Stockmarket Trading, Forex, Commodities.

What is everyone talking about?

:cheesy: most of us think we know what we know then we know what we know is not....

havnt read past this post for now to scared of midas bot virus.

Good thread Paulo, people actually sharing real time trades :thumbsup:

Hi Zorro,

Thanks for the kind words.

Presently I have been buying CGT 0.45 , hit -074 a few days ago. Still holding OMX, CCC, Expect to see the price of coal to hit about $300 per/ton about april so now is a good time to take positions. I don't post all my trades here , or update my total prtfolio's on forums. To many jealous and people that don't appreciate the info...LOL

tly.

FX.

At present I am selling the EUR, GPB, against the USD, these trades should be triggered byt the 15th of Jan 11

"I don't post all my trades here , or update my total prtfolio's on forums. To many jealous and people that don't appreciate the info...LOL"

yeah I stopped posting on the other thread for the same reason.

Im building a large postion in ARV. gold/silver/copper/uranium.

CCC is on my watch and I agree with your sentiment 100%. Just waiting to free up some capitol.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:cheesy: most of us think we know what we know then we know what we know is not....

Hi Zorro,

Presently I have been buying CGT 0.45 , hit -074 a few days ago. Still holding OMX, CCC, Expect to see the price of coal to hit about $300 per/ton about april so now is a good time to take positions. I don't post all my trades here , or update my total prtfolio's on forums. To many jealous and people that don't appreciate the info...LOL

tly.

FX.

At present I am selling the EUR, GPB, against the USD, these trades should be triggered byt the 15th of Jan 11

"I don't post all my trades here , or update my total prtfolio's on forums. To many jealous and people that don't appreciate the info...LOL"

CCC is on my watch and I agree with your sentiment 100%. Just waiting to free up some capitol.

Just had a quick look at ARV. I like what i see so far. The chart looks ok, and expect some resistamce at .075.

Always the case waiting for free capital to enter positions. The main thing is to be in what you believe , and build a responsible position in that.

Hi Zorro,

tly.

FX.

Is that a euphemism?

EURUSD. Have place sell orders at 1.2980/and 3000 and have a stop above 1.3100. Target 1.2640, pending momenteum break and looking at the 1.2200 zone. Time frame for trade 30 days

Stopped on EUR orders, revised opinion to long trades which produced some good pips am short again at 1.3400 target 1.3250

WHAT IS A MOVING AVERAGE?

To help understand moving averages, it is first necessary to discuss time series,

i.e., series of data points that are chronologically ordered. The daily closing prices

for a commodity are one example: They form a string of "data points" or "bars"

that follow one another in time. In a given series, a sample of consecutive data

points may be referred to as a "time window." If the data points (e.g., closing

prices) in a given time window were added together, and the sum divided by the

number of data points in the sample, an "average" would result. A moving average

is when this averaging process is repeated over and over as the sampling period

is advanced, one data point at a time, through the series. The averages

themselves form a new time series, a set of values ordered by time. The new series

is referred to as "the moving average of the original or underlying time series" (in

this case, the moving average of the close). The type of moving average just

described is known as a simple moving average, since the average was computed

by simply summing the data points in the time window, giving each point equal

weight, and then dividing by the number of data points summed.

Edited by Paulo1

Testing data, constitute convincing grounds that forex scholars’ trading systems involving support/resistance breakthrough are rather likely to result in loss than in profit. This is one of the reasons for 95% of traders to turn their forex deposits killers.

Testing data, constitute convincing grounds that forex scholars' trading systems involving support/resistance breakthrough are rather likely to result in loss than in profit. This is one of the reasons for 95% of traders to turn their forex deposits killers.

