Stockmarket Trading, Forex, Commodities.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great, do you have any targets?

i don't Paulo and i'm trading currencies in an amateurish and rather old-fashioned way using (substantial amounts of) cash, and most of the time without any leverage.

Leverage is a killer for most new traders. To often these brokers want to give 100/1 up to 500/1 scary.

I like the old-fashion way. Cash in King, Actually have a bit of Thai Baht i will change to NZD shortly. will be a nice trade.

Good luck with your trades.

EY, keep in mind the shooting start close on the daily. 115.31 is a huge zone so if going long wait for a break of that. On the 1hr i have a Head and shoulder formation if 115.31 fails,. Bit of EUR weakness as i write this.

XAUUSD stil no entry.on 4hr close

XAUUSD SIGNAL shows 1441.86 bid signs of failing. Even Star Pattern . Comment: you should not call a failed signal until the timeframe the signal was formed on is closed on the present timeframe. Daily signal is not validated until daily Candle/Bar has closed..

post-49444-0-69000500-1299500472_thumb.g

It would take a lot of guts to short gold now at 1443.

Looked strong at that zone. Now 1435, when previous highs are breached got to be careful, especially after silvers run and the dollar index falling.

Just shorted the EURUSD for 19 pips, and hold longs with another entered at 1.40031

Looked strong at that zone. Now 1435, when previous highs are breached got to be careful, especially after silvers run and the dollar index falling.

Just shorted the EURUSD for 19 pips, and hold longs with another entered at 1.40031

Crazy Monday.

XAUUSD charges higher 1444.91 then falls to a daily close of 1431.70 and forms a shooting star at resistance 1434.25 which still holds from 2/3/11 and closing on the 7/3/11 at 1431.70. Sopport at 1425.28 zone and if that breaks 1410. Perhaps the key is to wait for a trendline break??? I don't trust the Stocastic at this point , however there is some divergence, but I treat this with caution.

post-49444-0-77777000-1299538256_thumb.g

Crazy Monday.

XAUUSD charges higher 1444.91 then falls to a daily close of 1431.70 and forms a shooting star at resistance 1434.25 which still holds from 2/3/11 and closing on the 7/3/11 at 1431.70. Sopport at 1425.28 zone and if that breaks 1410. Perhaps the key is to wait for a trendline break??? I don't trust the Stocastic at this point , however there is some divergence, but I treat this with caution.

Sell entry made at 1432.90 stop 1437.60 target 1420. 40

Edited by Paulo1

EY, keep in mind the shooting start close on the daily. 115.31 is a huge zone so if going long wait for a break of that. On the 1hr i have a Head and shoulder formation if 115.31 fails,. Bit of EUR weakness as i write this.

IMO the Yen wins in the medium term (6-12 months) - I know you're trading short-term techicals, but I'm just expanding a bit to possibly expand the scope of a potentially decent thread.

In any case, I hope you get filled on your XAU/USD trade.

Crazy Monday.

Sell entry made at 1432.90 stop 1437.60 target 1420. 40

1425.28 holds as support. . have taken some profit of the table 1429.50 and 1426.00. Trendline has not yet been broken and move stop to 1432.74, have a felling that stop will get hit, so if market starts moving in that direction i will close trade. Gold does look strong off the 1430 number. Update Chart attached.

. Tomorrow is NZD Official Cash Rate expect 25 bos from 3% to 2.75% , would like to see .2.50% . The Kiwi has been sideways for the last 25 hrs am looking for sell entry 7424 zone, If it gets there will decide when the price action shows me what t do at that number.NZD Official Cash Ratecalendar_detail_star.gif 2.75%3.00%NZD Official Cash Ratecalendar_detail_star.gif 2.75%3.00%NZD Official Cash Ratecalendar_detail_star.gif 2.75%3.00%

post-49444-0-31694100-1299628177_thumb.g

post-49444-0-02187000-1299628282_thumb.g

post-49444-0-30867000-1299628396_thumb.g

post-49444-0-80821600-1299628537_thumb.g

IMO the Yen wins in the medium term (6-12 months) - I know you're trading short-term techicals, but I'm just expanding a bit to possibly expand the scope of a potentially decent thread.

