surprised.

Be interesting to see this scalping system working, good luck.

Cheers

I would love to learn to trade/make a living online somehow. Even if I just could earn enough to cover my bills here in the UK - Say 1500 GBP per month. I have a few K GBP in savings/potential capital. I'm under so much stress/strain in my current job at the moment I've burnt out, on the verge of a breakdown even.

Seriously need a less stressful way to earn a living. Anybody prepared to teach a fellow how to trade online?

Additional Explanation on the EUR/USD

Charts added.

OK. IF YOU FOLLOW THE PLAN AND STRATEGY YOU SHOULD NOW HAVE 80 PIPS ATLEAST IN THE BANK.

I entered at 1.3327 and my stop was @ 1.3358. My stop is now 1.3331, Very strong resistance at 1.3329 My target maybe a little ambitous at 1.3273, TARGET HIT ON NUMBER 1 POSITION. 2ND TARGET HIT AT 1.3250 STOP NOW AT 1.3265, 1 POSITION OPEN.

Charts added.

OK. IF YOU FOLLOW THE PLAN AND STRATEGY YOU SHOULD NOW HAVE 80 PIPS ATLEAST IN THE BANK.

I entered at 1.3327 and my stop was @ 1.3358. My stop is now 1.3331, Very strong resistance at 1.3329 My target maybe a little ambitous at 1.3273, TARGET HIT ON NUMBER 1 POSITION. 2ND TARGET HIT AT 1.3250 STOP NOW AT 1.3265, 1 POSITION OPEN.

stop moved to 1.3242 plus 120 pips

Maybe running out of steam , notice the tails on the candles are getting longer which can be a early warning sign.

Back to the 4hr. I see a huge double top forming. If this breaks we could see 1.2996 = 300 plus pips.

Charts added.

Out 134 pip profit.

Entered Long at 1.3239 stop 1.3224 stop now move to 1.3317 = 78 pips in the bank.

Long entry is now back to this mornings trade. bumping of the major trendline again.

Strategy remains the same as one posted yesterday3/5/09

Maybe running out of steam , notice the tails on the candles are getting longer which can be a early warning sign.

Back to the 4hr. I see a huge double top forming. If this breaks we could see 1.2996 = 300 plus pips.

Charts added.

Out 134 pip profit.

Entered Long at 1.3239 stop 1.3224 stop now move to 1.3317 = 78 pips in the bank.

Long entry is now back to this mornings trade. bumping of the major trendline again.

Strategy remains the same as one posted yesterday3/5/09

Well to date 6/5/2009. I have made several other posts, however they have not been posted here. So my guess is that I am not aloud to post the advice I have been giving. (if thats the case, Moderators, let me know) or otherwise, they got lost in cyber space.

Presently sitting on 427ish pips this week.profit.

As my analysis predicted eur/usd has acted as thought. We have now come back the 1.3300 level which is of major importance.

New level to watch for entries 1.3402 look to short with a 10 to 20 pip stop. if has strong movement to the upside and holds look for a long entry and use the 1.3402 has support.

if breaks to the downside watch level 1.3250 and trend line breach, you should see a move of about 80 pips and a break of 1.3150 you can add another 80 to that.

Guest Bellini
What is everyone talking about?

Most of the time they are talking about currencies, ie USD (US dollar), EUR (euro), AUS (Australian dollar), GBP (British pound), etc. and how to make money with speculation about how the price will move. If they say "LONG" they speculate that the price (exhange rate) will go up; if the say "SHORT" they expect the price to fall.

paulo where do you see euro/usd trend,im short bias but thing has been ranging all week

May 11-15, the pair is approaching key resistance around 1.3750, which represents an important prior support/resistance level as well as the last major swing high. A breakout above that level would represent a significant confirmation of a new uptrend, and should target immediate further resistance in the 1.3900 price region. As the launching pad for the current bullishness, the 1.3300 price region should provide strong support for the pair going forward.