BTU hits $1.00 today from my buy tip posted here @.07cents. Guess i need not work for the next few years. But I enjoy trading to much, so its not work. :) :) :)

My Plan for 2011

1. Continue to trade paper money for precious metals and generally reduce my exposure to financial markets.
    Those markets are badly distorted by Quantitative Easing and government intervention and they carry a lot more risk than reward right now.
  2. ONLY buy stocks tied to real asset classes like agriculture, metals, and various forms of energy. I am NOT bullish on stocks. The ones I DO recommend must have an extremely compelling story. One, a uranium company, is up 130% in just six months. Speculation has its place in any market... but speculations will be rare in the pages of this year...
  3. Keep your 'contrarian hat' on at all times! Alarm bells should ring when food and fuel prices begin causing governments to topple... and even though stocks have soared since March 2009 many are now massively overvalued. Always and at all times this year - QUESTION what you're watching, hearing and reading in the mainstream financial media.

So to summarize, things appear to be headed toward a crescendo.

Edited by Paulo1

Testing data, constitute convincing grounds that forex scholars' trading systems involving support/resistance breakthrough are rather likely to result in loss than in profit. This is one of the reasons for 95% of traders to turn their forex deposits killers.

BTU hits $1.00 today from my buy tip posted here @.07cents. Guess i need not work for the next few years. But I enjoy trading to much, so its not work. :) :) :)

My Plan for 2011

1. Continue to trade paper money for precious metals and generally reduce my exposure to financial markets.
    Those markets are badly distorted by Quantitative Easing and government intervention and they carry a lot more risk than reward right now.
  2. ONLY buy stocks tied to real asset classes like agriculture, metals, and various forms of energy. I am NOT bullish on stocks. The ones I DO recommend must have an extremely compelling story. One, a uranium company, is up 130% in just six months. Speculation has its place in any market... but speculations will be rare in the pages of this year...
  3. Keep your 'contrarian hat' on at all times! Alarm bells should ring when food and fuel prices begin causing governments to topple... and even though stocks have soared since March 2009 many are now massively overvalued. Always and at all times this year - QUESTION what you're watching, hearing and reading in the mainstream financial media.

Some popular ideas there Paulo, but Id like to address all the very briefly.

1) Having been involved in financial markets for many years I can assure you theres no more risk to reward now than there has ever been. In anycase, do you mean risk to the upside, downside, opportunity cost, in stocks, capital markets, credit derivatives...?

2) Along with so many people at the moment Paulo youre confusing the very commodities you refer to, with financial assets. Food and grains, metals and energies are Commodities, they are not - and should not even really be considered - financial assets.

The trend in the last decade for more and more speculative investors like yourself to consider these commodities as financial assets due to concerns over more traditional share markets or capital and treasury markets, is precisely responsible for creating the record speculative positions we now have in commods, and more importantly the 'cost-push' inflation we're currently witnessing, as opposed to a tangible 'demand-pull' inflation, which will sadly affect the real economy.

3) If I recall correctly you live in Aus? I doubt you'll have Tunisian style riots about food and fuel ;) Unfortunately the very riots you predict are due to high commodity prices, because people like your good self want to speculate in their higher prices, so its a bit of a sick idea in my opinion;

"Buy commods, then get ready for riots, 'cos we can push the prices far too high for actual consumers!".

If speculation was in some way curbed or banned in commods, Im sure we'd have nowhere near the current levels of inflation, we would also have considerably higher equity markets, which is far more beneficial for the average man on the street.

Commod speculation is becoming dangerous; If AAPL shares get overvalued, no one gets hurt, if Wheat becomes overvalued, people could starve.

Edited by badge

"Buy commods, then get ready for riots, 'cos we can push the prices far too high for actual consumers!".

With all due respect I feel that is backwards.

It is not those buying to protect their quickly devaluing wealth that push the prices higher.

It is those that are devaluing the wealth that are causing the prices to skyrocket as they dilute their currencies.

Everyone has the same opportunity to buy what they want when the price is/was reasonable. That the currencies it was bought in has dropped due to dilution is not their fault but the governments short sightedness/unwillingness to truly address the problems.

Just my view.........

It is not those buying to protect their quickly devaluing wealth that push the prices higher.

It is those that are devaluing the wealth that are causing the prices to skyrocket as they dilute their currencies.