More than welcome to expand the scope of this thread, Why do you think the Yen wins?

More than welcome to expand the scope of this thread, Why do you think the Yen wins?

That's a good question Paulo and to be honest, I have no solid basis for that prediction except the fact that I know traders love to hit par/parity numbers (i.e. EUR/JPY 100). All noise and technicals and even fundamentals aside, in my experience as we get closer to those par/parity numbers, traders gun for them like mad. Having said that, I realize it sounds kind of ridiculous... but it happens. I'm not a forex guy and I will not pretend that I can call moves in currency pairs (there are so so so many factors) and who knows what the BOJ would do in the interim, but I'd say that more BOJ intervention makes traders foam at the mouth and gun it even more - intervention is seen as a sign of weakness (until they kick your ass, that is......).

edit: I forgot to mention the possibility of "carry-unwind v.2.0."

Edited by jcon

That's a good question Paulo and to be honest, I have no solid basis for that prediction except the fact that I know traders love to hit par/parity numbers (i.e. EUR/JPY 100). All noise and technicals and even fundamentals aside, in my experience as we get closer to those par/parity numbers, traders gun for them like mad. Having said that, I realize it sounds kind of ridiculous... but it happens. I'm not a forex guy and I will not pretend that I can call moves in currency pairs (there are so so so many factors) and who knows what the BOJ would do in the interim, but I'd say that more BOJ intervention makes traders foam at the mouth and gun it even more - intervention is seen as a sign of weakness (until they kick your ass, that is......).

edit: I forgot to mention the possibility of "carry-unwind v.2.0."

Totally agree without about to parity trading. I do it myself all the time. In fact , alot of trades that i don't post here are around parity numbers, AUDUSD, USDCAD,USDCHF are recent trades i have done. Remenber just recently BOJ jumped in , lasted two days and continued to slide.

Forex is really quite difficult to trade due to the many factors involved. I tend to look at the weekly, daily timeframes for my intraday set-ups, most of the time that will keep me on the right sie of the market. Most difficult trade for me is the Breakout Trade going Long. I get about 27% correct the rest is a loss. Anyone with a good method and willing to share I will give it a go. In my general trading i am about 73% correct, On my FX account I aim for .5% to 1% profit per day.. I have some friends in LA who get 2.5% profit each day trading 5min and 1min charts. Amazing.

I enjoy trading the ASX (australian stock exchange) You will see some of my tips here have produced nice returns. Really happy with BTU and QUB tips of recent. I think when i posted a buy on BTU they were .07 now over $1.00, Also QUB, was $1.04 ish now $1.60. still believe there is more in this to about $2.50 .

P, you made any changes with the tsunami quake??

Not really. Traded Yen pairs on Friday. Was out for the day and did not know about the Japan Quake, and when i arrived home at 4pm ish heard it on the news, Jumped on the computer and could see the Yen getting sronger, which was a bit strange, anyway the charts were saying buy yen and thats what i did. Had some impressive results, as with the AUDUSD off parity So will be watching them . Need to get an update on the G17 meeting in Europe this weekend. Will see some good tradable action there.

Am watching Gold for a long entry with a target to $1500 then 1600/50 . Uranium stocks will most likely take a hit this week, so that will be interesting, guess it all depends how bad the situation gets in Japan. Will have all the alternative energy people speaking out , so will be a trade there somewhere, just need to identify the better option.

Expecting Vollitility in most financials.

USD/JPY making a push for 80.

EUR/JPY going at 111.xx.

Guys pushing these levels who are in the trade at EUR 114 or USD 82.x are going to gun it because they are in the money to the point where BOJ intervention (and the squeeze-pop that ensues) will not take them out. People entering the trade now, however, could get run over.

Interesting times.