Also an looking for short entries around these levels

1.3684 and 1.3584

I would love to learn to trade/make a living online somehow. Even if I just could earn enough to cover my bills here in the UK - Say 1500 GBP per month. I have a few K GBP in savings/potential capital. I'm under so much stress/strain in my current job at the moment I've burnt out, on the verge of a breakdown even.

Seriously need a less stressful way to earn a living. Anybody prepared to teach a fellow how to trade online?

im in the proces of learning my self and i must say its not that easy and it takes some practice and skill before you can quit the dayjob and sit under a palmtree and in thailand and do your trading

but i have found a lot of help here babypips.com they have a forex school and and forum full og helpfull people and the best thing is that it is all for free

good luck

Paulo: Appreciate your sensible analysis of the EU.

Alfa: Agree, Babypips is a great site for newbies.

Anyone having trouble with the FXCM trading platform because of dodgy internet connection, recommend you download the Java platform. I had loads of probs recently with the normal one until FXCM suggested going to Java. I've used it for a week now and it's been rolid as a sock.

Cheers

im in the proces of learning my self and i must say its not that easy and it takes some practice and skill before you can quit the dayjob and sit under a palmtree and in thailand and do your trading

but i have found a lot of help here babypips.com they have a forex school and and forum full og helpfull people and the best thing is that it is all for free

good luck

Babypips is a great site. Beware of the thousands of scammers out there. Most of the education you can get for free. I suggest you look at Steve Nison,s Candles also. A little pricey, but worth the money. spend time learning how to draw trendlines correctly also. So many people draw them , but not correct.

I have been teaching four Traders over the past 18months. They are now averaging about 400 pips per week. The goal is to get them over 100 per day, which is the instititional standard for traders. If you can attain that level you will get a job anywhere if you wish.

EUR/USD is presently hitting trendline resistance at 1.3665. I am going to give it time to show me the direction. Beware the euro and usd sessions are not open yet for this weeks trading.

good luck

Babypips is a great site. Beware of the thousands of scammers out there. Most of the education you can get for free. I suggest you look at Steve Nison,s Candles also. A little pricey, but worth the money. spend time learning how to draw trendlines correctly also. So many people draw them , but not correct.

I have been teaching four Traders over the past 18months. They are now averaging about 400 pips per week. The goal is to get them over 100 per day, which is the instititional standard for traders. If you can attain that level you will get a job anywhere if you wish.

EUR/USD is presently hitting trendline resistance at 1.3665. I am going to give it time to show me the direction. Beware the euro and usd sessions are not open yet for this weeks trading.

Short EURUSD@ 1,3617 GPB/USD short 1.5238 Both stops in the money pips cashed in today =167 pips profit locked in.

good luck

Short EURUSD@ 1,3617 GPB/USD short 1.5238 Both stops in the money pips cashed in today =167 pips profit locked in.

Over 800 pips profit this week. Had a huge trade on the USD/CAD

ASX spec Stock tips.

PEN, ICH, BAR, AAF, EEE, CNX :), FCN, KOG.

Will be back with new S/Rs and FX strategy next week.

Which is the best Forex trading site for a newbie to play around with before diving in and opening a spot account, any beginner advice would be appreciated.....theres so many out there????

Edited by TheAceFace

Which is the best Forex trading site for a newbie to play around with before diving in and opening a spot account, any beginner advice would be appreciated.....theres so many out there????

im using oanda.com first as demo and now live and im very happy with it .. its supereasy and userfriendly and im a newbie

good luck

Edited by alfa156

anyone seriously into the equities market? been watching how the property sector has been on an upward trend. I though last week's drop was the time to sell. Alas i was wrong. bought LH at 2.76 and sold it at 3.96. Today it closed at 4.72 at a high of 4.98!

are we looking for more upward trend esp in the property sector? any pro opinions?

Hi Tigerbeer,

Sorry, dont know what LH is, this being international forum you have to tell what market it's trading on.