Everyone has the same opportunity to buy what they want when the price is/was reasonable. That the currencies it was bought in has dropped due to dilution is not their fault but the governments short sightedness/unwillingness to truly address the problems.

Just my view.........

Perhaps. But rising prices due to speculation in shares for example does not affect the real economy, speculation in commods does.

Take care of yourself, and each other. :)

Just my view.........

Perhaps. But rising prices due to speculation in shares for example does not affect the real economy, speculation in commods does.

Take care of yourself, and each other. :)

That could be true but I am not sure there is as much speculation in commodities as you think.

I would bet 9 out of 10 folks are not investing in PM's/other commoodities ( in the USA )

I would agree though that in oil such whiplash does occur....But those are the big boys GS etc. causing those.

I tend to think the rising prices we are seeing are more an effect of the additional trillion or more being added to the monetary supply one way or another.

I do also agree take care of yourself & others but we little folks will never even get close to an even footing with those that truly move the markets.

My Plan for 2011

Some popular ideas there Paulo, but Id like to address all the very briefly.

1) Having been involved in financial markets for many years I can assure you theres no more risk to reward now than there has ever been. In anycase, do you mean risk to the upside, downside, opportunity cost, in stocks, capital markets, credit derivatives...?

2) Along with so many people at the moment Paulo youre confusing the very commodities you refer to, with financial assets. Food and grains, metals and energies are Commodities, they are not - and should not even really be considered - financial assets.

The trend in the last decade for more and more speculative investors like yourself to consider these commodities as financial assets due to concerns over more traditional share markets or capital and treasury markets, is precisely responsible for creating the record speculative positions we now have in commods, and more importantly the 'cost-push' inflation we're currently witnessing, as opposed to a tangible 'demand-pull' inflation, which will sadly affect the real economy.

3) If I recall correctly you live in Aus? I doubt you'll have Tunisian style riots about food and fuel ;) Unfortunately the very riots you predict are due to high commodity prices, because people like your good self want to speculate in their higher prices, so its a bit of a sick idea in my opinion;

If speculation was in some way curbed or banned in commods, Im sure we'd have nowhere near the current levels of inflation, we would also have considerably higher equity markets, which is far more beneficial for the average man on the street.

Commod speculation is becoming dangerous; If AAPL shares get overvalued, no one gets hurt, if Wheat becomes overvalued, people could starve.

I am just a trader and am proud to say I am very good at it, unlike most. I am not really interested in debating economic policies or why, when and how. Most of my analysis is based on macro info, trade that strategy when it converges with the techs.

Central bankers should not be underestimated in their ability to prolong unsustainable trends. Even now, one of the front-groups for the global elite is advancing the idea that what the world really needs is another $100 trillion credit boom.

That is nothing more than a transparent attempt to reinflate the bubble of the last 30 years. It's also an attempt to deny reality. It's an attempt to avoid writing off bad sovereign debts in Europe and bad housing debts in America. Creditors don't want to take losses. And debtors don't want the ignominy of default or restructuring.

But 2011 is the year when many of these systemic debt issues have to be reckoned with. Further attempts at more bailouts or more lending are already fuelling inflation. That inflation is an economic and social phenomenon. And it's destructive. This is why I continue to recommend you reduce your exposure to financial markets.

Also notice that Shanghai Stocks Break Under 200-day Moving Average yesterday. Hmmm

Edited by Paulo1

You're all right (and wrong). There is huge speculation going on in just about every market now. As Badge points out, that is less important in equity markets as the worst thing that can happen is that stupid people lose some money. Not very important either in "precious" metals as if they all disappeared off the face of the Earth tomorrow, life would go on just the same. It is the speculation in non-renewable energy and renewable grains (and the energy bullshit associated with such) that could bring the world's financial markets to it's knees. Fortunately, now, some people are beginning to see that "grain based" fuels are a red herring, even if all markets do not yet.

