Spicy Food & Burning Mouth

insideleft

The problem with Acclimatizing your mouth is that at some point you reach the situation where you need to start addressing the inevitable results of putting spicey stuff into the inlet orifice.

Or as we use to say in the old days before the dominance of the high rise commode, food hot enough to burn the fingers of your left hand the next morning.

But a tad more on topic, cucumbers, often found on the plate of many Thai dishes, have a mild curative effect upon the heat on the tongue.

I just say I have an allergy against chilies, garlic, ginger, fish oil, etc.

Your life must be a living h_e_l_l Peace. To live a life without those wonderful foods would be like living with half a heart/liver/etc <name the organ> to me.

Thanks for the sympathy - hardly what I expected after I flamed the flaming food of which everybody in Thailand thinks is heaven on earth. I do not know why I enjoy mildly spiced Mexican food. But my mouth is really sensitive. Lately I noticed I got sour gums after only 5 or 6 small pieces of pineapple, either fresh or stewed. But I have not lost any organs that matter. :o

I find it painful and my eyes/nose run like taps, but I love chillies.. I find that cold milky tea instantly kills the burning, until the next mouthful. I also take acidophilus while I'm away to keep the intestines settled.

I've also come to realise was a miracle of simple functional design the little arse blasting hose they have next to the toilet is.

Thanks for the sympathy - hardly what I expected after I flamed the flaming food of which everybody in Thailand thinks is heaven on earth. I do not know why I enjoy mildly spiced Mexican food. But my mouth is really sensitive. Lately I noticed I got sour gums after only 5 or 6 small pieces of pineapple, either fresh or stewed. But I have not lost any organs that matter. :o

Hey, PB, sincerely sorry to hear that.

Keep on trucking!

Perhaps there is no solution to this one.

I cannot eat food that is even a little spicy. My mouth feels like I'm eating fire.

This happens with boring frequency in Thailand and I'd like to find ways of alleviating this reaction in ways that don't involve staying out of Thailand.

I've asked around for ideas on remedies for this burning mouth - eat a sweet - drink a hot drink -

Do you have any other remedies I can add to this small group?

I love being in Thailand and intend to move there soon, so finding ways of adapting to the local world is very important.

With these types of remedies, I hope to acclimatize my mouth, to raise its sensitivity to spices.

Thanks

etr :o

Not hot enough eh? "to raise its sensitivity to spices." like you want more?....jesus,