There seems to be a lot of optimism and a return to risk appetite in all markets at the moment, particularly German Dax. I really cant make a decision as to whether this rally is likely to keep going or if there will be a fall back soon.

Sorry then, I definitely have no insights on the Thai market, I only trade UK, US and German.

But even not knowing the market, I think that you'd have to be very careful with anything to do with the property market at the moment.

Indexes have bounced up all around the world and we all know that they tend to overshoot up and down.

I can't imagine that a correction downwards will be too far away, but I've been wrong plenty of times before.

Hi Loong, was thinking more of this forum being focused on the Thai market. please excuse my ignorance. LH is Land & House trading on the SET.

• 2 weeks later...

For someone who might be regularly trading SET, I'm just curious as it now reaches 585

what do the charts show as been the next resistance level?

Whilst the fundamentals for Thailand are not dire

as they are in the U.S., to me there still seems to be an element of " disconnect "

( more in the speed of the rally than perhaps the amount )

between this current SET rally and the underlying fundamentals for the economy?

Anyone agree?

Edited by midas

• 1 month later...
Please Paulo1, keep it coming, I really appreciate your advice.

Sorry for not keeping up to date with thread. i hope you are all well .

Tomorrow 28/july/09. I will begin posting live trading signals for about one month

My aim is to show the people here how to trade live by visually seeing the signals live on your own system

The signal will be intra day, however there will also be longer term plays targeting 200 to 1000 pips.

I will not take any responsibility for any losses through these signals. Trade live at your own risk. Also at times I will post a reason why I entered the trade, apart from that there will be little explanation. I want the pips to do the talking , not me.

When i begin trading I will post I am here or something, and when I have finished posting the live trades for the day I will let you all know, nothing worse than sitting in front of a computer waiting for nothing. Also please be aware that we here in Thailand are at the whimmes of the Internet.

Number 1 Trade 27/07/2009

EUR/CAD

Timeframe daily/4hr hold

entry long @ 1.5375 or 1.5415 stop 1.5315 target 250 to 1000 pips

comment. low liquidity pair, big move expected. this is not a rush and bust trade, so relax wait and set your poiton correctly. If a break out appears, I will post your next best entry.

I have entered at the above.

.0.gif

post-49444-1248707759_thumb.png

Edited by Paulo1

Tomorrow 28/july/09. I will begin posting live trading signals for about one month

My aim is to show the people here how to trade live by visually seeing the signals live on your own system

The signal will be intra day, however there will also be longer term plays targeting 200 to 1000 pips.

I will not take any responsibility for any losses through these signals. Trade live at your own risk. Also at times I will post a reason why I entered the trade, apart from that there will be little explanation. I want the pips to do the talking , not me.

When i begin trading I will post I am here or something, and when I have finished posting the live trades for the day I will let you all know, nothing worse than sitting in front of a computer waiting for nothing. Also please be aware that we here in Thailand are at the whimmes of the Internet.

EUR/CAD

Timeframe daily/4hr hold

comment. low liquidity pair, big move expected. this is not a rush and bust trade, so relax wait and set your poiton correctly. If a break out appears, I will post your next best entry.

.0.gif

Had many problems trying to open this page this morning. So I don't know if these live signals will work through here, as you have at most 5 minutes to place the trades.

This is what happened.

Buy EUR/USD at 1.4254 SL 1.4228 TP 1.4304

Sell USD/CHF at 1.0698 SL 1.0724 TP 1.0648

Buy GBP/USD at 1.6495 SL 1.6469 TP 1.6555

Buy USD/JPY at 95.10 SL 94.84 TP 95.60

Profit in about 30 minutes.