Edited by lannarebirth

Sooner or later there will be tighter laws regarding leveraged spec in the essential commods. Yeah yeah that's a big task and there will be big players that get around it etc., etc. but for the reasons mentioned above it should happen to some extent. Companies will of course always need to hedge their positions, but I would say (and this is pure conjecture on my part) that many ag/commod companies have independent prop desks that are trading out of bounds with regard to their initial mandate to hedge their positions. Traders trade until somebody stops them, period. It's just the way it is. People will argue that that's more ''regulation'' and some distortion of the ''free market'' but anybody deluded enough to believe that the market in which we currently trade is a real ''free market'' doesn't get it.

As for the rest of the commodities, tank that shit. ETFs have to go. I'm talking spectacular blow-outs. However, I do realize that these ETFs are like termites - they just keep coming back again and again... but I'm all for mass extermination. I don't believe for one second that a loaf of bread will be 50USD, sugar at xxxxUSD, etc., etc., a gallon of water 1billionUSD yada yada yada. If McDonalds goes out of business because they can't source their potatoes for their french fries then I'll revisit my assertion. Until then, life goes on. In fact, even whatever blows up blows up, life will still go on. That I can assure you.

[...] I don't believe for one second that a loaf of bread will be 50USD, sugar at xxxxUSD, etc., etc., a gallon of water 1billionUSD yada yada yada.[...]

I agree. The commodity bubble will burst before these extremes are seen I imagine, whether on their own volition, or from an external event(speculative regulations/limits/bans etc).

The question is at what prices, and thats where conjecture becomes a trade. :)

Edited by badge

Sooner or later there will be tighter laws regarding leveraged spec in the essential commods. Yeah yeah that's a big task and there will be big players that get around it etc., etc. but for the reasons mentioned above it should happen to some extent. Companies will of course always need to hedge their positions, but I would say (and this is pure conjecture on my part) that many ag/commod companies have independent prop desks that are trading out of bounds with regard to their initial mandate to hedge their positions. Traders trade until somebody stops them, period. It's just the way it is. People will argue that that's more ''regulation'' and some distortion of the ''free market'' but anybody deluded enough to believe that the market in which we currently trade is a real ''free market'' doesn't get it.

As for the rest of the commodities, tank that shit. ETFs have to go. I'm talking spectacular blow-outs. However, I do realize that these ETFs are like termites - they just keep coming back again and again... but I'm all for mass extermination. I don't believe for one second that a loaf of bread will be 50USD, sugar at xxxxUSD, etc., etc., a gallon of water 1billionUSD yada yada yada. If McDonalds goes out of business because they can't source their potatoes for their french fries then I'll revisit my assertion. Until then, life goes on. In fact, even whatever blows up blows up, life will still go on. That I can assure you.

Psychology Upbeat Chalk it up primarily to three factors:1) Stock prices on the rise, from which people tend to draw optimism;2) Money printing, also known as quantitative easing (QE), continues unabated in the U.S., Europe, and Japan;3) Liquidity flowing from the developing world

The volatility index (the "VIX"), sometimes called the "fear gauge," is making new lows. Investors aren't scared of stocks falling or interest rates rising... or anything else that's highly likely to happen soon. When investors get this bullish and complacent, stocks usually wind up lower within months.

Marc Faber: ... the Fed will keep real interest rates negative as far as the eye can see. Negative real rates amount to expropriation and destroy one function of money: to be a store of value and a unit of account. If you measure the stock market not in dollars but gold, it is down 80% since 1999. I no longer regard the U.S. dollar as a valid unit of account. People shouldn't value their wealth in dollars because one day, in dollars, everyone will be a billionaire.

Here is not a bad sell setup, Well worth watching.

GPBCAD Sell is between 50% and 61% fib, have a nice big round number 1.6000 above present pa (price action) zone. Has a good R/R. Minimum 1/1 with 1/4 potential. Signal from Daily Chart. Trading under previous support,. Nice shooting star formation, Resistance confluence. FIB zones. Pivots, Weekly R1 1.5876, Daily Pivot 1.5895, Monthly R1 1.5919, Daily R1 1.5948. 50sma has a nice slope, Have trend line resistance, stoc turning down fro above 80.

