Transfering Old 5 Year Driving Licence To New Version

Boater

Hi

There is a new ' Credit Card ' Version of the Thai Driving Licence out now that actually looks like it wasnt made down Koh San Road..

Does anyone know how to go about converting my old Thai Driving Licence to the New Version ? IE where, what do i need to take as documentation and how much will it cost?

I am based in Samui

Thanks

These are only my thoughts....no facts here. If you just show up saying you want to upgrade your old one,the intellectual confusion by the bright folks will just be too much for their brains. You might try saying your wallet was stolen and need a replacement. Again not sure if there is a procedure in place and if there is will anyone know about it or have the gumption to facilitate the replacement...

I would agree with the above. I renewed my 1 year to a 5 year back in April, just when they brought out the new one. My girlfriend came with me and tried to swap her 5 year old one for a new one and was greeted with some very blank stares.

I wouldn't go down the losing it route either, as you are likely to end up back at square one with a 1 year license, and probably have to do all the eye/ reaction tests again.

Stick with your crappy laminated version and bow to those of us with superior digitally decorated credit cards haha.

Oh, and try not to get it wet as the laminate is not very waterproof from my experience :o