EUR/USD at 1.4268 with 14 pips profit

Exit USD/CHF at 1.0686with 12 pips profit

Exit GBP/USD at 1.6525 with 30 pips profit

USD/JPY at 95.16 with 6 pips profit

Have a look in here: http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/public/forex_broker_reviews paying particular attention on the "unhappy" ones(as the others might well be people working for that company), in my view, even the few forex brokers that were having some sort of "business ethic" have now joined the rest of the bad ones with their dirty tricks, in some case everything seems to go well untill the crucial point: withdrawing the real cash from your account, then all kind of problems start appearing and many left empty handed, the only people that seems keep recommending joining a particular broker are those that are earning something from it, so be VERY carefull! and good luck to all

EUR/CAD

Timeframe daily/4hr hold

.0.gif

Had many problems trying to open this page this morning. So I don't know if these live signals will work through here, as you have at most 5 minutes to place the trades.

This is what happened.

LIVE TRADES FOR 29 july All

Sell EUR/USD at 1.4176 SL 1.4202 TP 1.4126

Buy USD/CHF at 1.0745 SL 1.0719 TP 1.0795

Sell GBP/USD at 1.6442 SL 1.6468 TP 1.6382

Sell USD/JPY at 94.35 SL 94.61 TP 93.85

GBP/USD hit TP 1.6385 with 60 pips profit

EUR/USD hit TP 1.4132 with 50 pips profit

Exit USD/CHF at 1.0788 with 47 pips profit

Ex USD/JPY at 94.087

+185 pips today

I had a Trader from the forum here today trade these signals with me. He is very happy. Perhaps he will post something here.

Next signals Thursday, 30 July 2009, around 11.45 AM

Update on the EURCAD.

Stops were hit last night at 1.5315

I have re-entered this trade today at 1.5325 and stop is now 1.5296. I have also taking 2 trades long on this today total of pips 70 profit, my stop is about 30 pips, so that means i am free carried free on 2 full lots.

i would be surprised if it can hold the break to the downside last night.

AUD/USD had a very nice pinbar on the Daily this morning

Reasons for entry.

1. pinbar on daily

2.round number .8300

3. fib 61.8

4. stop place placement very good

There is plently around at present, i don,t have the time to post them all, but have a look at these.

ALL JPY crosses, NZD/USD is prime for a nice short , I have entered this also at 6585 stop 6650.

AUDUSD chart attached.

post-49444-1248864571_thumb.png

post-49444-1248864588_thumb.png

post-49444-1248866791_thumb.png

Edited by Paulo1

EUR/CAD

Timeframe daily/4hr hold

.0.gif

This is what happened.

LIVE TRADES FOR 29 july All

Sell EUR/USD at 1.4176 SL 1.4202 TP 1.4126

Buy USD/CHF at 1.0745 SL 1.0719 TP 1.0795

Sell GBP/USD at 1.6442 SL 1.6468 TP 1.6382

Sell USD/JPY at 94.35 SL 94.61 TP 93.85

GBP/USD hit TP 1.6385 with 60 pips profit

EUR/USD hit TP 1.4132 with 50 pips profit

Exit USD/CHF at 1.0788 with 47 pips profit

Ex USD/JPY at 94.087

+185 pips today

I had a Trader from the forum here today trade these signals with me. He is very happy. Perhaps he will post something here.

Next signals Thursday, 30 July 2009, around 11.45 AM

Update on the EURCAD.

Stops were hit last night at 1.5315

I have re-entered this trade today at 1.5325 and stop is now 1.5296. I have also taking 2 trades long on this today total of pips 70 profit, my stop is about 30 pips, so that means i am free carried free on 2 full lots.

i would be surprised if it can hold the break to the downside last night.

AUD/USD had a very nice pinbar on the Daily this morning

Reasons for entry.

1. pinbar on daily

2.round number .8300

3. fib 61.8

4. stop place placement very good

There is plently around at present, i don,t have the time to post them all, but have a look at these.

ALL JPY crosses, NZD/USD is prime for a nice short , I have entered this also at 6585 stop 6650.

AUDUSD chart attached.

I made some good money today thanks to Paulo1'hints. Keep it coming Paulo1 :):D:D