With all the above points this should give a nice return, atleast positive.

Concern is the weekly shows some bullishness.

Strategy could be to wait for a bouce back towards 61.8 and enter there. Or use a scale in method, sell some now, if retraces sell some more etc etc..

Profit strategy , can take profits near support zones, 38, 50, 23 fibs or use Pivots. Daily zones, S1, S2,S3, or target the the monthly/weekly pivot at same zone 1.5633.

post-49444-0-60832000-1295606872_thumb.g

Edited by Paulo1

GPBCAD Sell is between 50% and 61% fib, have a nice big round number 1.6000 above present pa (price action) zone. Has a good R/R. Minimum 1/1 with 1/4 potential. Signal from Daily Chart. Trading under previous support,. Nice shooting star formation, Resistance confluence. FIB zones. Pivots, Weekly R1 1.5876, Daily Pivot 1.5895, Monthly R1 1.5919, Daily R1 1.5948. 50sma has a nice slope, Have trend line resistance, stoc turning down fro above 80.

Strategy could be to wait for a bouce back towards 61.8 and enter there. Or use a scale in method, sell some now, if retraces sell some more etc etc..

Profit strategy , can take profits near support zones, 38, 50, 23 fibs or use Pivots. Daily zones, S1, S2,S3, or target the the monthly/weekly pivot at same zone 1.5633.

Weekly finish is looking strong. If weekly breaks out will look at a buy stop above 1.605 zone target around 1.6350. Daily signals can take some time to mature so as always patience is needed.

Daily sitting on 200 sma

Sold XAUUSD at 1386.34 and 1374.91

Sold XAGUSD at 29.60 and 28.95

Edited by Paulo1

Weekly finish is looking strong. If weekly breaks out will look at a buy stop above 1.605 zone target around 1.6350. Daily signals can take some time to mature so as always patience is needed.

Daily sitting on 200 sma

Youve made a few posts this last week Paulo, its a shame youve waited at least a week to report the AU and AG shorts.

Daily sitting on 200 sma

Youve made a few posts this last week Paulo, its a shame youve waited at least a week to report the AU and AG shorts.

'As staed earlier I don't post all my trades. Ther are several othesr that have performed well also. The above trades were high% entries.

Plus this is not a signal advisor thread. If people want all my trade setups they can subcribe and get them.

But the reality is I am to busy to run a signal service and most of what i post here is free and can be taking or not. . I never posted tEurAud. EU, AU Cable USDCHF trades that that all produced results 100 plus pips. a/. Working fulltine inthe markets i asure you my postings on TV are LOW priority. Considering ALL the thanks from past trades that have moves 100s of %. I really nice to crack some good trades and see who has the investment risk to give them ago. In fact I hae a few people from TV follow my trades and have sent big thank you notes.

If you post some trades i will follow them with interest, be good to see some stratey on how the trades setup.perform Size, risk, reward, stop, profit etc. Can you do that when you get a good high% signal. Am sure many will appreciate it considering your claim of trading finacials for a long time.

Look forward to it.

cheers

Daily sitting on 200 sma

'As staed earlier I don't post all my trades. Ther are several othesr that have performed well also. The above trades were high% entries.

Plus this is not a signal advisor thread. If people want all my trade setups they can subcribe and get them.

But the reality is I am to busy to run a signal service and most of what i post here is free and can be taking or not. . I never posted tEurAud. EU, AU Cable USDCHF trades that that all produced results 100 plus pips. a/. Working fulltine inthe markets i asure you my postings on TV are LOW priority. Considering ALL the thanks from past trades that have moves 100s of %. I really nice to crack some good trades and see who has the investment risk to give them ago. In fact I hae a few people from TV follow my trades and have sent big thank you notes.

If you post some trades i will follow them with interest, be good to see some stratey on how the trades setup.perform Size, risk, reward, stop, profit etc. Can you do that when you get a good high% signal. Am sure many will appreciate it considering your claim of trading finacials for a long time.