<br />USD/JPY making a push for 80.  <br /><br />EUR/JPY going at 111.xx.  <br /><br />Guys pushing these levels who are in the trade at EUR 114 or USD 82.x are going to gun it because they are in the money to the point where BOJ intervention (and the squeeze-pop that ensues) will not take them out.  People entering the trade now, however, could get run over.<br /><br />Interesting times.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

While you were sleeping jcon USDJPY reached 77.** and now we are at 78.**

Repatriation on forex by Japanese companies because of Fukushima, usual repatriation end of march and end of september PLUS closing of huge carry trades can not be fought by the BOJ, at least not for the time being. High Yield currencies suffered most because carry trades were closed.

AWESOME MOVE.

I don't have much to say beyond that but I hope that people are doing well in their trades, that was incredible.

p.s. As an aside, on Friday around 2:45ish pm my Thai broker called me and said, "Buy ESSO." I replied with, ''Um yeah, I'll look into that" (aka "Why the heck are you calling me?")

ESSO has since moved up just a hair under 20% (recommended buy @8.75 - closed at 10.4 today). Not bad, Thai broker! :jap:

[...]p.s. As an aside, on Friday around 2:45ish pm my Thai broker called me and said, "Buy ESSO." I replied with, ''Um yeah, I'll look into that" (aka "Why the heck are you calling me?")

ESSO has since moved up just a hair under 20% (recommended buy @8.75 - closed at 10.4 today). Not bad, Thai broker! :jap:

Nice job there jcon, what house is he with?

BANGKOK (Dow Jones)--Thai Oil PCL (TOP.TH) is interested in acquiring a stake in Esso (Thailand) PCL (ESSO.TH), a local unit of Exxon Mobil (XOM), Chief Executive Surong Bulakul said Friday.

"From the study, we found value in synergy with Esso," he told Dow Jones Newswires, without elaborating.

However, the company hasn't had any negotiations with Esso's shareholders, he said.

ExxonMobil International Holdings owns a 65.4% stake in Esso, while the Thai Finance Ministry holds a 7.3% stake.

[...]p.s. As an aside, on Friday around 2:45ish pm my Thai broker called me and said, "Buy ESSO." I replied with, ''Um yeah, I'll look into that" (aka "Why the heck are you calling me?")

Nice job there jcon, what house is he with?

BANGKOK (Dow Jones)--Thai Oil PCL (TOP.TH) is interested in acquiring a stake in Esso (Thailand) PCL (ESSO.TH), a local unit of Exxon Mobil (XOM), Chief Executive Surong Bulakul said Friday.

"From the study, we found value in synergy with Esso," he told Dow Jones Newswires, without elaborating.

However, the company hasn't had any negotiations with Esso's shareholders, he said.

ExxonMobil International Holdings owns a 65.4% stake in Esso, while the Thai Finance Ministry holds a 7.3% stake.

Hi badge,

It was Kim Eng :) (Which by the way, is itself a nice stock to own - recommended to me by another member of this forum - I did not buy when he recommended to do so and thus lost out on about a 20% move in that stock from the time of his recommendation..... not including their big fat dividend!!.....).

• 2 weeks later...

Just sold the EURUSD. 1.40825 stop 1.41228 target 1.40347

watching a buy on AUDUSD trade numbers. Buy stop 1.03070 target 1.03339 stop 1.02772

AUDUSD has been triggered. EU, have taking profits stop to in the money.

• 2 months later...

27th June 2011 I will began post free signals based on the Daily and 4hr Charts for FX, Gold and Silver. Trades will have entry, stop, and targets.

There is a big shift happening in the markets at present.

EURO/US DOLLAR (June 26th 2011, 1.4190)

Euro sold of nice last week as did Cable. This week expect downside potential on both pairs, EURO target this week 1.3830.

This will be reflected in other USD pairs, All sell entries should be entered on rallies higher

27th June 2011 I will began post free signals[...]

Free signals? As opposed to charging for signals? How very generous of you Paulo :whistling:

May I ask, if indeed you have any talent for diving consistant profitable trades, why not make a near unlimited amount of money from the tips yourself, instead of just trying to sell tips to people online? Kovner, Soros, Taylor, all successful fx traders, yet none try to sell tips to people online?

...There seems an obvious answer ;)