Look forward to it.

cheers

Just to let you all know i am going to entry 3 trades on FX open..

CS preso-strat jan 19th.ppt

Edited by Paulo1

Daily sitting on 200 sma

Look forward to it.

cheers

Im not selling any tip-peddling service, so have no inclination to explain anything I trade to anyone. My income doesnt come from marketing or appearing successful, it comes from my trading, and my P+L is no ones business but mine.

Im sure you understand this, as you mentioned above, you have many trades you dont disclose.

This was why I asked about the AU and AG trades you mentioned; why bother disclosing them in such a delayed manner, and not all the others? I appreciate its meaningless however. :)

That said, I often leave my entry/exit signals from my FX model on the 'Is The Usd$ Destined To Collapse' thread here - although I only trade eurusd and gbpusd - and singals from my Index model on 'The Stock Market' thread here, as I trade european indices, and occasionally some individual shares or sectors. I dont trade penny shares; theres barely enough volume in BHP(BLT.L) thesedays, let alone penny dreadfuls with huge spreads. Not my cup of tea.

GL

[...] a/. Working fulltine inthe markets i asure you my postings on TV are LOW priority. [...]

I understand, Ive worked within financial markets for a dozen years, in many differing capacities . Who do you work for at the moment?

Also heres links the the forementioned threads here. Theres some good contributors. :)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/293008-is-the-us-destined-to-collapse/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/285185-the-stock-market/

GL

[...] a/. Working fulltine inthe markets i asure you my postings on TV are LOW priority. [...]

I understand, Ive worked within financial markets for a dozen years, in many differing capacities . Who do you work for at the moment?

Also heres links the the forementioned threads here. Theres some good contributors. :)

http://www.thaivisa....ed-to-collapse/

http://www.thaivisa....e-stock-market/

GL

Thanks for the links.

If you get a good signal it would be appreciated if you could post it here along with the strategy for the signal.

Presently I work for a HK FX company.

GL

Thanks for the links.

If you get a good signal it would be appreciated if you could post it here along with the strategy for the signal.

Stocks to watch. MSF *****, CCC*****, PEN ****, CGT****, OMX ****, BTU have had the run. I post that to at .07 now over $1.00.

Other holdings, BAR, EYE these thing will fly in about 6 months or less,

RTL is floating a new project, should be a winner.

LRL huge cash reserves, 40 mil i think.

OMX is going to take a little time, but worth a shot. CEO has financed this company with own money, last share he took hold of went to $8.00 , (pes)

FX GPB crosses at good trade zones, just need some patience to jump on.

GPBCAD as posted the other day is 1.5897. entry 1 was 1.5900 stop remains 1.6013. It does look like more upside. Weekly looks bullish

GL

Thanks for the links.

Does the company have a name/website?

Just to let you all know i am going to entry 3 trades on FX open..

Downloaded this report, it looks interesting and succinct, would recc. anyone else to have a look too.

Will read later, thanks.

[/quote

Update. Not as predicted, but as probability suggested the GPBs encounted some weakness as has the USD. Nothing new considering.

GPBCAD as stated previously entry was 1.5900 . USA low closing a this point stands at 1.5676. , just passing weekly support at 1.5690. and we have confluence with 50%fib zone near the low.

profits have been taken at 5836 + 62 and 5726 for about 170 pp total locked in on this trade 232 pips profit. Stop is now moved to 1.5890.

Additional entries were made on cable, dragon and USDCHF all producing excellent returns.

Am still holding XAUUSD, XAGUSD shorts.

ASX, Trades made. Entry on FAS at .052 and am building a spec position in SMN. All previously posted trade remain the same.

To to risk concious trader i strongly suggest getting into MSF and QUB , both ASX. :D

I can not post all my trades here, due to the fact of my work load, the speed at which markets move and my life style. However, I will post the occasional high% signal as with the GPBCAD along with explanation on the trade.

Be would be of benfit to others if actual trades were posted by other menbers, rather than opinions that are interesting at times but can serve more to confuse than help the newby or average trader.

Edited by Paulo1